Modify and Re-sign Wii isos

  • Thread starter Thread starter masud
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 423,154
  • Replies Replies 928
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, didn't got it?!
What happened with Mario Strikers?
ohmy.gif
.
 
I guess it would be useful to take out the warning when you start a game...
 
One thing I don't like about this is you know there will be a lot of poor sports who will use this to cheat online.

Relys, bushing and segher are the ones responsible for the trucha signer, what are you talking about?


It sounded like they found out how to do this months ago and just recently some guy (The author of Trucha Signer) recreated what they did and released it to the public... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks to everyone that helped in the release of Trucha Signer. That would be my point.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about cheating in online too. It won't really effect me, because I usually only play with friends.





hehe yeah this is from the nfo
QUOTE
Credits goes to the original team that show this hack in
the 24th Chaos Communication Congress: bushing, segher and
tmbinc
it's possible thanks to them
smile.gif
 
I did a partial test of my anti-double-channel-idea.
I patched MP3, burned it und it booted fine - the catch is that I already
updated with that game...

Another problem might be the way truchasigner patches the ISO.
After replacing the original __update.inf with my patched smaller one
I extracted the patched file again: The file size was unchanged (I mean
it was size of the unpatched file), the file's contents was changed but the
"end" was the end of the unpatched file.
So if the Wii's update mechanism respects the count in the file's header
there is no problem otherwise the Wii will still update alle channels etc.

EDIT: The No-Modchip-Question (again...)
There are two parts that prevent us from running code from a DVD on the Wii:

1.) The dvd drive checks wether the disc is a pressed one.
This can be bypassed by pressing your own discs *cough* or with a drive chip (modchip).

2.) Original game discs are encrypted (original refers in this case to original content
- weather the discs physically are a backup or original doesn't matter). Since all discs
are encrypted the Wii only accepts discs that are properly encrypted.

So what the trucha signer does, is to patch a modified ISO to appear to the Wii
to be encrypted correctly (in fact they are not - the programm uses a bug).

So our conclusion is: This tool has nothing to do with non-modchip-backups!
 
If someone could explain how the smg protection works that would be kl, would removing the protection simplt make the usa version work on jap wii,?


Mate stop asking the same thing every two posts.. No it will not make it work on a Jap Wii

Region Free is totally diferent from the Protection, the Protection basically was something that detected the Chips we use to play backups but it was discovered the file that done that, so it can now be changed in order to not detect
biggrin.gif


We are days or even hours away from Region Free, but no.. its still not possible, and why would you want Mario Galaxy on Jap ? the game already works on every region as the game as been released everywhere, and if you check the Wiki maybe the USA version works on Jap..

Super Mario Galaxy looks for system language and that makes that JAP Wii's can only play JAP Super Mario Galaxy and that's why I sold my JAP Wii (heck it had the GPU artifacts so I would get rid of it anyway) and got myself a US Wii.

ok thanks, i have just have 1 last question regarding smg lol. using this tool would we be able 2 modify smg iso 2 preventy it for searchin 4 the system languge?
 
I did a partial test of my anti-double-channel-idea.
I patched MP3, burned it und it booted fine - the catch is that I already
updated with that game...

Another problem might be the way truchasigner patches the ISO.
After replacing the original __update.inf with my patched smaller one
I extracted the patched file again: The file size was unchanged (I mean
it was size of the unpatched file), the file's contents was changed but the
"end" was the end of the unpatched file.
So if the Wii's update mechanism respects the count in the file's header
there is no problem otherwise the Wii will still update alle channels etc.

leave your replacement file the same size but replace the data you had intended to delete with 0x00?
 
leave your replacement file the same size but replace the data you had intended to delete with 0x00?

Hm yeah I thought about that too. But I think it would better if the file was really shorter.
I will test this when Brawl US is available. Maybe the program really replaces the files till then...
 
Wow, this is a really interesting development. I'd love to see the Wii homebrew scene explode from this (and of course the recent Zelda hack).

However at the very least it will be nice to have an easier way to fix some of these big release import titles.
 
For Super Mario strikers charged.

In the directory Root/ini/Charcaters, You will find some ini file

QUOTE said:
#### SPECIFIC VALUES ### -- SOMETHING THAT NEEDS A SPECIFIC VALUE, Dont Change these without checking with Bryce
Height = 1.55
Width = 0.48

################################################################################
######
#### RELATIVE VALUES ###Â --- TRY TO KEEP THESE VALUE BETWEEN 0.0 and 1.0
[Movement]
Turning Radius = 0.0
Speed = 0.5
Acceleration = 0.0

[Defense]
Slide Tackle = 0.0
Size = 1.0
Hitting Distance = 0.0

[Offense]
Shooting Windup Time = 0.45
Shooting Windup Total Time = 1.0
Shooting = 1.0
Passing = 1.0

You can change the value to modify some characteristics of the players.

In the directory Root/ini, the file CharTweaks enable to change some general characteristics like effects of the star or Mushroom

If you want improve the goal difficulty, take a look on the file :
Root/ini/goalie.ini

There are still many feature you can do like change the Challenge and the tutorial parameters to make your owns or add your name in the credits.
You just have to explore the ini files

Have fun
 
The past fortnight has been the most exciting period for the Wii apart from the announcement of the Wiinja.
smile.gif
 
PLAY MANHUNT 2 in ITALIAN or GERMAN lenguage

extract from "partition (rhte54)/sysfiles" the file "fts.bin"
open the file with an editor, find game_fre.gxt and change it in game_ita.gxt (game_ger.gxt for german) and game_ita.gxt in game_fre.gxt.
find A01_Escape_Asylum_f.gxt and change it in A01_Escape_Asylum_i.gxt (A01_Escape_Asylum_g.gxt for german). A01_Escape_Asylum_i.gxt in A01_Escape_Asylum_f.gxt, A02_The_Old_House_f.gxt in A02_The_Old_House_i.gxt, A02_The_Old_House_i.gxt in A02_The_Old_House_f.gxt, A03_Neighbourhood_f.gxt in A03_Neighbourhood_i.gxt, A03_Neighbourhood_i.gxt in A03_Neighbourhood_f.gxt, continue until A18_Manor_f.gxt in A18_Manor_i.gxt and A18_Manor_i.gxt in A18_Manor_f.gxt, change all fre_wii.gxt in ita_wii.gxt (ger_wii.gxt for german) and all ita_wii.gxt in fre_wii.gxt
save "fts.bin". Replace the old "fts.bin" in the manhunt 2 iso with the new "fts.bin". Sign the partition. Burn the .iso. Set the wii language in french and play manhunt 2 in italian or german!
 
Idea to fix semi-bricks:

Modify a disc containing a complete set of 3.1 update files to fully rewrite the flash memory (as it would if it was upgrading from an older firmware version).

I'm going to be spending my time working on this, as my Wii is semi bricked. Anyone know a game that has 3.1 on it? (US)
 
bailli, I finnally got everything ready to test your patcher. just extracted the update.inf from SSBB going to patch, replace, resign and burn. Be back with results.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News