Red_Gh0st

OP
Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
A Hermes cios installer mod by Rodries released. See here.

Release Notes:
*Added new EHC module.
*Added real support of using both ports simultaniously without shutting down the
other. There is no longer the limitation that the settings have to be on SD card for this. (ONLY HERMES CIOS!)

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
richardsito said:
Hi,

Link You have provided points to a web page with 'USB Loader GX' logo in top left corner.
Is it the same loader which trashed wbfs partitions recently?

About Hermes cIOS. Where could I find source code of it?

Regards,
Mike333

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
mike333 said:
richardsito said:
Hi,

Link You have provided points to a web page with 'USB Loader GX' logo in top left corner.
Is it the same loader which trashed wbfs partitions recently?

About Hermes cIOS. Where could I find source code of it?

Regards,
Mike333
This has nothing to do with the loader, it's just that the team is hosting the modified installer.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot find how you found out about the new ECH module, I mean I don't doubt it since there has been a ton of work done to that over the past few months. (Noticed on other posts.)

Anyway thanks for the info, I am going to install it in the morning and give it a whirl.

Edit: I was bored tonight and decided to go for it.

My report is it fixed a bit of lag I was experiencing from my Wiimote (one of the new ones with motion+ built in) I know thats been fixed for a long time but it never bothered me enough to mess with it on purpose.

Still hates all my external drives and a 4th gen ipod classic 120GB although the ipod I expected to not work. Anyway my system seems faster with the update and nothing is broken so all in all I call it a win.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't quite follow the spanish on the link richardsito mentioned (google translate still has a long way to go in the way of semantics).
So...sorry if I'm a bit sceptic, but why is usb-loader GX hosting "Hermes_cIOS_Installter_by_Rodries.zip" without any further mentioning whatsoever? The zip file doesn't even contain a text file what it does.
unsure.gif

I do understand that there is some fiddling going on by rodrii (in the same way as DaveBoal is working on Waninkoko's cIOS), but I can't make up if the link in the first post is a beta, a public beta or a final release.

It's obviously good news if true, though. Hermes's cIOS'es are quality-wise at least up to par with Waninkoko's cIOS'es, so I always felt kinda bad that Waninkoko got all the attention.

wishmasterf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
richardsito said:

Release Notes:
*Added new EHC module.
*Added real support of using both ports simultaniously without shutting down the
other. There is no longer the limitation that the settings have to be on SD card for this. (ONLY HERMES CIOS!)

Ok. Who can explain what is changed in EHC module?

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhmm
This is not a real mod
I only recompiled the hermes cios installer to use AHBProt (Spaceman Spiff change, so no need another cios) and I did a little modification in mload to release both ports because I was using it in ios202 to allow both ports in wiimc
The ehci module is not in cios, is loaded in runtime by the usbloader
I sent to Dimok my little changes in ehcimodule to improve it in wiimc (gx usbloader), and now that changes are being ported to d2x

Anayway the sources, only the installer, if you want ehci sources you can get from gx usbloader svn
http://www.mediafire.com/?ug680ovp76jow7n

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
Uhmm
This is not a real mod
I only recompiled the hermes cios installer to use AHBProt (Spaceman Spiff change, so no need another cios) and I did a little modification in mload to release both ports because I was using it in ios202 to allow both ports in wiimc
The ehci module is not in cios, is loaded in runtime by the usbloader
I sent to Dimok my little changes in ehcimodule to improve it in wiimc (gx usbloader), and now that changes are being ported to d2x

Anayway the sources, only the installer, if you want ehci sources you can get from gx usbloader svn
http://www.mediafire.com/?ug680ovp76jow7n
Lol, pretty sure mod=modification.

While you are fixing stuff, how about you set WiiMC to use 202 and fall back to 58 if necessary. IOS58 is so much slower. I've had to switch back to MPlayer CE so I could play movies without speed issues. I'll even give you my first born son if you fix it.
biggrin.gif

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
While you are fixing stuff, how about you set WiiMC to use 202 and fall back to 58 if necessary. IOS58 is so much slower. I've had to switch back to MPlayer CE so I could play movies without speed issues. I'll even give you my first born son if you fix it.
biggrin.gif
It's done in one of my wiimc betas, but not sure to make it official (in general setting, last option, you can select ios202 & port)
http://www.mediafire.com/?s40srvjowieppi0

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rodries said:
It's done in one of my wiimc betas, but not sure to make it official (in general setting, last option, you can select ios202 & port)
Make it official man, IOS202 is still better and I hate to use IOS58 in wiimc, it sometimes lags when watching dvd's from usb and that's annoying
rolleyes.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
rodries said:
Make it official man, IOS202 is still better and I hate to use IOS58 in wiimc, it sometimes lags when watching dvd's from usb and that's annoying
rolleyes.gif

+1
yaywii.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
JoostinOnline said:
biggrin.gif
Awesome, I can't wait to try this! Please make it official.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rodries said:
JoostinOnline said:
biggrin.gif
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase make this feature official!!!!!!!
bow.gif

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol