Apple iPhone 4 JB Issues.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a iPhone 4 from AT&T, and I want to JailBreak it. I'm using the latest build of greenpois0n, and I'm following all the steps correctly. But when I start up greenpois0n it has two CMD windows saying "Error The process iTunes.exe could not be found", and the same thing pops up for iTunes helper.exe. greenpois0n still works, but it stops when I press the Jailbreak button. The loading bar never loads.

Any help? I've reinstalled iTunes, and I've restored my iPhone 5 times now. -_-

Thanks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
I just recently bought a iPhone 4 from AT&T, and I want to JailBreak it. I'm using the latest build of greenpois0n, and I'm following all the steps correctly. But when I start up greenpois0n it has two CMD windows saying "Error The process iTunes.exe could not be found", and the same thing pops up for iTunes helper.exe. greenpois0n still works, but it stops when I press the Jailbreak button. The loading bar never loads.

Thanks.

Did you try limera1n ? It is easier than greenpois0n and quicker.
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
GreenPois0n deliberately tries to end those 2 processes before it starts so that iTunes won't come up when you plug your iPhone in.
I assume you only got this iphone recently, if it was only today and you've only installed iTunes today I suggest rebooting to let the Windows Registry catch up to you. Only other thing I can think of is to run as administrator if you're not already.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
RoxasIsSora said:

Thanks.

smile.gif
Its not. It requires exactly the same steps and will not jailbreak 4.2.1.

Were you running greenpois0n on an account with admin privileges? It might need those to go about ending processes....

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
RockmanForte said:
RoxasIsSora said:

Thanks.

smile.gif
Its not. It requires exactly the same steps and will not jailbreak 4.2.1.

Were you running greenpois0n on an account with admin privileges? It might need those to go about ending processes....

Yup, I even made a new admin account just to be sure. Nothing. It doesn't require the 2.4.1 update to be downloaded to the PC right? Like before the only issue I have was it not doing anything when I pressed Jailbreak. I left it alone for a while, nothing. In the videos I've seen it's supposed to JB it pretty fast?

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, pretty fast.
I'll assume you're at latest firmware, latest baseband, latest everything. It shouldn't require a 4.2.1 downloaded update BUT it needs an internet connection to download all the files. Add it into your firewall exceptions if its not there already. Other things would be to right click and choose run as and choose administrator (should be named as such)

Only other option would be that Apple have finally patched the hole but that would've been publicised to hell....

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Yep, pretty fast.
I'll assume you're at latest firmware, latest baseband, latest everything. It shouldn't require a 4.2.1 downloaded update BUT it needs an internet connection to download all the files. Add it into your firewall exceptions if its not there already. Other things would be to right click and choose run as and choose administrator (should be named as such)

Only other option would be that Apple have finally patched the hole but that would've been publicised to hell....

I'm at the latest firmware for the iPhone, iTunes, and greenpois0n.

I have a pretty fast internet connection.

I haven't touched the FireWall, what do I do?

I've tried that as well.

(Thanks for all your help BTW.)

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
What firewall do you use? You have to go into its settings and find the program exceptions. Manually add GreenPois0n and give it full internet access. This is different for every firewall so it'll take a bit.
No idea why its giving you those "cannot find iTunes" glitches but it shouldn't affect the JB while no internet access would.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
What firewall do you use? You have to go into its settings and find the program exceptions. Manually add GreenPois0n and give it full internet access. This is different for every firewall so it'll take a bit.
No idea why its giving you those "cannot find iTunes" glitches but it shouldn't affect the JB while no internet access would.

Windows Firewall. I fixed the glitch. When you have a iDevice connected iTunes is supposed to pop up. Greenpois0n stops the iTunes process. It giving me the error, is it saying that iTunes hasn't started. I just manually started iTunes, and the errors didn't pop up. I'm not home yet, but I'm gonna try the Firewall exception.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. But don't dread waiting for months in agony; redsn0w for 4.2.1 should be available shortly after "feedface" (4.2.1 untethered exploit) becomes open source.
smile.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAHOOOOO! I got it working. I logged into my Admin account, and pressed run as admin. xD I thought if I was already logged in as a admin it would work. I have a question though.

1. I've heard of people bricking. What is that? Is it similar to a Wii Bricking? Can I install a "preloader"?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is almost no way to brick an iOS device, since the part that loads DFU in the software initializes before the firmware. I think it's even part of the bootrom, so it can't be changed either. So if you got any problem with your device, you can fallback and restore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yes hope u both feel better.