shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I have a pal wii 3.2e with a wiikey.
I also have the hbc beta 9 working perfectly.
I tried to go to the wii shop but it says an update is required.
I dont buy items from the wii shop but in December will purchase the mic for wii speak.
I know wii speak has to be downloaded from the wii shop.
I see there is a ios50 which also gives the 3.4 update but does not change the wii from 3.2 should i try this?
Or should i just wait for a wad file of the wii speak channel whcih might not happen.
Im a real noob with ios files so please be nice and straight to the point.

Cheers

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
install the IOS50 file, and your Shop Channel will work agian. You will still be on 3.2e.

If you accidently upgrade to 3.4, and you have the Homebrew Channel already installed, you can run the Custom IOS Downgrader to go back to 3.2, and still have the Shop Channel updated (I did this today, so I know it still works).

I was on 3.3a with the Shop channel fix, but I wanted Starfall, so downgraded to 3.2, went into my Shop channel, and was allowed in.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
install the IOS50 file, and your Shop Channel will work agian. You will still be on 3.2e.

If you accidently upgrade to 3.4, and you have the Homebrew Channel already installed, you can run the Custom IOS Downgrader to go back to 3.2, and still have the Shop Channel updated (I did this today, so I know it still works).

I was on 3.3a with the Shop channel fix, but I wanted Starfall, so downgraded to 3.2, went into my Shop channel, and was allowed in.
Wait, what? IOS50? Don't you mean IOS51? To access the Shop Channel nowadays you need the latest version of the Shop Channel, and IOS51. There are installers for just these components here.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my bad... NoDoze is a hellofa drug... just say NO kids...

but yea, install IOS51... that's the shop channel fix... link is on the site nanika posted...

nanika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shanefromoz said:
ios50 is newer then ios51 correct?
Check this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116570.
It allows you to grab the features of 3.4 but stay on your current firmware.

Cheers
Yes, IOS50 is newer than IOS51. However, different channels on Wiis have different IOS dependancies.

Installing IOS50 by itself will not give you any of the 3.4 benefits without something that uses IOS50, of which there only happens to be one thing, System Menu 3.4 (which also breaks most homebrew by this combination)Oops, seems there is another. Yes, that patched System Menu 3.4 should give you the 3.4 benefits.Oops, sorry, that's just saying that there is a patched 3.4 being worked on. Seems that that installer won't give you any benefits other than Mii Channel keyboard support.

The new version of the Shop Channel depends not on IOS50 but on IOS51, if you try to load it without IOS51 it will just reboot your Wii.

nanika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shanefromoz said:
Ok so i should install ios51 then ios50?
Will that way work fine?

Cheers
Either way would work fine
smile.gif
, but you still need to install the new Shop Channel, not just IOSes.

The point I was trying to make was that if you just want the Shop Channel, you do not need IOS50 at all.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I just copy the noob pack files to the apps section on the SD card and boot them in HBC? I assume you have to boot the IOS installer first, before you install the channel...

*crosses fingers*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k