Gaming New unflashable PSP firmware?

Ikz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my first PSP (slim), the pro duo stick, and the datel tool battery. Guess what I'm trying to do?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm planning on following one of these great FAQs step by step. Probably this one:

http://www.lengoldenstein.com/2008/07/06/h...sp-slim-step-3/

But something worries me; people are talking about new unflashable PSPs?

Look at one of the comments on that page:

TellusE says:
August 12th, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Hey. Thanks a LOT for the tut. Among the many out there this one at least gave me an option without an already hacked PSP and with a great sense of security :-) Allow me to jot down some notes about this past week as I attempted to hack the PSP. I think having some pre-researched material in one place might help more people without success on the first run. I know it’s quite a lump of information, but I’d personally prefer this lump to searching several sites on the web for proper information and ending up going in circles.

Try, as best is possible, to determine the version of PSP in use. All phats are, as I understand, easy as pie to hack. Slims come in tougher and tougher varieties, and for most part I thought I had ended up with one of the new with a TA-88v3 motherboard (so far unhackable). Dark Alex (the man behind the CFW used here) notes in his blog a few pointers regarding this. It’s just good to know where you stand before trying to hack it. I was desperately seeking alternate solutions to my fictitious mobo problem until this post emerged. Backtracking, I figured my PSP could at latest have been a TA-88v2 (I had 3.90 installed at purchase). If you have a TA-88v3 you might as well postpone any attempts till Dark Alex (or someone else) manages to hack it. The two other TA-88 models are incompatible with the TimeMachine IPL used in PSP Grader (the one recommended here). You could try your luck with PSP Pandora Deluxe v3. It incorporates Dark Alek’ newest version of DC, which fixes problems experienced on the TA-88 line of mobos (TimeMachine uses code from firmware versions 1.50 and 3.60, both of which are unsupported on the new PSP CPU). Although PSP Pandora Deluxe warns against the package’s use on a non-hacked PSP, I consider it an alternative parrallel to PSP Grader and should work in much the same way. I can’t confirm this, it’s simply an assumption based on the two programs’ similar way of working.

Can someone a lot smarter than me decipher this? The post's from today, and this is gonna be a brand spanking new PSP. I kind of want to know if there's even a chance that PSP Grader / Tool Battery won't work for me first try.

Ikz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are the chances that one I bought online is going to have the new motherboard? I dunno how recent these outbreaks are.

I still don't really get how a tool battery could just not work on a new motherboard. Does that imply that even sony technicians can't boot service mode with that method anymore?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a GoW, and I got 4.01 m33-2 on it. That was the day it came out.
My brother got a new Slim after his old phat keep freezing and bricking randomly. And he got it like one Sunday. So it should be working. His came with 4.05 and he on CFW now. So it was new. Don't worry, you probably have a 1/10000 you could get it. Don't worry.
And I heard the Datel Tool Battery wasn't that good, but I never used it, my brother got a phat pandora battery from a cousin.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
And I heard the Datel Tool Battery wasn't that good, but I never used it
I used a Datel Tool battery on a PSP Fat and a v2 PSP Slim no problem.

My nieces friend just bought a PSP Slim from Walmart on July 26 and it came with FW 3.80 and was a v2 just buy one from a Walmart in the Boondocks
laugh.gif

IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a slim this weekend... are there any older models I should look for? The new slim I plan to buy is going to be a core, is that where the new, incompatible models are? Or do I have to buy something like the Daxter bundle to get an older PSP?

pepsibluehawk87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IHN02 said:
I'm getting a slim this weekend... are there any older models I should look for? The new slim I plan to buy is going to be a core, is that where the new, incompatible models are? Or do I have to buy something like the Daxter bundle to get an older PSP?

You should be fine with a core pack.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am guessing the new Madden VP is going to have the new mobo? Which is a shame, I am still considering selling my CFW GoW to pick up one of those.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a relatively new PSP Slim (silver, Daxter pack) and I'm terrified of all this new unhackable motherboard crap. I am so scared that mine will break or something, and that I'll have to buy a new one and be stuck with an unhackable psp. Do you guys think there is a chance Dark Alex or somebody will eventually crack the new psp's, or is it just impossible? I am soooo worried

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony needs a way to be able to get into the boot menu of the system to fix/repair them, it's easier to have a Pandora/Tool battery, but supposedly the new mobos won't support this. That means the method will be different. I have a sneaking suspicion that DA works for Sony or for a company that closely works under Sony, and therefore has a bit of some insider knowledge to know this stuff way before it comes out. So yes, more than likely the Pandora method will not work to flash new PSPs. But, that moment hasn't arrived YET, and it just means it'll take some group a bit longer to find a different work around. Sony still needs to service them, it will just take some time to figure out how, and then use an exploit.

ElChupaNibre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, if I was to randomly order a PSP from ebay, what's the likelihood of it being a TA-088v3? From what I hear they're not very common at the moment, I reckon I shouldn't have any problems...

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
only VERY NEW psp slims will have ta-088v3
and it will come with 4.01 FW+

also
madden blue psp slim have 3.95 so they ARE hackable

if you buy a NEW psp Slim and it has 4.01 from the SEALED BOX
then IT CANT BE HACKED(YET)

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
you can through a downgrade, then upgrade, then downgrade through lumines - however not worth it as can only fit a couple of roms on most memory cards!!!

psp sucks bad anyhow!

Posts merged

you can through a downgrade, then upgrade, then downgrade through lumines - however not worth it as can only fit a couple of roms on most memory cards!!!

psp sucks bad anyhow!

ElChupaNibre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so 4.01+ firmware = non-hackable PSP.

Anything below will be fine, right? Is there anyway to check the firmware of the PSP on the packaging?

I want the Matt Bronze Value Pack by the way, which was released in April, and I'm guessing most of the ebay sellers are still trying to get rid of old stock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4