Hacking Utilmate USB Loader Hangs on PIKMIN 2 PAL > NTSC

zubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The loader simply hangs in green screen when loading PIKMIN 2 PAL with NTSC video (System Default : NTSC-U) output configured.

any solution?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zubber said:
The loader simply hangs in green screen when loading PIKMIN 2 PAL with NTSC video (System Default : NTSC-U) output configured.

any solution?

This is because Pikmin 2 (along with Little King's Story, and apparently several other new games) doesn't have NTSC video code on the disc. The vast majority of older games had both PAL and NTSC included, so there was no problem forcing it. Unfortunately, you can't force a mode that doesn't exist. Your two options are 1: play on an HDtv (many will accept PAL input... mine does for most games, but it doesn't like Little King's format... dunno about Pikmin 2 yet), and 2: wait for the NTSC release.

zubber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks.

your reply IS the answer! no wonder, i did everything i could. both my TVs are still analog, love the color on them actually. plan to get a plasma (personally prefer plasma over lcd) on thanksgiving, will definitely check if they support multisystem( ntsc, pal, etc)

so, at the moment, the only option is to wait. either for a ntsc ver of pikmin2 or a new plasma.

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since that last statement about the NTSC code. Would it then be possible to inject NTSC code onto a ".ISO" of Pikmin 2 or even LKS? Or into the disc structure, possibly off of another source with NTSC code written so that it might "trick" it into working?

Btw, I'm new here! Hi to everyone. Gratefully I'm not too concerned about it, and I can wait for the true NTSC-U rls' but this question I have came up. :) TIA!

And, I hope I haven't violated the UA here. :) I didn't mean to if I did.

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:

Be sure to wipe.
smile.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tujiro said:
Since that last statement about the NTSC code. Would it then be possible to inject NTSC code onto a ".ISO" of Pikmin 2 or even LKS? Or into the disc structure, possibly off of another source with NTSC code written so that it might "trick" it into working?

Btw, I'm new here! Hi to everyone. Gratefully I'm not too concerned about it, and I can wait for the true NTSC-U rls' but this question I have came up.
smile.gif
TIA!

And, I hope I haven't violated the UA here.
smile.gif
I didn't mean to if I did.

Nope.

It may be possible if you could acquire the sourcecode of the game from the developer/publisher, but I think we know the likelihood of that actually ever happening
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf