PS3Break: an affordable PS3 JailBreaker

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately as we announced previously, we will not be receiving a sample of the World's First PS3 JailBreaker as the producer/retailer OZModChips have received a court injunction from Sony. Anyhow, this particular product was being sold for an incredibly high price -- over $125, and other solutions quickly started to emerge.

One of the new USB solutions was released recently: the PS3BREAK. It is an affordable alternative to the 'official' PSJailBreak, that can be found for less than $50 on most shops. ShopTemp.com our official partner store have just started selling it, and they're offering a discount price to Tempers: under $40! Price even drops down to $35 if you add an extra piece to your order.

ShopTemp will be providing a sample to GBAtemp for review, so stay tuned for more information and an in-depth review from the team!

icon11.gif
View item on ShopTemp
icon11.gif
Visit official website PS3BREAK.com

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just curious but Sony easily got a complete ban on the PSJailbreak device due to some copyright issue, right? I.E. It contained some code that was Sony's copyright. Won't this device just be banned instantly in exactly the same way?

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, sony has fixed the hole (firmware 3.42). But it's easy to stop forced updates from them (setup an alternate dns-server), tried it and it works.
I've got my dingoo working with my PS3, but I haven't intalled anything yet, I've got to be sure sony can't detect it.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to this one, upgradeable firmware for when Sony blocks it, that's good.
Once I see that this will get firmware updates after sony does a firmware update, I might get it.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something tells me Sony just got owned... I've got a fat PS3 that I'm later planning to replace with a PS3 slim. I think I'll wait a bit, buy this thing and use it on my fat PS3.

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I'm just curious but Sony easily got a complete ban on the PSJailbreak device due to some copyright issue, right? I.E. It contained some code that was Sony's copyright. Won't this device just be banned instantly in exactly the same way?

Well, it's being made and shipped from a place where Sony cannot control as easily as the others...
rolleyes.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
it is a cheaper alternative to the Dingoo but i guess online play would be affected... u could wait for an easy tutorial to come out (maybe by gbatemp members *hint*) after which everything would be very safe
Although you can do this yourself with a wealth of devices like Dingoo, a programmable USB circuit, I think PS3 Break is nice because it offers ease of use and simplicity, as well as firmware updates.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i have set up an alternate dns-server to prevent the latest update. is it ok for me to connect to the Ps store now? without having to worry about the update?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dragonjud said:
Jamstruth said:

Well, it's being made and shipped from a place where Sony cannot control as easily as the others...
rolleyes.gif
what shoptemp?
laugh.gif

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I might wait before I buy.

I want to know exactly how Sony logs everything, and etc so that I am not at a risk of being banned. Once that is known, I'll buy the dongle.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
I might wait before I buy.

I want to know exactly how Sony logs everything, and etc so that I am not at a risk of being banned. Once that is known, I'll buy the dongle.
I'm pretty sure it's already been established that Sony can easily detect the title IDs that the jail break installs, so that you can load backups.
So basically, there's no safe way to go about using this without being detected, the only way to really use this, is to use it offline.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
agimann said:
Ninn said:
i have set up an alternate dns-server to prevent the latest update. is it ok for me to connect to the Ps store now? without having to worry about the update?
Yes

what about if i want to download a demo? will i get the update then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up