ROM Hack Pokemon Shuffle Preservation Mod v1.1

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. He did that and still no special stages. I have never ever seen this issue like this happen. When I patched my game up this didn't happen to me so i'm very confused as to why this only happens to his 3DS. I even went to his house and did the installation myself and still the special stages won't appear
I'm not entirely sure myself off hand. If he didn't get the "Attention this game isn't up to date message" then that means something else weird is going on, I haven't figured out how to stop that message from appearing yet.

Tchoup

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! I've been wanting to download the patch for 2 days now but i can't figure out why Flips continue to output "This patch is not intended for this ROM." i've tried with different cia, and by dumping by game into cia file with godmode9 but it still doesn't work. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello ! I've been wanting to download the patch for 2 days now but i can't figure out why Flips continue to output "This patch is not intended for this ROM." i've tried with different cia, and by dumping by game into cia file with godmode9 but it still doesn't work. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem
The patch only works on a copy of the game that you dump and decrypt yourself. For some reason most of the online versions seem to be bad dumps. There might be a good dump out there somewhere, but your best bet is just to dump the game yourself using godmode9 if you can. Even if there is a good dump out there, I couldn't direct you to it even if I knew. I probably do need to get around to making individual file patches next update.

If you did dump the game yourself, try decrypting it with godmode9 and see if that helps.

Tchoup

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The patch only works on a copy of the game that you dump and decrypt yourself. For some reason most of the online versions seem to be bad dumps. There might be a good dump out there somewhere, but your best bet is just to dump the game yourself using godmode9 if you can. Even if there is a good dump out there, I couldn't direct you to it even if I knew. I probably do need to get around to making individual file patches next update.

If you did dump the game yourself, try decrypting it with godmode9 and see if that helps.
Thank you for the answer ! I've tried dumping my own game and decrypting it with gm9 but it didn't work sadly

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
op can you upload the layeredfs files?
I can't. The game's files are compressed into larger files which then contain subfiles, but are not folders, effectively uploading layeredfs files for this game is the same as uploading the whole game, which is a rabbithole I refuse to go through as its effectively the same as just distributing the game itself. Patches don't do that, so I can only distribute those.

lerpderp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't. The game's files are compressed into larger files which then contain subfiles, but are not folders, effectively uploading layeredfs files for this game is the same as uploading the whole game, which is a rabbithole I refuse to go through as its effectively the same as just distributing the game itself. Patches don't do that, so I can only distribute those.
fair enough, I've tried everyway I can think of to no avail, but I appreciate it anyway

Boblers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding people having issues with bad dumps - do you happen to have the hash of a dump that you know the patch works on? That could help people to make sure they have a good one.

Also, are save files on the mod still compatible with the base version? i.e. if I install the mod, make some progress, then want to play vanilla again, can I keep the progress from the mod when I switch back to vanilla?

Reactions: lerpderp

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regarding people having issues with bad dumps - do you happen to have the hash of a dump that you know the patch works on? That could help people to make sure they have a good one.

Also, are save files on the mod still compatible with the base version? i.e. if I install the mod, make some progress, then want to play vanilla again, can I keep the progress from the mod when I switch back to vanilla?
You can swap back to vanilla with no issues, assuming you backed up your extra data and can load that backup. The save data's edits are undone naturally by the game, as the edit is just to load 1.5.0 without an error relating to missing extra data. 1.5.0 is moddable, but 1.5.11 is not. The extra data has some form of tamper protection that the base updates are lacking.

Mind explaining how I'd get the hash of the dump? Cause that's probably a thing I should provide.

Boblers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can swap back to vanilla with no issues, assuming you backed up your extra data and can load that backup. The save data's edits are undone naturally by the game, as the edit is just to load 1.5.0 without an error relating to missing extra data. 1.5.0 is moddable, but 1.5.11 is not. The extra data has some form of tamper protection that the base updates are lacking.

Mind explaining how I'd get the hash of the dump? Cause that's probably a thing I should provide.
Awesome, thanks!

Regarding hashes: on your computer, you can generate them with 7-zip. Right-click the file you want to check -> "show more options" -> "7-zip" -> "CRC SHA" -> "*". (That's what PC does at least, not sure about Mac.)

There are options to create multiple types of hashes: CRC32, CRC64, SHA1, and SHA256. Selecting the asterisk just generates all of them. This should then pop up a window with the various hashes, as well as a more-detailed file size in KiB.

Another option is to upload the file to VirusTotal, which calculates some hashes for you, such as the MD5. To do this, upload and then select "Details" to see the list of hashes. (Edit: to clarify, VirusTotal does not save the file - it just runs the file through some antivirus checkers, records the hashes, and records the various names it's seen for the file if it's been uploaded multiple times. Basically just checking the file's identity.)

MD5 and SHA1 tend to be the hashes most people use, so probably get those.

Last edited by Boblers,
Reactions: lerpderp

Lucalizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If someone gave me a legit ticket for this game, I would be able to download it from e-shop no? The cias online all have fake tickets and so I can't download directly from e-shop atm.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone gave me a legit ticket for this game, I would be able to download it from e-shop no? The cias online all have fake tickets and so I can't download directly from e-shop atm.
People would need to have some sorta, yanno, signature signer which only nintendo has. a legit ticket is only legit to one console, and since the eshops down, there aint anyway of even getting the game even if something like that was out there.

Lucalizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the only way of making this work with the dumps found in various sites is to someone redo this patch specifically for them? Or, at least, pick one of the cias and redo/make a patch for it, so people who didn't download Shuffle legit before shutdown can play this mod?

If so, that's a bummer :/

draftguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MD5 and SHA1 hashes from my own / legit game dump:
(Working with the patch)

Code:
MD5: f5506cd4d0a779a25074eef131741b1c
SHA-1: d26ab084d87ff5494dd6391498f157d0f8630447
CRC-32: 90cd2870

Last edited by draftguy123,

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you extract the .bps files for use in layeredFS? I tried opening them as archives in 7-zip to no avail, then tried using beat but that's just for making and applying .bps patches. Plus, wouldn't I need to put it in a folder with the Pokemon Shuffle TITLEID in [sdcard]/luma/titles ?

Thank you!

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would you extract the .bps files for use in layeredFS? I tried opening them as archives in 7-zip to no avail, then tried using beat but that's just for making and applying .bps patches. Plus, wouldn't I need to put it in a folder with the Pokemon Shuffle TITLEID in [sdcard]/luma/titles ?

Thank you!
.bps files are not archives, they're patches. You still need to patch the .cia file, but can then take the files from that patched rom with a tool that extracts files from a 3ds rom image and place the romfs files where you normally would for layeredfs. The files you would want to put there are
A4700000, B6680000, and all the files that begin with F0. These are the ones which got edited.

I probably should've put a guide for using them as a layeredfs mod instead as an option, its also just less problematic for installing new versions as to not completely blank the save file on update and require a backup that if not done makes you lose everything. Another for the things to do list when I get a chance.
Awesome, thanks!

Regarding hashes: on your computer, you can generate them with 7-zip. Right-click the file you want to check -> "show more options" -> "7-zip" -> "CRC SHA" -> "*". (That's what PC does at least, not sure about Mac.)

There are options to create multiple types of hashes: CRC32, CRC64, SHA1, and SHA256. Selecting the asterisk just generates all of them. This should then pop up a window with the various hashes, as well as a more-detailed file size in KiB.

Another option is to upload the file to VirusTotal, which calculates some hashes for you, such as the MD5. To do this, upload and then select "Details" to see the list of hashes. (Edit: to clarify, VirusTotal does not save the file - it just runs the file through some antivirus checkers, records the hashes, and records the various names it's seen for the file if it's been uploaded multiple times. Basically just checking the file's identity.)

MD5 and SHA1 tend to be the hashes most people use, so probably get those.
I apologize for outright disappearing after saying I'd add this, I've been busy with other stuff going on in my life, the hashes of interest should be:

dump A:
- SHA1: d26ab084d87ff5494dd6391498f157d0f8630447
- CRC32: 90CD2870

dump B:
- SHA-1: DA0FECDF78B1B94FDC30FA008D69AADBEF783672
- CRC32: 684A4A51

DGPrimal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've been playing with this patch for a few weeks now, but I want to start fresh again from Week 1 of the special stages and complete the whole game like that.

Apparently changing the clock disables the special stages for 24 hours. I wanted to know how changing the clock would affect the Special Stages with the patch.

I also wanted to know if there was a way I could set the Special Stages to Week 1 of their weekly rotation manually without having to wait until the beginning of February to start over.

LeumasPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me know if dumping works or not, if it doesn't, then I need to look into whats going on here.
Also, what were you using to decrypt the files, and which format was the decrypted file coming out as?
I dumped the CIA file using godmode9, and neither of the 1.2 patches work with the ROM for me. I've tried patching dumps from both of my new Nintendo 3DSes that had downloaded the game long before the eShop closed, and I've tried patching the CIA file from the h shop and all of them gave me the same error that this patch was not made for this ROM when using Flips, and "source ROM checksum mismatch" when using ROM Patcher JS. According to gm9 the CIA files I dumped were already decrypted, I don't know if h shop downloads decrypted CIA files.
Post automatically merged:

.bps files are not archives, they're patches. You still need to patch the .cia file, but can then take the files from that patched rom with a tool that extracts files from a 3ds rom image and place the romfs files where you normally would for layeredfs. The files you would want to put there are
A4700000, B6680000, and all the files that begin with F0. These are the ones which got edited.

I probably should've put a guide for using them as a layeredfs mod instead as an option, its also just less problematic for installing new versions as to not completely blank the save file on update and require a backup that if not done makes you lose everything. Another for the things to do list when I get a chance.

I apologize for outright disappearing after saying I'd add this, I've been busy with other stuff going on in my life, the hashes of interest should be:

dump A:
- SHA1: d26ab084d87ff5494dd6391498f157d0f8630447
- CRC32: 90CD2870

dump B:
- SHA-1: DA0FECDF78B1B94FDC30FA008D69AADBEF783672
- CRC32: 684A4A51
If it helps, these are the values I got from using 7zip to calculate the values from the dumps I've tried:

new 3DS #1 dump:
- SHA-1: e1abf0859ac93779725757433ec5b3c2f443014b
- CRC32: 5DE50A3F

new 3DS #2 dump:

h shop CIA file after decrypting:

I am very confused as to why all three have the same values when your 2 dumps had completely different SHA-1 and CRC32 values when my dumps from two different consoles, downloaded at two totally different times, have matching values that also match the values from the CIA file from the h shop after decrypting the file with gm9. I started this post expecting to get 3 different SHA-1 and CRC32 values based on you getting two completely different values from your two dumps, and I'm ending this post with more questions, such as; "what model 3DS did you dump your CIA files from?", "Are your dumps faulty?", "Are my dumps bad, and if so, how do they have matching SHA-1 and CRC32 values that also match the h shop CIA file after I decrypted it with godmode9?", and "How have other people managed to successfully apply the patch?"

I dumped the CIA file using godmode9, and neither of the 1.2 patches work with the ROM for me. I've tried patching dumps from both of my new Nintendo 3DSes that had downloaded the game long before the eShop closed, and I've tried patching the CIA file from the h shop and all of them gave me the same error that this patch was not made for this ROM when using Flips, and "source ROM checksum mismatch" when using ROM Patcher JS. According to gm9 the CIA files I dumped were already decrypted, I don't know if h shop downloads decrypted CIA files.

If it helps, these are the values I got from using 7zip to calculate the values from the dumps I've tried:

new 3DS #1 dump:

new 3DS #2 dump:

I am very confused as to why all three have the same values when your 2 dumps had completely different SHA-1 and CRC32 values when my dumps from two different consoles, downloaded at two totally different times, have matching values that also match the values from the CIA file from the h shop after decrypting the file with gm9. I started this post expecting to get 3 different SHA-1 and CRC32 values based on you getting two completely different values from your two dumps, and I'm ending this post with more questions, such as; "what model 3DS did you dump your CIA files from?", "Are your dumps faulty?", "Are my dumps bad, and if so, how do they have matching SHA-1 and CRC32 values that also match the h shop CIA file after I decrypted it with godmode9?", and "How have other people managed to successfully apply the patch?"
These are two of the CIA files I've tried. This is separate from my other posts so that if this post gets removed, my other posts will remain.

I think that the file I attached got lost because my posts have been automatically merged. Someone will have to reply to my posts so that I can reply to them with the CIA files in a .7z format.

Last edited by LeumasPlays,

LeumasPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered that the decrypted CIA file from the h shop is compatible with the second patch for v1.2. I now have the question of how do you unlock special stages on a save file that has previously had special stages unlocked, but has had them locked by a botched time change done without understanding what the "nullify user time offset" option did in the Rosalina menu?

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I discovered that the decrypted CIA file from the h shop is compatible with the second patch for v1.2. I now have the question of how do you unlock special stages on a save file that has previously had special stages unlocked, but has had them locked by a botched time change done without understanding what the "nullify user time offset" option did in the Rosalina menu?
The process is really complicated and annoying, and to an extent which I've struggled to explain, as the one time I tried, I got the process wrong. Its something to do with blanking out certain data near the beginning of the save file.

new 3DS #1 dump:

new 3DS #2 dump:

These are two of the CIA files I've tried. This is separate from my other posts so that if this post gets removed, my other posts will remain.

I think that the file I attached got lost because my posts have been automatically merged. Someone will have to reply to my posts so that I can reply to them with the CIA files in a .7z format.
I'm not sure why your dumps were different from mine. The first of my dumps was consistent across all other consoles I've ever seen dump this game as normal. The second dump was a weirdo case that I'm not sure how to explain.
Hello. I've been playing with this patch for a few weeks now, but I want to start fresh again from Week 1 of the special stages and complete the whole game like that.

Apparently changing the clock disables the special stages for 24 hours. I wanted to know how changing the clock would affect the Special Stages with the patch.

I also wanted to know if there was a way I could set the Special Stages to Week 1 of their weekly rotation manually without having to wait until the beginning of February to start over.
The included save file has no progress other than specials being unlocked, as long as you're always nullifying your offsets after a time change, you will not get locked out. If I can get the motivation, I hope to one day put an end to this lockout once and for all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto