RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It implements PSN+, I wonder what other things it has in it too... ?
QUOTE said:
Hi everyone, once again we’re adding new features to the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system via firmware update to ensure we’re bringing you the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible. PS3 system software update (v3.40) will be available soon, adding the PlayStation Plus subscription, enhancements to the connection between your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts and more. Additionally, we’ll be launching system software update (v6.30) for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system simultaneously with PS3 system software update (v3.40), adding PlayStation Plus compatibility as well as other new features.

We’ve gone ahead and provided a few highlights from PS3 firmware update (v3.40) below:

•PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.
•Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.
•Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.
•Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.
•Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

In addition to the latest features introduced in PS3 system software update (v3.40), a separate, new PlayStation Network application on Facebook.com will be made available. This builds upon what was previously launched with Trophies and the ability to publish purchases from the PlayStation Store. Now you can further integrate your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts with this new application. The application allows you to display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account, find out which of your Facebook friends have a PSN account and send them a PlayStation Network friend request, view your PSN friends’ online status and add the PlayStation Network application tab to your Facebook user profile.

We’re very excited to be able to provide you with continued system software upgrades, which ensure your PS3 and PSP systems remain compelling offerings for years to come. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 and PSP systems, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate and http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/.

Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
This is a good reason for Team GEN to continue the PSP GEN firmware. I mean, who wouldn't want the PSN+ features such as cross chat and early betas of games?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
fgghjjkll said:
This is a good reason for Team GEN to continue the PSP GEN firmware. I mean, who wouldn't want the PSN+ features such as cross chat and early betas of games?
If you really want PSN+, you'd upgrade to official firmware.

I saw this coming ever since they said about PSN+. Can't say I'm surprised.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
any date on when this update will be released ?

.. it seems to be available through PSN (3.40 for PS3 that is) but no online website download
frown.gif

EDIT: http://downloads.exophase.com/672/ps3-firmware-340/

found this but it looks reallly fishy

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if Sony has done anything spectacular to block Datel's PSPAR, TiltFX and Football AR in the update. Seeing as PSPAR was released half a year ago it'll be quite interesting to find out if they have done anything about it and how long it will take Datel to get their PSPAR working on 6.30.

EDIT: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/06/29/psp-fi...-6-30-released/

EDIT: PSPAR and TiltFX are blocked by the update.
frown.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Jolan said:
benbop1992 said:
hmm, i like the sound of it, but team gen neede to pull there fingers out and start catching up.
Except from what I've heard, they've stopped working on PSP firmwares.
They obviously did not release 6.10GEN because nothing was really new in them. No one cared about comics or senseme and there was no point releasing it. Not when the entire firmware structure was changed again so many homebrew are incompatible with them.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Plus Comics and Sensme are infinitely more desirable that that rubbish in 6.30....

The Neo Geo and PCEngine folders which are included seem promising for OFW users though.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
xist said:
Plus Comics and Sensme are infinitely more desirable that that rubbish in 6.30....

The Neo Geo and PCEngine folders which are included seem promising for OFW users though.
i don't get those folders. It's PSPGO only i think from what wht i've seen on pspgen.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
features such as cross chat and early betas of games?

CROSS/CROSS GAME CHAT AINT HAPPENING!!!!

even Sony said/confirmed that its not gonna be in this update or even say if it would in a future update!

it was mentioned that it was comming on a spanish(I think) playstation website but then quickly ammended to remove that information as it was false!? ..apparently!?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
xist said:

i don't get those folders. It's PSPGO only i think from what wht i've seen on pspgen.

I get them on my 2000.

And BTW, is there confirmation that AR and TiltFX don't work on 6.30?

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
fgghjjkll said:
features such as cross chat and early betas of games?
CROSS/CROSS GAME CHAT AINT HAPPENING!!!!
even Sony said/confirmed that its not gonna be in this update or even say if it would in a future update!
it was mentioned that it was comming on a spanish(I think) playstation website but then quickly ammended to remove that information as it was false!? ..apparently!?

Sorry dude, but he's right. Cross game chat wont be happening on PS3/PSP for quite some time. Though I have no issue with this. I never really play PS3 with a ton of people seeing has how few of my Friends actually own one.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cross chat now there's a source of distraction and aggravation -- meh.

I'm more annoyed they didn't spell out the details of the PSP upgrade as they did for PS3 as I'm really curious about it.

I saw that comment a few posts or so up the list and saw the TiltFX listed. I've never been able to find one of those at retail and have wanted it, but won't risk an online buy I can't return. I think it could be a blast with a few games.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
benbop1992 said:
hmm, i like the sound of it, but team gen neede to pull there fingers out and start catching up.
team gen is forced to quit unless they get around the newest Motherboards... i mean 088v3 isn't still cracked, so thats already a "Point" that should be fixed, the latest one i've read so far is a "oh look brick" situation, so yeah. Gen had no other option to quit or to find a way around. in the end they were a big bunch of quitters....harsh facts, but somebody has to say it

D

Deleted User

Eh, I disagree. A fact is something that you can verify. Just because the newest motherboards haven't been cracked doesn't really mean much. Besides GEN has all the time in the world to come up with new material, whether they come out with it 2 months, 6 months from now or even a year from now is totally irrelevant.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:

I don't know (or give a shit) about the TiltFX, but I can confirm that the AR doesn't work in in 6.30. That's a pretty dick move, but what can you do.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lilsypha said:
SifJar said:

I don't know (or give a ****) about the TiltFX, but I can confirm that the AR doesn't work in in 6.30. That's a pretty **** move, but what can you do.

Well TiltFX was done the same way as AR afaik (btw, it was a motion sensor controller thingy from Datel), so I assume its broken too. Which is annoying as I was considering getting one. Good thing I waited. However, if Datel really can sign stuff as it seems, they should be able to get it working again I guess...

And you can't expect Sony NOT to patch any sort of unauthorized software on their system really. Especially one that lets people cheat in online games.

EDIT: I just checked Codejunkies (Datel's online store) and it warns that AR, TiltFX and Football AR are all blocked on 6.30, and tells users not to upgrade.

joka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
any date on when this update will be released ?

.. it seems to be available through PSN (3.40 for PS3 that is) but no online website download
frown.gif

EDIT: http://downloads.exophase.com/672/ps3-firmware-340/

found this but it looks reallly fishy

Sony doesn't put the firmware up for direct download right away. Anyway that site is legit. There's no way to fake or modify an update anyway, the PUP file is signed and encrypted...

If you are seriously skeptical then go through Network Update,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol