ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken - English Translation

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
What format are the beatmaps and songs? I just checked the WiiU version and the songs are nus3bank format/beatmaps are .drp format.

If its the same case for 3DS we could also use those aswell :)

3DS uses .bin for beatmap and .naac for audio, WiiU is .drp? pretty sure they are .bin found in fumen/solo at least for Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
DRP is the archive format, it's also used in Pokken. We aren't able to unpack/repack these yet, without taking them from RAM.

Hmm, the Loadiine version I have has the .bin files required.

As for building DLC for the 3DS game I've hit a road block since I know little about hex editing, I can rebuild the DLC so I know I can build something that functions but once I modify the DLC its size changes which breaks the NCCH Header and stops me from building.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ncch-romfs-size.425714/

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, the Loadiine version I have has the .bin files required.

As for building DLC for the 3DS game I've hit a road block since I know little about hex editing, I can rebuild the DLC so I know I can build something that functions but once I modify the DLC its size changes which breaks the NCCH Header and stops me from building.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ncch-romfs-size.425714/

We exactly just tried the rebuilding :P Building the DLC with the original contents works fine.

@ihaveamac suggested to use the NCCH Header of any contents archive except contents.0000.xxxxxxxx
RomFS size and hash should get updated while rebuilding with 3dstool
I think we would also have to modify the ContentInfoArchive_JPN_JA.bin as it is a list of every content archive used.

[just use http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/ to convert the gibberish Hex to Japanese]

Concerning the WiiU files I checked all three Taiko games and it should be compatible with the 3DS version as all of them use .bin files for the beatmaps

We would have to convert the nus3bank files to naac, but that shouldnt be a problem at all.

Reactions: ihaveahax

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
@ihaveamac suggested to use the NCCH Header of any contents archive except contents.0000.xxxxxxxx
RomFS size and hash should get updated while rebuilding with 3dstool

I have tried various NCCH Headers, been building with a simple RomFS Builder and manually adding the header.

Concerning the WiiU files I checked all three Taiko games and it should be compatible with the 3DS version as all of them use .bin files for the beatmaps

I had already looked into this and its not a straight port from WiiU to 3DS like it was for 3DS Game 1 to Game 2, shouldn't need too much modifying to work though.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,
Reactions: ihaveahax

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
3DSTool was the way to go :)

I managed to replace Highschool Love with Pon Pon no problems.

Next up I tried adding to the list, I have a new entry showing up and even though its loading the 'ponpon.txp' for the menu which in my case I just colored Highschool Love red when actually playing the song it still booted up Highschool Love...

s68MpGol.jpg

Must have missed a reference some where when HEX Editing but seems like its possible to add songs :)

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Success...

Seems I needed to find the Song ID to prevent my custom one playing the one I worked with as a base, changing offset 0x00000040 in the MusicInfo.dat fixed it!

Also worked out that 0x00000044 is the Music Genre.
00 = J-Pop
01 = Vocaloid
02 = Variety
03 = Namco Originals
04 = Game Music
05 = Classical
06 = Anime

Now... I just need to work out building the .naac files so I can create short versions of songs from the first game and maybe work out how to open a .lmt file which seems to be image format of the first game so I can grab the song names instead of trying to recreate them.

Reactions: Noroxus

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Following offsets are for the songs Star Rating per difficulty.

0x0000004B = Kantan (Easy)
0x0000004C = Futsuu (Normal)
0x0000004D = Muzukashii (Hard)
0x0000004E = Oni (Demon)

01 to 10? not tried anything above 06 so far.

All offsets I've posted are based on a MusicInfo file with 1 song, can have multiple within a file but screw am I dealing with that mess :P

Reactions: Noroxus

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Released Chibi Dragon as DLC on "that ISO site"
Very, very impressive work here. I am amazed to see that everything eventually worked! I've got to try it out in a bit :D

Status of the translation: not much has gone on lately. Both @shiduyo and I have been busy with school work lately (they are almost done with exams, I just graduated, etc.) so we haven't had much time to work on the game. But hopefully I can get some graphical work done some point soon.

KawaiiOtakuLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, this may be a long-shot but is it possible for you guys to un region-lock the Download-Play? I'd love to play this with friends.

Not sure if that's anywhere in your guys' to-do list (I know y'all are busy with life and whatnot) but I thought I would at least put it out there for the sake of putting it out there.

And thanks for the translation btw, loving it. :D

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Um, this may be a long-shot but is it possible for you guys to un region-lock the Download-Play? I'd love to play this with friends.

Not sure if that's anywhere in your guys' to-do list (I know y'all are busy with life and whatnot) but I thought I would at least put it out there for the sake of putting it out there.

And thanks for the translation btw, loving it. :D
Well, I am not too sure this is exactly possible... I know a lot of games that are dumped and converted can't do multiplayer for some reason, but I could be wrong about that. I am open to ideas or suggestions if there are fixes out there, but I'm not sure if there are any as of right now.

Oh man, most certainly! :D Lets just hope that the file structure and image formats are the same. Then we can just literally copy files over into the new game. I want to buy it on release and import it so I can support Bandai Namco, so we'll see!

Reactions: justln and Lycan911

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh man, most certainly! :D Lets just hope that the file structure and image formats are the same. Then we can just literally copy files over into the new game. I want to buy it on release and import it so I can support Bandai Namco, so we'll see!

You can count on my help again ^_^

Awesome! Even though the game isn't really hard to get into for playing songs I was hesitant before the translation, hopefully it is easy enough to port over the menu stuff to the new game :)

Back to some Custom DLC... I have the DLC from Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX a PSP version and it seems the note charts work in the 3DS version no problem! I've run into a odd issue though, I've converted the correct audio file and everything seems to be pointing to it loading correctly since correct note chart/song name in-game yet its playing a song I've never even heard O.o its boggling my mind right now!

Edit:
Huh, working on stuff at 4AM while sleepy is not a great mix, guess it is playing the right song? sitting and listening to lyrics they are the same but the pitch/speed of the song has changed? huh.

Edit 2:
Silly Mistake, looks like PSP Audio came into Audacity at 44100 Hz and the 3DS files are 32000 Hz, problem solved! maybe I'll throw up a video of the song playing out later, for now sleep.

Reactions: Lycan911

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well... turns out it doesn't quite work :( filmed a video of the song playing out now that I had worked out the audio issue but a new bug arises!

Once the song is cleared it just stops and doesn't proceed to the score menu :( thought it might be something wrong with the end of the note chart file since I noticed some values from the PSP version being different to what 3DS had, changed them but same issue!

Next up let a note chart from the base game run while it played Do-Dai for the music track and that didn't work either so now I'm thinking its an issue with the audio file, must be something in the header I need to change, what I've no clue.

Ah Well, for the time being back to making Preview versions of the Chibi Dragon songs...

Edit:
Well not going to make another post, still can't work out why a custom song file won't end :( if I can work it out would be tempted to port over all Taiko DX DLC that isn't part of a 3DS game already.

Decided to throw a quick image together for the MusicInfo.dat found in DLC files just for anyone else curious, info was already posted in text a few posts back but why not have a image ;)

hXuj8XL.png

Reactions: tiduscrying

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is there any known english patch for the 2 Wii U Versions out there?
Not that I know of. No plans to translate either of the three releases yet either! Sorry!

On another note, it looks like I need some help here. While I have the graphics more or less figured out, I need some help from other people to figure out where certain files are and how we can edit them. For instance, I need to change the names of all of Don's costumes. The costume data is stored in a .dat file, which I tried editing, but it ended up making everything garbled. Another thing I need to try to figure out is where the hell the in-game font is and how I can change it. I found a file named "nnfont_RectDrawerShader.shbin" inside a folder named "swlib". I don't know if this file has anything to do with the font, but it's the only thing in the game's files that even says 'font'. I also need to figure out where and how to edit the system messages that pop up on the bottom screen (ex.: before the game starts, a blue box saying something about scanning the SD card for DLC files appears).

If anyone is out there and willing to help with things outside of graphics, that would be more than appreciated right now. If you want to see the file hierarchy, decrypt your copy of the game and view the files within the "Extracted ROMFS" folder. Drop me a line either as a comment or PM if you find anything and we can work on it together! Things aren't moving as smoothly as they first were, but that's mainly because we took care of all the easiest parts first.

Thanks guys! Hopefully we can get the ball rolling again soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto