ROM Hack Pokemon Shuffle Preservation Mod v1.1

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got a 3ds after the eshop closure does this mean i wont be able to patch any rom?
You might need to do a bit of digging to find one that works. I'm sure at least one exists, but from what I've been hearing a lot of people were struggling to find one.

jty123456

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello. I changed the system clock of 3ds so the special stages disappear again. Everytime I open Pokemon shuffle, it notifies me. I wanna keep using my existing savedata. How can I do with this? Already using the patched cia.

Last edited by jty123456,

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you changed the clock, and didn't already have the offset nullified, theres not a ton you can do, as I'm still not entirely sure how the part of the save that fixes it works, I know its possible to fix, as I've done it before, but, its really hard to explain. If you've nullified your consoles offset before, try nullifying it again.. If you've homebrewed your system, theres a good chance you've done it before. Its in the Rosalina menu. Whenever I get a bit less busy I'm hoping to make a version of the mod where this lockout can't happen at all.

If that doesn't work, please back up your save file with checkpoint JKSV, or whatever before you start over if you do so, cause if I can fix this in the future, it will be good to have that ready.

Last edited by SaltedNeos,
Reactions: jty123456

jty123456

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you changed the clock, and didn't already have the offset nullified, theres not a ton you can do, as I'm still not entirely sure how the part of the save that fixes it works, I know its possible to fix, as I've done it before, but, its really hard to explain. If you've nullified your consoles offset before, try nullifying it again.. If you've homebrewed your system, theres a good chance you've done it before. Its in the Rosalina menu. Whenever I get a bit less busy I'm hoping to make a version of the mod where this lockout can't happen at all.

If that doesn't work, please back up your save file with checkpoint JKSV, or whatever before you start over if you do so, cause if I can fix this in the future, it will be good to have that ready.
1685538346460.png

I set 00000060~00000067 to "00" of my savadata.bin to fix the clock check.

Reactions: SaltedNeos

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like theres a bug which I need to warn people about which I can't fix. If you already have 99 banked hearts when you beat the competitive stage replacements, the rewards don't get given to you due to the heart reward, be sure to at least use one of them if you didn't care about getting the hearts from the event.

lerpderp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried every which way to get this patch to work (dumped with gm9, decrypted) no matter what the patcher keeps saying "this patch is not intended for this rom" is there anyway to upload the layeredFS files so i can go that route?

ShadowGio1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who are having trouble with the patch download the patch from the gifthub page. The one on this website doesn't work while the gifthub one works. Here is the link: https://github.com/SaltedNeos/shuffle-preservation-mod/releases
Post automatically merged:

Also how do i fix the system clock check? I tried changing them from 00000060~00000067 in the savedata.bin file but it did nothing. I have the hex editor on my laptop and need some pointers on where do i find it and fix it
2023-06-11_20-10-41.896_bot.jpg

Last edited by ShadowGio1994,

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you who are having trouble with the patch download the patch from the gifthub page. The one on this website doesn't work while the gifthub one works. I can't post it yet cause i'm still new to the site but i will edit my post to add the link later.
Post automatically merged:

Also how do i fix the system clock check? I tried changing them from 00000060~00000067 in the savedata.bin file but it did nothing. I have the hex editor on my laptop and need some pointers on where do i find it and fix itView attachment 378871
That doesn't make much sense, they're the same file. I'm surprised you even found the github because I forgot about it. The check in time thing is rough, and I unfortunately still don't know how to deal with it. The only thing I can suggest is trying to nullify the offset on your console before trying the fix you've already attempted. I've been way too busy as of late to try and patch in a work around.

I assume this is the github you're talking about?

https://github.com/SaltedNeos/shuffle-preservation-mod

ShadowGio1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I found the gifthub was because I was using the DuckDuckGo extension on my Mozilla Firefox browser and the gifthub page was the 1st link that was on the top search result. Any other browser the link to the page doesn't show up on the search results and I would have never know about it. The github download of the mod works cause the one here on the website doesn't work. And yes the link that you posted is the where I downloaded it

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way I found the gifthub was because I was using the DuckDuckGo extension on my Mozilla Firefox browser and the gifthub page was the 1st link that was on the top search result. Any other browser the link to the page doesn't show up on the search results and I would have never know about it. The github download of the mod works cause the one here on the website doesn't work. And yes the link that you posted is the where I downloaded it
I'm not entirely sure how only one of them is working when they're both the exact same patches, I guess I need to double check when I get a moment.

ShadowGio1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have a Pokémon Shuffle cia file that I ripped from my 3DS using Godmode9 that works with the patch. What i did was to built the cia file using standard method and then when it was finished I then verify the file. Maybe the reason why the patch doesn't apply is because the game wasn't verify after you built it. If people still has issues with the cia file then I'll publish my cia file that does work

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its not that I'm surprised the github patch did work, I'm surprised the one here didn't. I probably should've mentioned that people will want to be holding onto their unpatched cias as well. Whenever I actually get 1.3 out, you'll need the unpatched one to update to most likely, unless I make a patch both for people going from vanilla and people going from 1.2.

ShadowGio1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2023-06-27_06-28-32.765_top.jpg
2023-06-27_06-30-32.521_bot.jpg

My friend patched the game and when he booted up the game the special stages would not appear at all. He tried patching the game from a clean cia file again and again including using the savedata.bin file that came with the mod but the special stages would not show up. He even tried to nullify user time offset from the Rosalina menu and nothing. He even deleted the extra data that was on the game. He is on the 1.5.0 version of the game. He didn't get the "Attention this game isn't up to date However Special stages should be unlocked" message. What should he do to get the special stages to appear?

SaltedNeos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 380077View attachment 380078

My friend patched the game and when he booted up the game the special stages would not appear at all. He tried patching the game from a clean cia file again and again including using the savedata.bin file that came with the mod but the special stages would not show up. He even tried to nullify user time offset from the Rosalina menu and nothing. He even deleted the extra data that was on the game. He is on the 1.5.0 version of the game. He didn't get the "Attention this game isn't up to date However Special stages should be unlocked" message. What should he do to get the special stages to appear?
Make sure the date of the console is in a period between Feb 2018 and 2037

ShadowGio1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. He did that and still no special stages. I have never ever seen this issue like this happen. When I patched my game up this didn't happen to me so i'm very confused as to why this only happens to his 3DS. I even went to his house and did the installation myself and still the special stages won't appear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto