Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
SteamPunk AK2 Theme
With Animations!

Revo2 has created a SteamPunk theme for the Ackeard 2 which fully exploits the theme functionality to allow for animations!

About said:
• Managed to MAX out the top screen for multiple animations. Again, keeping the clock and calendar.
• Figured out the nuances of maxing out the width of the progress window and increasing its height.
• Found the placement of progress window and progress bar layers for seamless animation with lower screen window.
• Custom, calendar, clock, year numbers.

Thanks to Vato via IRC for the news!

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Project Post

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can actually animate these skins? I gotta check this out.
Edit: Ah, I see...all he's done is he's exploited the colon animation on the timer to mask the entire upper screen. That's pretty damn creative.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
With the bottom screen it only looks right if you have one-line file descriptions with the icon showing, with anything else the title doesn't line up right and makes it really hard to read. It's also one pixel too short at the top, so the top of the text touches the outer text line boundary, doesn't look too nice.

The bottom screen also has way too much contrast and it's kinda' hard to tell what anything is at once glance (other than the icon). The line also gets unreadable before the end of the window, as the background behind it changes to the select graphic, which makes the text in front of it unreadable. And yes, this happens on some games even without the region and group names appended.

In the cheats window, the highlighting bar... isn't there, nor does the text change color, so you can't see what you're actually doing.

The top screen is fantastic and I like the idea, but the bottom one loses too much usability.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
i agree, after playing around a bit, theres definately things that could be tightened up...

but the way the top screen is done is the neat thing. it also opens up the door for ppl to make more renditions of animated themes.

..i think i might make one with someone dancing 'the robot'
or, dare i say, (for AWs sake;p), a peek-a-bewb theme(oYo) =D

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
'Cause it's a shining example of much effort put into a custom skin and all sorts of tricks you can do in order to change stuff that most skins don't change.
That doesn't really seem any more impressive than any given piece of homebrew software, that are written from scratch.

wessel261

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
really nice skin though it's 2 frames
very nice and very creative
smile.gif

and to the people who want to know, ,I don't have an acekard
it works on wood r4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it may have been done before but this animated theme is, in my opinion mind you, better then the other one you linked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.