Gaming My Japanese Coach... help me already....

acks45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I uploaded a save file of my japanese coach at level 37, you can find it here :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3585

so lets get on this already. i dont understand, how hard could it be for us to just multiple choice or flashcard are way through this thing.... (man 37 lessons of multiple choice is trying my patience.)
hate2.gif

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the save, i lost interest on lesson 7 since i already knew everything before playing. Maybe this will actually help me learn something new.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The essence of Japanese Coach is to teach you, read again, TEACH you, through lots of training. If you don't want it that way, stop playing, you can't cheat a learning process and you shouldn'tm since you won't get anything that way

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL... its funny how you gave your brain a nice capital 'I' for 'It'

Anyways... is this game any good though? I was thinking of getting it.. but if its enough to kill the brain of Curley then maybe I shouldn't be trying.

acks45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
The essence of Japanese Coach is to teach you, read again, TEACH you, through lots of training. If you don't want it that way, stop playing, you can't cheat a learning process and you shouldn'tm since you won't get anything that way

yeah but a lot of this stuff is too simple. i mean i have been slugging through it in hopes that each lesson teaches me asomething new. if i wanted it to be purely as a vocab builder i would want it to have a lots of words unlocked... hence this project hajimeru. I am at the level were learning kanji would be a good thing and its so hard to do each lesson knowing that i need at least another 15 or 20 lessons.... someone else might feel the same way:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110879&st=15
Zzzzzilla wrote:
QUOTEI sure hope someone who unlocks all the lessons will post a save file. I just want to see the extent this title goes to, but can't stand having to repeat a game 5 times in a row just to get to unlock the next lesson.
I mean, they'll let me skip the first 10 lessons, but not any thereafter no matter how well I do? Serious oversight (in all the Coach games, I believe).

once you have words unlocked, its easy to use flash cards or anyother game in this cartridge( and you can even control how it advances through kanji and kana through the preferences) as vocab and general skill builder.

not that i disagree with what your saying... just, for those of us who know more than ”??????????”?its good to be able to skip farther ahead than lesson 11.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
acks45 said:
Raestloz said:

yeah but a lot of this stuff is too simple. i mean i have been slugging through it in hopes that each lesson teaches me asomething new. if i wanted it to be purely as a vocab builder i would want it to have a lots of words unlocked... hence this project hajimeru. I am at the level were learning kanji would be a good thing and its so hard to do each lesson knowing that i need at least another 15 or 20 lessons.... someone else might feel the same way:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110879&st=15

not that i disagree with what your saying... just, for those of us who know more than ”??????????”?its good to be able to skip farther ahead than lesson 11.

I see your point too, but really, what can you expect from an NDS game? There's a reason why there are professional translators available for hiring, learning Japanese is not THAT easy and an NDS game won't let you go far, as kikuchiyo said:
QUOTE(kikuchiyo @ Oct 12 2008, 11:43 AM)
And a third grade or even second grade "child" knows way more than this game can teach.
see what I mean here
Surely, you can't ask more than the basic of the basic from this game?

That's why I don't recommend you to publicly upload your save file which might tempt casual players (who's not that willing to learn Japanese) to quickly unlock everything and skim through the pages, and leave the game alone, as it beats the purpose of the game, to teach...

But, no matter what I say, what's done is done, the save file is already here, what more can I say? Let's just say we have agreed in a peace treaty and let the past pass by

acks45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dont get me wrong, i know what your talking about, but the people who would do that (pick it up and drop it like a two year old) are the kind of people who who aren't trying to learn anything anyway. if they were semi serious about using this as a learning tool they wouldnt feel tempted, or they would know enough that this would be a learning tool not a "gee i hope i can talk the nihon-go after this" type.

at anyrate. i know i slugged through 37 lessons in hopes of getting to the beginners kanji and right now its hard for me to keep trying.
QUOTE said:
That's why I don't recommend you to publicly upload your save file which might tempt casual players (who's not that willing to learn Japanese) to quickly unlock everything and skim through the pages, and leave the game alone, as it beats the purpose of the game, to teach...
its not just to teach though, for a lot of us its more of a vocabulary expander. which it can be pretty handy at. just, i dont want to mess around with all these lessons.

at anyrate its there and i will update it for while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...