Hacking How to Brick Proof Wii Console 3.3v1 Tutorial & Installer

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
hey all welcome to best of both worlds 3.3v1 & 3.2 at the same time.

many of you have an issue with Banner Bricks and installing bad wads from untrusted sources .

and some are afraid from new updates , this channel working and this doesn't , oooops

my Wii is bricked or semi-bricked how ever, after many trials and errors and recovering from

a semi-bricked twice I Big Moe Present the (Best Of Both Worlds) that will guide you through a full

install from scratch with 3.3U/E-v1 to 3.2U/E with Wiishop Channel working and 3.3 Ios Benefits and

Starfall Recovery Menu Benefits with no update harms or messages or even needs .

IMPORTANT : THIS IS FOR WII WITH 3.3U/E-v1 ONLY IT WILL NOT WORK ON 3.3U/E-v2 OR 3.4U/E SO PLEASE

BEWARE , AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED .!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR WII!! USE

AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Installation :

1- double click the installer and choose desktop then finish . you will have two folder's on

your desktop :

A - Homebrew Channel Full Installation to help you set up TPH and HBC .

(note: be sure to update your HBC to HBC9 before you continue with the other steps)

B - Big Moe's Installer .

2- after done with step 1 and 1-A , copy the all files from Big Moe's Installer to the root

of your SD card and put it in your Wii 3.3U/E-v1 .

3- go to HBC and run (1 - ios51installer) install it and reboot .

4- go to HBC and run (2 - wiishopinstaller) install it and reboot .

5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade . after restart go to settings and look at the top

right corner to confirm that your Wii is running 3.2U/E . ( note: don't use ios downgrader v1.0

after or before this step to keep the benefits of 3.3 IOSs and IOS51 and Wiishop
smile.gif
... )

6- go to HBC and run (4 - starfallv0.5-cred) be sure to press B+1 at the same time it should take

a few times before success so don't worry , then be sure to click A for each option to change

it to ( install ) and when done press 1 should take a short time til it's done then press A to

go back to Wii menu .(note : to check if Starfall installed right just reboot your system and

you will not see the warning screen and it should go to Wii menu
smile.gif
.... )

7- go to HBC and run (5 - cIOS_Installer Gamma) this will get Cios249 installed for BL0.3G .

8- go to HBC and run (6 - Wad Manager V1.3) and install (v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel)
by pressing the + sign when it's highlighted , then Home to Exit . and you are done CONGRATS you did it
smile.gif

and now if you go to Wiishop it will work like a charm with no problems .

and you can run the backup game to test your system and it should run fine .

and you have starfall installed so incase you installed a bad WAD or Banner Bricked you can

recover by : a - having Wad Manager V1.3 boot.dol in the root of your SD card ( already

included , you see it in the root of SD card )

b - original Zelda game disc in the drive of your Wii .

c - GC controller connected to port 1 on your Wii .

d - hold the Y button on the GC controller and power your Wii keep holding Y till

see Zelda starting and from the save load screen choose the TPH and run it by

talking to the man from the game , then crash and codes will run then you will

have Wad Manager V1.3 menu screen and that's the proof of success .

and you are a brick-proof player from banner brick and bad Wads all 3.3 channels

runs fine with full operation of homebrew and Starfall protection .

regards and thanks to :

Waninkoko , Wiigator , Team Twiizers , Tona , Frontier , Nitrotux , Crediar.

shout out to my Bros :

Noobwarrior7 , Djtaz , Djdynamite123 , Forsaekn , Requiem4d , EmperorOfCanada , Wiigee , Tichinde925 ,

Feanta , and Marby .

thanks to all and good luck

Big Moe

11/25/08

The Link To Download Big Moe's Installer will Be Up Soon or send me a PM
wink.gif

Enjoy

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Moe. Looks good but does this do anything that the Pir8 method doesnt? I can see you have repackaged it all and Im not meaning to piss on what youve done but I dont need this downgrade so I cant see how it works. ^^

Thanks for the shout out though and I think this is great. ;D

Actually I stopped being lazy and read over what youve done step by step. looks pretty good but you need to fix a couple formatting errors, "8- go to HBC and run (6 - Wad Manager V1.3) and install (v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel)" looks like the color tags got messed up
smile.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
this one is for people who want's to keep 3.3v1 IOSs active by only downgrading the System Firmware to 3.2 so they can install starfall to get the recovery menu incase the system brick but still have Wiishop channel working and benefit like IOS51 , Full Brick Proof
smile.gif

and this had nothing to do with a_running_pir8 method .

You welcome bro

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a nice post.

one question....doesn't "downgrading" reinstall the old shop channel, so that installer (just for the channel itself) would need to be run again AFTER downgrading? I never use cIOS Downgrader, so I'm really asking.

anyways, can never say this stuff too much it seems.

Ps:....who's "Frontier"?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
a nice post.

one question....doesn't "downgrading" reinstall the old shop channel, so that installer (just for the channel itself) would need to be run again AFTER downgrading? I never use cIOS Downgrader, so I'm really asking.

anyways, can never say this stuff too much it seems.

Ps:....who's "Frontier"?
thanks , the Wiishop Channel Doesn't get Downgraded this Way Cause it's not part of the Downgraded files so you don't have to run it again and that part of the whole deal
wink.gif

by the Frontier made the libpng for the Cios Downgrader
wink.gif

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Ozz465 said:
had me happy as f instill i saw u needed net access
smile.gif
. either way gj.
thanks , net access for the downgrader only , the cios249 have all needed files in the installer
smile.gif
either way ill dl and keep the installer till i get net access on my wii as its 3.3. thx

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Ozz465 said:
BIG MOE said:
Ozz465 said:
had me happy as f instill i saw u needed net access
smile.gif
. either way gj.
thanks , net access for the downgrader only , the cios249 have all needed files in the installer
smile.gif
either way ill dl and keep the installer till i get net access on my wii as its 3.3. thx
you welcome , for any further help please tell me
wink.gif

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Topic title confused me, I thought someone found a starfall-like solution for 3.3v1, but i don't want starfall enough to downgrade. (...i've grown attached to 3.3v1)

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha i kept reading it but i thought if you press 1 it was to not accept...thanks, i feel dumb now lol..

edit: success! no more stupid BGM
smile.gif
thanks big moe, i only used your downgrader and starfall, i tried to use a downgrader before but it didnt work for some reason, or it failed to download everything, your post made me want starfall again

and thanks again emperorofcandada
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EmperorOfCanada said:
Yup. reread the disclaimer. Its supposed to be B+1 =p
already fixed thanks EmperorOfCanada , when I did it I thought that I was wrong when Pressed B+1 , thanks for the catch bro
wink.gif

Niktout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
at step 5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade

Whenever i try to downgrade to 3.2E or 3.1E i keep getting ERROR! (ret = -1035)
Any idea to fix this ?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Niktout said:
at step 5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade

Whenever i try to downgrade to 3.2E or 3.1E i keep getting ERROR! (ret = -1035)
Any idea to fix this ?

You could try a downgrade using my guide. Link is in my sig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: