wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
Cloned AK2i
Official Announcement
fake1ak2i12610.jpg

Team Acekard has officially released information on the cloned AK2i. Head over to their official site, linked below, for more information. Remember that cloned Acekard products are not covered under the team’s 1yr warranty. Be careful where you purchase from, do your research, and make sure your seller offers a return/refund policy.

icon11.gif
Acekard's News Page
discuss.png
Discuss

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tinymonkeyt said:
Cool story, bro.

whats real interesting about this news is that team acekard has finally admitted the clone problem exists. the post they made on 6/1/09 simply explained what was in a real acekard. this new post uses the world "clone" and they go so far as to show actual images of a cloned kit. i guess this is what you get for selling the plans to your linker to crappy companies who don't care if a clone of the oem is made.

this could explain the new problem people are having with the firmwares and the odd hwid reports.

-another world

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hang on a minute.... there's definitely something wrong here !!!!
unsure.gif

QUOTE said:
They're using the "Actel" chip which we do not use for a long time.I've taken the sticker off my AK2i & the chip behind it is an 'Actel Proasic 3'
QUOTE said:
The clone cart has to open a window at the back of shell to fit the chipMy card has a window to allow the chip to fit
Here is a easy way to distinguish real one and clone one, using the latest official firmware or AKAIO.The clone one will be blocked
I'm using AKAIO - & the card isn't blocked

So is my card a clone, or is it genuine ???
confused2.gif

I think this warning must only apply to the newer AK2i
In fact the only problem I've had with it is when using it in a DSLite - it sometime locks up on the Nintendo 'Health' screen

EDITED: Ahh hang on - I looked further down the page (about 1/2 way down)
Can't tell about the chips inside since I've had to glue the 2 half's together when I tried the 'Card trick'

How to distinguish the real AK2 and AK2i

This is AK2i?shell
shell.JPG

This is the first type of AK2 and AK2i. It has a window in the shell.
Please notice the banner of the chip which AK2 and AK2i used. It called "Actel"
backshell1.JPG

This is another side of PCB.
pcb_tf.JPG

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Cool story, bro.

whats real interesting about this news is that team acekard has finally admitted the clone problem exists. the post they made on 6/1/09 simply explained what was in a real acekard. this new post uses the world "clone" and they go so far as to show actual images of a cloned kit. i guess this is what you get for selling the plans to your linker to crappy companies who don't care if a clone of the oem is made.

this could explain the new problem people are having with the firmwares and the odd hwid reports.

-another world
Oh, sorry. My comment wasn't directed at you >.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CannonFoddr said:
Hang on a minute.... there's definitely something wrong here !!!!
unsure.gif

your not the only one confused. they have released so many different builds of their kits it is very hard to keep up with it. i got lost somewhere around the ak2i, mostly because i never owned one. what they are saying is that the new kit, the one that is shipping now, does not have an actel chip and it doesn't have the window in the case. older kits are different.

-another world

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oo man..
unsure.gif
mine works dine so I guess its not fake. but I was planning to get another one soon just in case.
Does anyone knows where do they sell real ones and where do they sell fake ones?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
Oo man..
unsure.gif
mine works dine so I guess its not fake. but I was planning to get another one soon just in case.
Does anyone knows where do they sell real ones and where do they sell fake ones?
Lol, you don't know if your working one is fake, but you want to buy another just in case - problem is, you won't know if the 'new' one is fake either, so you'll need to buy another one....a vicious cycle
tongue.gif

Well, I needed to run the R4i FW Update fix to update my newly purchased AK2i, but:
* it runs AKAIO 1.5.1 without any problems;
* doesn't have any hole on back of cart
* don't want to remove the sticker, but there's no ivisible 'lump on face of cart, although to touch there feels a small slight bump right in the middle (under #2).

AK Team probably haven't really clarified any clone concerns, not at this point anyway.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must have the old, manufactured-a-long-time-ago-batch kind of ak2i cause ofw 4.21 works even though there a square depression underneath the sticker (didn't dare peel it)

This gave me a scare, gbatemp! Wouldn't want a fake ak, if only for future akaio updates

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda weird to hear this. when I hear the word clone, R4 is the first thing that comes to mind. It's hard to believe the fact that they cloned the AK2i.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard has been cloned for ages, only it wasn't called Acekard, but R4 Ultra or whatever else...
But yeah, this has more impact on people looking to buy Acekards.

QUOTE said:
No its AKAIO thats dead.

In related news, Nintendo has announced that due to rampant piracy they will leave the video game business and start a line of pencil sharpeners. They hope this new business will be more profitable because who cracks pencil sharpeners, know what I'm saying????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night