ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS Dutch Translation

What do you think of the translation we made?

• You did a very good job!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Meh, could be better...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It love it!

• AWESOME!

• Total voters

GuardianSoul

Translator
OP
Trophies
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
Dutch Translation
The links for v0.4 have been fixed!
Check them out right now!​
[flash=640,320]http://www.youtube.com/v/Dyaxk_0ONJ4.swf[/flash]
[title:Progress]
Story 36% (Up to Ecruteak City)
Battles 100%
Poké Gear 40%
Pokémon Emotions 30%
Pokédex 25%
Graphical hacks 19%

There may be some bugs/grammatical errors!
Coolness
Karakus
Lorddusk
Kiekoes
Jodyza
SOS-Rens
Raqib12
Demonbart
Timcard
B1nk13
RayGean
Discontinued, sorry :(.

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
stop this translation, it sucks an it is useless, nobody will play it!!!!

Nah, seriously, nice work ;D Congrats, keep up the good work

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess I could help a little... Do you have a plain text file of everything you've translated? I could check that for typos/weird sentences/mistakes every once in a while if you like. It's really easy to make small mistakes when you translate that much text
wink.gif

Volture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh please, just stop this.. it's a waste of your time. About 3 people will use this AT MOST. And I'm afraid they decide to just use the original version after one day anyway.

I mean, the idea's not that bad, but everyone's used to the English version of Pokémon, it's just way too confusing and uncomfortable. But who am I huh.

Anyway, if you'd really like to continue this, at least change the 'REN' to 'VLUCHT' since that is the correct translation and meaning of the 'RUN' used in the English, original, version.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Volture said:
Oh please, just stop this.. it's a waste of your time. About 3 people will use this AT MOST. And I'm afraid they decide to just use the original version after one day anyway.

I mean, the idea's not that bad, but everyone's used to the English version of Pokémon, it's just way too confusing and uncomfortable. But who am I huh.

Anyway, if you'd really like to continue this, at least change the 'REN' to 'VLUCHT' since that is the correct translation and meaning of the 'RUN' used in the English, original, version.

1.hey you know little kinds right
tongue.gif

some of those can`t read English but Dutch
so that is reason 1
2.and maybe are there people that are sick of English pkm ss&hg
3.and it`s cool have you ever seen ss and hg in dutch?

by Coolness
wink.gif

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ow, I should say this now before you've done too much to change it all, I think you shouldn't try to translate everything literally, that can get you some boring translations. FE: I think you should change: "Raak een Poké Ball aan bij een besluit" into "Raak een Poké Ball als je een besluit hebt genomen."
A game can be made or broken by it's translation, and a game just doesn't feel as good if the sentences in it are poorly formulated. You should keep this in mind: When translating, you shouldn't try to say the same sentence in another language, you should try to give the same information in another language.

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
anakinvm said:
Invierno said:

aweonao

Una de dos, o no entiendes ingles, o no entiendes la ironia, en cualquiera de los 2 casos, eres un pobre weon... Aprende un poco: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironia

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invierno said:
anakinvm said:
Invierno said:

aweonao

Una de dos, o no entiendes ingles, o no entiendes la ironia, en cualquiera de los 2 casos, eres un pobre weon... Aprende un poco: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironia
yo si fuera tu, hubiera puesto aunque sea algo en ingles xD por lo de las reglas... pico, mira wn, no vale la pena hablar con alguien que se calienta la cabeza y ni siquiera va a dar un argumento, deja que el aweonao sea feliz xD....

On topic: well... I must say that if they release a transalte for dutch... can the (U) come first lol?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I hate games in my own language (Dutch). As do most people according to "Black and White". Still, I think it's great for all the parents who hate translating every single line to their kids (PKMN is targeted to kids, right?). I guess it has a LOT to do with all the cartoons being "translated" by 2 or 3 people. IAW: Every cartoon sounds the same and is kinda in par with "House of the Dead 2" (read: AWFULL, GROSS ... etc).

For all the dutch peeps: Bring your PokeMon Platinum to ToysXL on 27th March (11:00-16:00 ?) for Arceus ... and pre-order to get his/her figurine.
Link: http://www.toysxl.nl/toys-xl-home/pokemon-...s_icmp=466zcsaE

Doing stuff for free is ALWAYS great, even if not a lot of people will appreciate it ... the ones that do usually make up for the whiners.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
commdante said:
Personally, I hate games in my own language (Dutch). As do most people according to "Black and White". Still, I think it's great for all the parents who hate translating every single line to their kids (PKMN is targeted to kids, right?). I guess it has a LOT to do with all the cartoons being "translated" by 2 or 3 people. IAW: Every cartoon sounds the same and is kinda in par with "House of the Dead 2" (read: AWFULL, GROSS ... etc).

For all the dutch peeps: Bring your PokeMon Platinum to ToysXL on 27th March (11:00-16:00 ?) for Arceus ... and pre-order to get his/her figurine.
Link: http://www.toysxl.nl/toys-xl-home/pokemon-...s_icmp=466zcsaE

Doing stuff for free is ALWAYS great, even if not a lot of people will appreciate it ... the ones that do usually make up for the whiners.

tell it to www.projectpokemon.org
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raak de pokébal aan bij een besluit?
Sorry for saying that but that some bad Dutch. A dutch translation is nice and all, but please don't make those kinds of sentences.
I might be able to check the texts for you, just as a second opinion, seeing as I'm a great nitpicker I thought you might like me to help you out.
Just sayin'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all