wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
DoomRL
Rogue Like Doom - What, uh?
doomrl-win-09.png

While PC homebrew has never been an important part of GBATemp, I thought that this project diserved a mention. Kornel Kisielweicz has scaled down the feel of Doom into a Rogue Like Dungeon Crawling action game. Featuring ASCII graphics that put me right back into my BBS Dial-up days, Doom music and sounds, and the ability to write Player-MODS for future releases. The controls are a bit complex, as they are layed out across the keyboard. So be sure to hit "?" when playing to see what is possible. Currently there are ports for the Windows PC and Linux environments.

download.gif
Off-Site Download (DoomRL 0.9.9.1 Windows version)
icon11.gif
Official Site
icon11.gif
Screen Shots
icon11.gif
Official WIKI
discuss.png
Discuss

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is homebrew really the right word on a platform that is not as closed as a console, which the PC is?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
people who won't give this game a play are really showing their age. i can remember playing a baseball game that was all text and ascii characters. i don't appreciate it when a game is called "ugly" or "stupid" because it doesn't have 3d graphics. bottom line, this is a game, it has all the elements of a game, and it is fun.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...