Wii wont take game disk in

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 2yugimoto, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2009

Wii wont take game disk in by 2yugimoto at 5:50 PM (7,337 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. 2yugimoto
    OP

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wii wont take game disk in,so i made it go in the hard way...
    it only went in half way and then i shoved it in...
    now it wont eject and im pretty sure i put the disk in the right way...

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you got a drive chip fitted as I think Wiikey can cause drive to do that. Well, forcing it in was just damn stupid!

3. smuddge

Newcomer smuddge Advanced Member

United States
    take it apart. open up the drive. play with the parts sometimes a few of the plastic piece move out of alignment and just need to be put back in place. Now as for jamming it in that wasn't a smart move. could have broken something by doing that.....

yikes..

4. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Fill up youre bathtub (or 5 gallon bucket or anything that can hold water and a wii will fit into) with some nice hot water, then with the power cord disconnected put ur wii into the hot water. Let it soak for atleast a good 5 minutes, and until all the air bubbles come out, this will soften the inside of the wii drive and allow the disc to pop out. Remove the wii from the water, let it dry for a few minutes (wiping with a towel will speed it up) and youre wii will be perfectly good as new.

5. s0nicfreak

Newcomer s0nicfreak Member

United States
    I had this same problem with a girlfriend once...

6. BillandAlisha

Member BillandAlisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You noob.

EVERYONE knows to eject a Wii disk is to stick a fork in the outlet while holding the Wii. It seems to be a small bug that it needs the extra jolt to eject the disk.

7. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    Oh yeah, forcefully shoving the disc in like a small child is definitely the right way to do it. I agree with the previous poster, try the fork method.

8. ClockWorK

Member ClockWorK GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you print your own labels on the disc?

My friend printed labels on all of his burned games, only to find out that his wii would get jammed trying to accept/eject the disc. It rendered most of his games unplayable.

9. ILLPLEASA

Newcomer ILLPLEASA Member

United States
    I'm sorry but the title of this thread is just hilarious... I don't know whether it was just a hard day at work or what the case may be but I saw the title and started busting out laughing.. Aww this made my day..

BTW:
    COMEDY!!! lol....

Anywho, yeah your best bet will be to open up your Wii (now is a good time to get or take out your TriWing screwdriver if you have one). Are you sure there wasn't a disc in there already?

lmao made it go in the hard way... lmao lmao

10. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States

I am going to go out on a limb and accuse you of being a troll. This is seriously the worst advice ive heard, not only is it exetremly dangerous as you described, but also doesnt fix the Wii. Trust me the hot water method worked on my Wii when i had this same exact issue.

11. JohnnyCheeks

Member JohnnyCheeks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thread is full of fail. AREN'T YOU ALL AWARE THAT MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!?!?

12. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    This thread should be closed.... Guy came for advice everyone just says bs; Either send your Wii to Nintendo or open it, your choice.

13. BillandAlisha

United States
    Me being a Troll?! Nay I say! NAY!

14. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Get a Triwing screwdriver and open your Wii. Remove the upper metal bracket by removing the five screws on it (yellow on image). Now you can remove the disc by hand — try to be careful. If you're good the disc won't be damaged at all, otherwise it will get scratches on the upper side.

Afterwards reassemble the metal part (3 screws on the corners should do it for the moment) and power on the Wii (still having it opened) and let the drive unlock the drive by pressing the eject button. You've done it right, when the upper bracket will liften from the lower part so the plastic piece is loose... as far as I remember it could take you two attemps, since the Wii still "thinks" there's a disc. Shutdown your Wii and slightly liften the screws I coloured red. Go sure not to loosen them to much.

See the blue marked things? If there's no disc in these points should look exactly this way. If they don't move them in the right position. You might need to liften the metal plate again to check the other side of it. There you have to find three filament helix'. Check if they are in place and work. The plastic parts should be in place, as well, anyway.

You may have to try various times until it's fixed. Take your time. Oh and... use a disc you don't care that much of...

Edit: Forgot the image. :/
    [​IMG]
    Click to enlarge

15. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    why the hell would you force the disc in?

anyway, yeah, either disassemble the wii (easy as hell) or send it into nintendo.

16. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Stick the wii in the microwave for 15 seconds.

Makes the disc eject everytime.

17. BillandAlisha

United States
    Or drop your Wii off at building at least 10 stories high. That will eject your disc for sure.

18. dole

Newcomer dole Advanced Member

United States
    This isn't funny. I had a friend who used to dunk the ends of his NES cartridges into soapy water in the sink when blowing them didn't work anymore. All of his cartridges smelled like ass breath.

19. BillandAlisha

United States
    WILL SOMEONE close this thread! I am FIGHTING myself not to put anymore stupid ideas on here.

PLEASE!

20. 2yugimoto
    OP

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i know i put this stupid thread but maby i should just throw it into a tank of angry chinese men fighting for a donut , maby that will get it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.