Status
Not open for further replies.

smuddge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take it apart. open up the drive. play with the parts sometimes a few of the plastic piece move out of alignment and just need to be put back in place. Now as for jamming it in that wasn't a smart move. could have broken something by doing that.....

yikes..

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Fill up youre bathtub (or 5 gallon bucket or anything that can hold water and a wii will fit into) with some nice hot water, then with the power cord disconnected put ur wii into the hot water. Let it soak for atleast a good 5 minutes, and until all the air bubbles come out, this will soften the inside of the wii drive and allow the disc to pop out. Remove the wii from the water, let it dry for a few minutes (wiping with a towel will speed it up) and youre wii will be perfectly good as new.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You noob.

EVERYONE knows to eject a Wii disk is to stick a fork in the outlet while holding the Wii. It seems to be a small bug that it needs the extra jolt to eject the disk.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
im pretty sure i put the disk in the right way...

Oh yeah, forcefully shoving the disc in like a small child is definitely the right way to do it. I agree with the previous poster, try the fork method.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you print your own labels on the disc?

My friend printed labels on all of his burned games, only to find out that his wii would get jammed trying to accept/eject the disc. It rendered most of his games unplayable.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but the title of this thread is just hilarious... I don't know whether it was just a hard day at work or what the case may be but I saw the title and started busting out laughing.. Aww this made my day..

BTW:
s0nicfreak said:
I had this same problem with a girlfriend once...

COMEDY!!! lol....

Anywho, yeah your best bet will be to open up your Wii (now is a good time to get or take out your TriWing screwdriver if you have one). Are you sure there wasn't a disc in there already?

lmao made it go in the hard way... lmao lmao

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
BillandAlisha said:
You noob.

EVERYONE knows to eject a Wii disk is to stick a fork in the outlet while holding the Wii. It seems to be a small bug that it needs the extra jolt to eject the disk.

I am going to go out on a limb and accuse you of being a troll. This is seriously the worst advice ive heard, not only is it exetremly dangerous as you described, but also doesnt fix the Wii. Trust me the hot water method worked on my Wii when i had this same exact issue.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
BillandAlisha said:
You noob.

I am going to go out on a limb and accuse you of being a troll. This is seriously the worst advice ive heard, not only is it exetremly dangerous as you described, but also doesnt fix the Wii. Trust me the hot water method worked on my Wii when i had this same exact issue.

Me being a Troll?! Nay I say! NAY!

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get a Triwing screwdriver and open your Wii. Remove the upper metal bracket by removing the five screws on it (yellow on image). Now you can remove the disc by hand — try to be careful. If you're good the disc won't be damaged at all, otherwise it will get scratches on the upper side.

Afterwards reassemble the metal part (3 screws on the corners should do it for the moment) and power on the Wii (still having it opened) and let the drive unlock the drive by pressing the eject button. You've done it right, when the upper bracket will liften from the lower part so the plastic piece is loose... as far as I remember it could take you two attemps, since the Wii still "thinks" there's a disc. Shutdown your Wii and slightly liften the screws I coloured red. Go sure not to loosen them to much.

See the blue marked things? If there's no disc in these points should look exactly this way. If they don't move them in the right position. You might need to liften the metal plate again to check the other side of it. There you have to find three filament helix'. Check if they are in place and work. The plastic parts should be in place, as well, anyway.

You may have to try various times until it's fixed. Take your time. Oh and... use a disc you don't care that much of...

Edit: Forgot the image. :/

Click to enlarge

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Fill up youre bathtub (or 5 gallon bucket or anything that can hold water and a wii will fit into) with some nice hot water, then with the power cord disconnected put ur wii into the hot water. Let it soak for atleast a good 5 minutes, and until all the air bubbles come out, this will soften the inside of the wii drive and allow the disc to pop out. Remove the wii from the water, let it dry for a few minutes (wiping with a towel will speed it up) and youre wii will be perfectly good as new.

This isn't funny. I had a friend who used to dunk the ends of his NES cartridges into soapy water in the sink when blowing them didn't work anymore. All of his cartridges smelled like ass breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol