Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
mascot.gif
Tempcast Live #10
Blame Spikey
jakn06.png
Tonight at 11:30PM GMT, there will be yet another live episode of Tempcast - the official GBAtemp podcast

With Tempcast Live we try our best to include the members of GBAtemp and we do that by answering their questions in the #tempcast channel on the gbatemp IRC channel. If you don't know how to get on IRC then go here. For the sake of keeping things less clattered and also for our members, the #tempcast channel will be moderated so anyone spamming or misbehaving will be banned.

icon11.gif
Tempcast Recording
icon11.gif
 Time
discuss.png
 Discuss

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox sounds hot >_>

And also, Spikey, you were such a dick to Josh. Sounds to me he was the ONLY one that did something to help support the Tempcast, and you just flame him like that? Spikey, bro, thought you were better than that. You just gave future segment makers second thoughts on making segments and sending them to you. Good job.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
And also, Spikey, you were such a dick to Josh. Sounds to me he was the ONLY one that did something to help support the Tempcast, and you just flame him like that? Spikey, bro, thought you were better than that. You just gave future segment makers second thoughts on making segments and sending them to you. Good job.
Listen to it again and you'll know why I would "flame him like that". It was not flaming, it was criticism.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
Brian117 said:
Listen to it again and you'll know why I would "flame him like that". It was not flaming, it was criticism.

I listened to it about 3 times. And how can you blame Josh for Laws internet connection?

Call it what you will, it wasn't the right way to tell Josh what to do for the future. Quote unquote you said, "First of all, there was background noise"...........which is such crap because while you talk with guests, you can here the keyboard clicking, and even the mouse clicking nonstop. Maybe you should try cutting on your own background noise before you badger Josh's segment for that. Not setting a good example.

Bleh, just whatever. I'm stopping now to prevent future flames. You may have the last word if you'd like.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Spikey said:
Brian117 said:

I listened to it about 3 times. And how can you blame Josh for Laws internet connection?

Call it what you will, it wasn't the right way to tell Josh what to do for the future. Quote unquote you said, "First of all, there was background noise"...........which is such crap because while you talk with guests, you can here the keyboard clicking, and even the mouse clicking nonstop. Maybe you should try cutting on your own background noise before you badger Josh's segment for that. Not setting a good example.

Bleh, just whatever. I'm stopping now to prevent future flames. You may have the last word if you'd like.
lol, the background noise I'm referring to is the kind that using a noise removal tool takes out quite easily. And as far as clicking is concerned, it's live, and I'm constantly checking to make sure programs are still functioning properly, and keeping an eye out on what is going on in IRC as well.

I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything, it's just that it seems Josh didn't try to remedy any of these issues. The Tempcast has had noise in the audio, and I do my best to remove it for the mp3 versions for iTunes. We've had issues with people's connections on the Tempcast and we had to unfortunately kick them off(on the lives ones), or do a completely different recording at another time(before we did the live Tempcasts). And Josh's wanting to give me a copy of his bit the day of, that's just far too late. He ended up giving me a copy the night before, moments before I headed to bed.

And this isn't about me having last word, this is about me correcting the false idea you have of me in your head. Josh is still learning, and ignoring the problems is worse than a little criticism. When everyone else heard that segment, it was the first time I had listened to it myself, so my reaction may have come out weird, but the points I mentioned remain. I didn't have time to listen to his segment at any time before airing because of how late he got it to me. Besides, his last segment didn't go anywhere near as bad as this one. It was a little on the long side, but it at least sounded mostly fine.

And to Josh, if you read this(and you probably will), I don't mean anything personal. I only expect as much as you as I would of myself. So don't get discouraged, continue doing the segments. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

So with that, Spikey-super-mega-long-post comes to an end.
tongue.gif

-
SpikeySmiley.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol