Hacking Help! Error 204036

Supa_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
My brother and I share a Wii together. While I've been using the homebrew channel for the region changer, he was using it for installing some wiiware wads. I've just updated the wii to 4.0 and logged onto the wii shop channel to download World of Goo and Tetris Party. The only problem is that even though I've been charged for them, I keep getting error 204036. Keep in mind that my bro has installed these games thru the wad installer. Is there any way to be able to download them given that I've paid for them?

I was thinking of formatting the wii memory. would that help? and do i need to move all the channels (including weather channel) and save data to my SD card?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Supa_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Commadore64 said:
This article shows formatting the memory did fix the issue

I've got a few questions for you tho:

1- Will I lose stuff like the Photo Channel, Mii channel, weather and news channel?
2- Will I lose all the purchased games on the Wii shop channel?
3- Would I be able to transfer the save data from the SD card back to the wii?

Raj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering the same, actually I tested out the same games, upgraded to 4.0, brought them and get the same error code. Formatting means that we'll lose:

- HBC and DVDx
- Mii's (unless we backup with the Mii installer and extractor)
- Wifi game saves which we can't transfer (e.g. Mario Kart Wii)

I read that when you format you have the option of keeping the same shop channel account which means you won't lose your games?

Would it be worth waiting to see if 4.0 gets hacked, and if so use Wad Manager to uninstall them properly before trying to download from the shop channel again?

Raj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An update:

I tried downloading straight to the SD card instead of the Wii memory and it works fine now. I can move the games to the Wii after, or load it straight from the SD card, and they both work.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having the same problem. After 'testing' Toki Tori I decided to buy it but I keep getting the 204036 error code. I can't download it to SD card either. Downloading other games works just fine, I downloaded Majora's Mask to SD and some SNES titles to the Wii for testing (so the memory itself is fine).

Any other people with this problem or are we the only idiots who decide to buy after trying ;-)

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Formatting removes:
All installed channels and savegames. (This excludes systemchannels like photo channel, shop channel, mii channel,weather channel and news channel)
All miis, back them up to your remote
wink.gif

Your wii number (you'll get a new one)
Your settings

What isn't removed:
A small file that holds your shop account which includes details about games you downloaded using it. So you can freely redownload them.
Anything that is required for your Wii to function: system channels, disc channel, installed IOSes (including custom ones)

If you used Nintendo's update to update to 4.0 then DO NOT format, it will remove the HBC without you allowing to reïnstall it.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I already decided I was not going to format (there is no way I'm giving up homebrew or the USB-loader)

Good to know what exactly is and isn't erased when you format the memory, thanks.

givemesomewiistu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error code 204036 is basically the wii detecting you already have the application, and the shop channel is conflicting with your wii whether or not you have the game or addon content. My problem was I installed MegaMan 9 and its DLC through wadmanager. I deleted MegaMan 9's DLC data from data management cuz i didn't think i was ever going to play that game again. Later I went in to MegaMan 9 and saw that I tricked the game into thinking i actually bought the DLC and it would let me DL it again free of charge. I tried and it gave me error code 204036...hmmm....so after spending 10 minutes thinking what could be wrong, I went into anytitledeleter and deleted anything relating to MegaMan 9, then when i went back into the DLC on MegaMan 9, it showed that i hadnt purchased it and i downloaded the cheapest thing, it let me download it.

So you need to delete all trace of your game in anytitledeleter, or you could pay for it, and install with wad manager, its the same thing and its legal, or you could just do nothing and keep the wad manager one you have

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
New to forumming, eh?

A bit of advice: think twice before posting in threads that are over a month old. Even if you've got something to contribute, like you do.

The info may have helped Supah a year ago...but I think we both know how unlikely it is that he still has that problem today (or even read it...people come and go on fora).

Still...thanks anyway.
smile.gif

menry12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
A bit of advice: think twice before posting in threads that are over a month old. Even if you've got something to contribute, like you do.
The info may have helped Supah a year ago...but I think we both know how unlikely it is that he still has that problem today (or even read it...people come and go on fora).

A bit of bad advice, more like. Who cares about the original poster?

givemesomewiistu's comment is a huge help for the next person to come along and find this thread via google (like me).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...