Gaming how many gb are all games in total?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke an little question: how many gb are all nds games in total?(this includes all the games that exists!
yaynds.gif

its funny to know!
rolleyes.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
it shouldve been in eof "sigh"

1tb i guess with all country roms

GUESS AGAIN its a whole lot less!

currently and including all languages and all XXXX demo/kiosk roms its just around 110-120gb now.. depending on what compression/archive you have them in (RAR/ZIP/7ZIP) or a combination of both
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, NDS games from 0001 to 4100, zipped into packs of 50 take up 101GB on my hard drive. I don't bother collecting the XXXX releases unless they are good games to begin with.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be super cool to have all NDS games UNRARed on a microSD so you could walk around telling people that you have every single game for NDS.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
The total size is this small? Is it because of the amount of 8mb shovelware?

Well that, and the fact that when they are rar'd, they are compressed to an even smaller file size.

What would be interesting to know would be; if you take away region dupes and stick to only one version of each different game dumped, how many games would that be? (I'd guess the 500-600 range) Say you trimmed them all with NDSTokyoTrim, how much space would that abridged (but technically complete) amount of games take up in space?

THEN you have to remember that each game will need to create a save file. For the sake of sanity, we'll just say 512KB for each save. Now add that to the total space taken up.

One last thing to remember, the nds files you run on the flashcart won't be rar/zipped anymore, even trimmed they could end up being larger than when they were rar/zipped.

Taking all my above points (and whatever other points I left out) into consideration, it would be REALLY INTERESTING to know how much space would be needed for that scenario.

It would be awesome if you could have EVERY DS GAME on one cart, but even at 32GB, I don't think it would be possible. If it was possible to have 64GB microSD's (which it's not), then you might have been able to do it.

Meanwhile, I just ordered a 16GB Class 6 microSD for my CycloDS. While I definitely won't have EVERY game, I most assuredly will have every game I have ever cared about for the DS, be it homebrew, apps, games, funny vids....whatever, it will all be on one card. And I'll still have plenty of space left for checking out new dumps.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1