Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
sorasurprised.jpg

Although Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep was just released for the PSP in Japan, Square Enix is already planning another entry in the series.

In an interview with Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura says that the next game won’t star Sora and it won’t be named Kingdom Hearts III. Instead, the main character will be another person who happens to play a central role in the ongoing saga. The “mystery” game will connect the complicated stories spread across previous titles.

He also stated that he would like a new Kingdom Hearts game to be released every year in order to keep the fans happy. Presumably, the next title in the series would then be released in 2011.

When asked if Kingdom Hearts III would subsequently come out in 2012, Tetsuya Nomura refused to comment.

sauce

They all cry for Roxas anyway.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
QUOTE said:
He also stated that he would like a new Kingdom Hearts game to be released every year in order to keep the fans happy
It seems they are going to milk till it bleeds before releasing KH3
wacko.gif

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
.................................. I have no words..... I hope they know what they are doing.... They should just release Kingdom Hearts III and stop the milking already, and i mean seriously.... The games are all good, but if they continue to do more games the series is gonna run dry and there will always be some loose end that they would want to fix.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
He also stated that he would like a new Kingdom Hearts game to be released every year in order to keep the fans happy
in other words their gonna do the same shit to this like they do to FF
dry.gif

...You're surprised? It's Square Enix. Anything that makes cash is instantly milked for fanboy buys.

This series is already going to be milked out before KH3, I fear.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The main character will be another person that has a central role in the saga huh?
We already had Sora & co twice, then a game about Organization XIII and the Keyblade masters before Sora and friends.

I pretty much think its a game about Riku and King Mickey
ohmy.gif

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
MegaAce™ said:
The main character will be another person that has a central role in the saga huh?
We already had Sora & co twice, then a game about Organization XIII and the Keyblade masters before Sora and friends.

ohmy.gif

No. Cloud is becoming the main character so then they can milk twice.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Prowler485 said:
MegaAce™ said:

ohmy.gif

No. Cloud is becoming the main character so then they can milk twice.

Cloud didn't have a central role in those games
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't they run out of parts of the story to connect together? Unless this one connects Birth by Sleep to the rest, I can't think how they could fit anything else inbetween the events we've already played through. No mention of what platform they're aiming for though.

[Edit cause other people type faster than I do]: Though the suggestion of Riku and Mickey... now there's a game I'd be interested in
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, i'm a fan of this series to a certain degree and maybe due to this, everyone will use this fact to invalidate this comment. But everyone who accuses this series of being a cash cow and criticizes it for it is a hypocrite. Almost EVERY game company in existence does this. Nintendo with Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and more. SEGA with Sonic, Phantasy Star. Namco with Tales of games. Rockstar with GTA. I don't get why anyone thinks it's so horrible for Square Enix to release new games in a popular series which genuinely has its good points and sells well.

Honestly, i've enjoyed all the KH games to an extent (never played the mobile games). It's not like they're hurting any of you people if they make these games, they're usually really solid games that have a lot of "heart" put into them (no pun intended really). They're really good hack n slashers, and I like the way they meld Disney with Final Fantasy. The presentations are through the roof, i just genuinely like them. They're not perfect by any means, but criticizing these games and not other even more blatant cash cow series' is hypocritical. Odds are you like at least one other major series that is milked constantly.

As for this game, i couldn't care less what they do with the series as long as the gameplay is fun. I very rarely had any issues understanding the stories. And I don't think it's any more convoluted than a series like Star Wars (originals or prequels), yet no one bothers those movies.

I wear a sig on Gamefaqs (yes, THAT place) that states- "NEVER judge a game you have not played". Regardless of what you have to say about a game series, you have no right or reason to complain about it before you play this game. And I still don't understand why it would bother you that OTHER people enjoy these games. What kind of immature person takes offense to someone liking a game they hate? I myself am a fan of the series and despite never bashing people for not liking the games, i myself have been greeted with fair amounts of hostility due to enjoying the games. It's a funny world we live in where one's personal choices in game entertainment becomes a source of mockery amongst other gamers...

I may save myself SOME amount of hostility by saying- I'm not a rabid fan of this series. I have enjoyed most of the games in this series to a certain extent. But I've always had a bone to pick with almost all of them. They're not perfect by any means. I do enjoy them and find them charming. I grew up with Disney and the classic Disney stories appeal to me even now as an adult. I like these games. It doesn't bother me that someone wouldn't like them, or find them impossible to understand. But it does bother me when 1- someone bashes a game before it's released, and 2- someone attacks me personally for liking the games. I'm not saying they're perfect at all (they're far from it), but i do enjoy them and that's MY opinion. Tough if you don't, but it's not any of your business if I or other people like the series. Not your call to mock people for it.

Wow, long rant is long...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
raulpica said:
They're milking the series dry. I wonder how much time will pass 'till even rabid KH fanbois will be fed of it.

I find it wonderfully funny when people say KH is so milked, and then they eat shit up like FF13 and all those FF7 spin offs.
I love KH and I never said that!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
raulpica said:
They're milking the series dry. I wonder how much time will pass 'till even rabid KH fanbois will be fed of it.

I find it wonderfully funny when people say KH is so milked, and then they eat shit up like FF13 and all those FF7 spin offs.

Most of the people who say the aforementioned milking comments say the same thing about most Squenix (my abbreviation) franchises. Thought I'd point that out.

Meh, played the first Kingdom Hearts and still haven't finished it. My new PS2 controller is shitty and the old one broke/was shitty. The game itself is decent hacking and slashing, but nothing I'd consider memorable. Probably wouldn't care too much for another KH game, sequel or spin-off or whatever.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DeltaBurnt said:
raulpica said:

Most of the people who say the aforementioned milking comments say the same thing about most Squenix (my abbreviation) franchises. Thought I'd point that out.

Meh, played the first Kingdom Hearts and still haven't finished it. My new PS2 controller is shitty and the old one broke/was shitty. The game itself is decent hacking and slashing, but nothing I'd consider memorable. Probably wouldn't care too much for another KH game, sequel or spin-off or whatever.

I like the games more for the nostalgic factor. Also after coming so far in the in the story I can't just stop now, too much of my time has already been spent on it.

If you really add up only the releases people care about there's only been 4 releases in English. And one of those is 358/2 days, which is optional to the story completely. Also the gameplay isn't horrible, I just wish they had more challenging difficulties.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't get what the big problem is.
Yeah, SE milks FF and now KH.. so what?

Imo, I don't find any of the Final Fantasy games BAD except for X-2 and XII.
Final Fantasy is one of the most popular RPG names right now. Why stop?

As far as I'm concerned, all the KH games are very well done.

You want milked? Try Halo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +1