Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I already read the real AK2i news on the AceKard web site
http://www.acekard.com/news.php#64

My AK2i has window in the shell,and the chip is XILINX not Actel.

When i use AKAIO also receive the "Unsupported Device" message

Is my AK2i is clone?

Does AK2i has more the one chip?Maybe the AK2i has XILINX chip and Actel chip?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ziv said:
I already read the real AK2i news on the AceKard web site
http://www.acekard.com/news.php#64

My AK2i has window in the shell,and the chip is XILINX not Actel.

When i use AKAIO also receive the "Unsupported Device" message

Is my AK2i is clone?

Does AK2i has more the one chip?Maybe the AK2i has XILINX chip and Actel chip?
Where did you get it? It'd be useful to know where the fakes are coming from.

ziv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks for reply.

My AK2i is bought from Taiwan's AceKard reseller.

I already posted my question at the reseller's forum,but the reply says the AK2i might has different chip for XILINX and Actel on the different product period,maybe my AK2i is the real on the different period has XILINX chip.

I don't know which is the correct way to identify the AK2i is fake or real?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Conclusion: 1. The chip on the back of the PCB is "Actel" or little black glue circle. This is very important.

2. The chip on another side of PCB is a 48 pins chip of "SST". Some batches of AK2 used other banners of 48 pins chips. But they're all 48 pins.

3. Please refer to the 2 items above as the main symbol of real AK2 and AK2i because the package of retail had changed many times.
That's from team acekard. So yeah never used the XLINX chip ever.

QUOTEi asked to have this thread stickied because of a recent influx of clone acekards. as you all know the r4i, r4 ultra, and a few others are acekard 2 hardware clones. what you might not know is that someone is putting legit acekard 2i stickers on these kits and reselling them. more than a few people have reported having these kits. right now a great way to tell if you have a clone is to run akaio 1.4.1 on your kit. the 1.4.1 firmware has an anti-clone routine which will block its execution on clones with an "unsupported device" error.

if you see this try the following:
run akaio 1.3
run the official firmware

if both work and akaio 1.4.1 does not, open your kit and take pictures after you verify that it is a clone.
take pictures of the "legit" ak2i sticker as well and any included boxes or packaging
submit those pictures (in an e-mail resolution/size) to [email protected]
include where you purchased the kit, who you bought it from, the web site, the e-mail address, etc.
Still have doubts try this. quoted from another world

ziv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi
I already go to the store and returned purchase.
But one thing is confusing me, the store clerk use another AKAIO 1.4.1 on the microSD card to test the AK2i i returned, i see the AKAIO 1.4.1 and HW44 text in the AK2i system information, then the magical thing is this firmware can run game and not receive "Unsupported Device" message.
The store clerk tell me the microSD card is the manufacturers gived, what is the different of the AKAIO file from gbatemp and the manufacturers gived?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Manufactuers? They would be? AKAIO here is directly from Norm/Smiths/other people part of the team I don't know.
frown.gif
That makes no sense.

ziv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The clerk said AK2i manufacturers gived the firmware, so i just use system information to identify the firmware like i said.
I don't know why the manufacturers of the AK2i can gived another AKAIO 1.4.1, maybe it's another firmware but modified the system information?

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i'd say that points pretty clearly to it being a clone; the clone makers probably supplied some version of AKAIO that they hacked to run on their card, or replaced some file or something (if the clone protection is in the loaders i guess they could have just substituted an older file, which would work, albeit with lower compatibility). was this one of the official taiwan resellers as listed on http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php ? if so you might want to email acekard about this.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio 1.4.1 proper will not run roms on a clone kit. when they put the firmware back on kit did they launch a rom? i would think it would be pretty easy to hex the string that says "official" into "akaio 1.4.1" just to shut you up. the real proof is in rom launching.

your msd cards come preloaded with a firmware? must be nice.

also the second post was made by norm, 1 of 2 devs behind akaio. if he said its a clone, its a clone. he knows the acekard hardware better than anyone. if you have the firmware that the store put on there, 1.4.1 that works, please upload it so norm can take a look at it.

-another world

ziv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
sorry, i already give back this kit, so i can't post picture of the stuff, but i saw a green PCB and XILINX chip, if i didn't open this kit, who knows what is inside moreover the acekard web site only show the Actel chip picture.

when i test the strange firmware from the clerk, i had run the mario kart of the msd card, i can't say anything at the moment.

i forgot the firmware is running acekard or AKAIO theme, when i see AKAIO 1.4.1 text on the system information, i think its AKAIO.

the clerk said the firmware can't spread, so i didn't get the firmware.

more people has the same problem (receive "Unsupported Device" message) and post issue on the reseller's forum (i don't know their kit where purchased), but my post has already delete by the clerk, because i said ok when he asked my opinion, i think i was a fool.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ziv said:
i forgot the firmware is running acekard or AKAIO theme, when i see AKAIO 1.4.1 text on the system information, i think its AKAIO.
It could be an old version of AKAIO, it could be the official firmware with AKAIO theme, it could be a hacked firmware...

ziv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Today i took my micro sd card that AKAIO 1.4.1 installed go to buy a new AK2i not in the reseller.

i see the black PCB and HW81 in the system information, then test my game that can't run on the fake AK2i, its work!!

after this incident i understand that take a firmware on the micro sd to buy kit will save a lot of time.

the point is, black PCB and HW81 have a great opportunity to purchase real AK2i.

slone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually ziv, that is a great idea for future Acekard 2i buyers out there. Any one who wants to buy legit carts nowadays should be prepared by bringing a working micro sd card preloaded with AKAIO. Test out the cart if its legit right there in front of the seller so you won't get shafted when you get home.

Though this would help those who lurks on sites/forums like this, buyers (those without knowledge about this issue) who decides to buy a store sold Acekard 2i on a whim may be duped (damn these clone makers, ditto to those reseller who KNOWS that they are selling cheap Acekard 2i clones). I hope this will be added to the AKAIO wiki (I can't due to my english/grammars is not so great ).

arekku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...
I just got back from otakon (Awesome by the way) and I bought an Acekart, peeled the sticker back and its a Xilinx.
What do i do?
This is bs. I REALLY want this, and the fact that i got scammed is pissing me off. Can anyone help?
Already emailed Acekard about it, maybe they can help...
I can post pictures but not now... Im really tired from the con...

EDIT: With Acekard firmware, I can load SOME roms =/ (Meteos loaded and Guilty gear loaded as well, animal crossing does not, possible rom problem.)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't buy them from cons. It seems that that's where all the fakes come from...wonder if it's always the same people? Anyway, unless you track down the guy who sold it to you, there's not much you can do about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k