ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken - English Translation

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's some of the progress on the horizontal song titles, which appear during gameplay:

3DW4OiD.png
CAtPPxn.png
7tffDvo.png
7x0HFXN.png
PUXl3BL.png
AmLBflx.png
qlzVNwS.png
iVLW8xi.png
sQOpz6n.png
hNnyuVC.png

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
:toot: Version 1.1 Released!!!! :toot:

Check the updated information in the OP to figure out how to update the patch and everything. Major thanks to @NikolaMiljevic for this release, as they worked on translating the song titles all on their own! The OP also has new screenshots and a new video showing the JP DLC running natively on AuReiNand!

Reactions: oji and Lycan911

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not really translated related but was curious how the DLC format works out, would it be possible to grab songs from say the first game 3DS and import them into this one as DLC? I unpacked the main game CIA but didn't see much on how to go about it and I've never had any luck unpacking a DLC CIA.

I'll be honest, not like I tried hard :P since playing this game would be nice if we could get most songs into one, hell maybe if the way songs are charted and such are similar you could go back and grab songs from Taiko games on other platforms.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You mean like injecting songs? That sounds interesting. I'd imagine it might work from the first 3DS game to the second and the third when it comes out since they more than likely run on the exact same engine but I'm not sure if it would work with other platforms. Though I'd kill to put Relations from iM@S on them. Every single game since it first appeared on one of the DS games I hope it makes the songlist-

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You mean like injecting songs?

Precisely, just toyed with the files and I can at least say the files for the music itself are the same format between both Taiko games on the 3DS, took PON PON PON from the first and replaced Geragerapo no Uta in the second, mainly because it was the two file names I could recognize, note charting it a whole other step I've no clue on :P

Song Select list still played Geragerapo, unsure why, maybe because I only replaced 'gerapo_3ds.naac' and not 'gerapo_3ds_s.naac' which I'm guessing the _s will mean short but the first game doesn't seem to have any _s version unless they are in the 'packed' file which I've no idea how to get into, not that I've looked hard.

Really the only files I can access from the first game are the music files, the note charting must be within the 'packed' file.

At the end of the day though you don't want to go replacing base songs, would want to add songs to the second game as DLC and hell the third when that comes since I doubt the format will be different.

Reactions: Lycan911 and Kourin

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome find! Geez, I can not for the life of me ever hear that song without thinking of Pomf Pomf Kimochi--
But at any rate, that's awesome! I wouldn't mind replacing songs as there's songs I don't like but that's just me.
If you keep looking into it, good luck on finding the note charting.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Precisely, just toyed with the files and I can at least say the files for the music itself are the same format between both Taiko games on the 3DS, took PON PON PON from the first and replaced Geragerapo no Uta in the second, mainly because it was the two file names I could recognize, note charting it a whole other step I've no clue on :P

Song Select list still played Geragerapo, unsure why, maybe because I only replaced 'gerapo_3ds.naac' and not 'gerapo_3ds_s.naac' which I'm guessing the _s will mean short but the first game doesn't seem to have any _s version unless they are in the 'packed' file which I've no idea how to get into, not that I've looked hard.

Really the only files I can access from the first game are the music files, the note charting must be within the 'packed' file.

At the end of the day though you don't want to go replacing base songs, would want to add songs to the second game as DLC and hell the third when that comes since I doubt the format will be different.

Would you mind sharing details on this, I currently map TaikoJiro and if mapping is similar to this I could be able to create some notecharts for the game.

ErixGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

To clarify
The _s is for preview as in when you hover over a song. The songs are AAC files encrypted with Ninty headers.

Also proof custom songs are possible:

As you could see in the first song (Senbonzakura) I only edited the _s to have a lower pitch and completly replaced the song with Silent Siren - Routine

Sorry for crappy quality recorded it with my phone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you mind sharing details on this, I currently map TaikoJiro and if mapping is similar to this I could be able to create some notecharts for the game.

Sadly mapping beatmaps for this game is actually very hard, since there has been no information about it yet what I do know is that it is a .bin encrypted with lz11 compression and then it's just couple of patterns put in a small portions of code divided by FFFFF bytes

Last edited by ErixGamer,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
To clarify
The _s is for preview as in when you hover over a song. The songs are AAC files encrypted with Ninty headers.

Also proof custom songs are possible:

As you could see in the first song (Senbonzakura) I only edited the _s to have a lower pitch and completly replaced the song with Silent Siren - Routine

Sorry for crappy quality recorded it with my phone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sadly mapping beatmaps for this game is actually very hard, since there has been no information about it yet what I do know is that it is a .bin encrypted with lz11 compression and then it's just couple of patterns put in a small portions of code divided by FFFFF bytes

Yay for Freedom Dive custom map, anyways I would like to give it a go, as the notechart data needs to be somewhere and figuring it out shouldn't be hard. What programs did you use to dump the data (or better yet what did you use to explore the contents of the rom)?

ErixGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yay for Freedom Dive custom map, anyways I would like to give it a go, as the notechart data needs to be somewhere and figuring it out shouldn't be hard. What programs did you use to dump the data (or better yet what did you use to explore the contents of the rom)?
(Osu!FTW)
Well it's very simple.
1. Dump game through desired method (e.g. BrainDump)
2. Extract RomFS contents. (Asia's hacking tool)
3. Open ExtractedRomFS/song/fumen/solo/*.bin
[ Kantan: _e.bin, Futsuu _h.bin, Muzukashii _n.bin, Oni _m.bin]
4. All the files are .bin files which are compressed with lz11 compression. You can decompress with: this
5. Then edit your file
6. Compress again
Boom insert and hope it works :)

Pictures of what a decompressed/decrypted difficulty file looks like:
Here

Last edited by ErixGamer,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome find! Geez, I can not for the life of me ever hear that song without thinking of Pomf Pomf Kimochi--

You and Me both, I didn't even know Pomf Pomf was a parody till the other day...

To clarify

Thanks for clarifying, I've still no clue what I'm doing with the AAC files, I had a quick look and I don't see what headers I would be removing to simple playback the files on my PC or what I would be putting back once making my own AAC file, I had a quick look at Game 5 on the Wii and audio was simple to convert from a .nub file.

Even the Note Chart files from the Wii Game look similar but unfortunately it wasn't a simple compress to lz11 and import into 3DS version :P it doesn't seem like the Wii charts are compressed.

Now if only I could get the note charts out of the first 3DS game to see if it would be a simple port, the 'packedlist' file seems to contain the structure of the files found in the 'packed' file so need an extractor, looking at the DS games they had something similar with 'list.bin' + 'data.000' which there is an extractor for but won't work on the 3DS title.

At least it seems possible to replace existing songs, question is packing custom DLC...

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

ErixGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You and Me both, I didn't even know Pomf Pomf was a parody till the other day...

Thanks for clarifying, I've still no clue what I'm doing with the AAC files, I had a quick look and I don't see what headers I would be removing to simple playback the files on my PC or what I would be putting back once making my own AAC file, I had a quick look at Game 5 on the Wii and audio was simple to convert from a .nub file.

Even the Note Chart files from the Wii Game look similar but unfortunately it wasn't a simple compress to lz11 and import into 3DS version :P it doesn't seem like the Wii charts are compressed.

Now if only I could get the note charts out of the first 3DS game to see if it would be a simple port, the 'packedlist' file seems to contain the structure of the files found in the 'packed' file so need an extractor, looking at the DS games they had something similar with 'list.bin' + 'data.000' which there is an extractor for but won't work on the 3DS title.

At least it seems possible to replace existing songs, question is packing custom DLC...

If you want, I don't mind sharing details on custom songs and how to properly encrypt them. I can also share the current info I have for Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS
Oh and DLC is very easy to decrypt and to make a custom DLC, the problem is to encrypt it again. I have no idea to do that.
Structure of DLC:
_fumen (difficulties)
_image (title)
_music
addoninfo.dat (Just a simple file with a number in the first byte to indicate which DLC song it is.)
MusicInfo.dat (random code + title + file names)

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you want, I don't mind sharing details on custom songs and how to properly encrypt them. I can also share the current info I have for Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS
Oh and DLC is very easy to decrypt and to make a custom DLC, the problem is to encrypt it again. I have no idea to do that.
Structure of DLC:
_fumen (difficulties)
_image (title)
_music
addoninfo.dat (Just a simple file with a number in the first byte to indicate which DLC song it is.)
MusicInfo.dat (random code + title + file names)

That would be awesome.

I did manage to De crypt the DLC the other day and isolate one song so I could see how it was put together and its just as you said but I had no luck getting it working on the system, managed to build a CIA and install but it was showing as 0 blocks, sure I'm doing something wrong, not even built a CIA before let alone DLC.

ErixGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would be awesome.

I did manage to De crypt the DLC the other day and isolate one song so I could see how it was put together and its just as you said but I had no luck getting it working on the system, managed to build a CIA and install but it was showing as 0 blocks, sure I'm doing something wrong, not even built a CIA before let alone DLC.
Keep in mind that DLC is also region-specific and might not even show up, you'd need Luma3DS to get native DLC support

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The other day I spent a few hours just looking at the song 'RPG' in Hex trying to work out the notes, had no luck I suck with Hex, also got the same song out of the recent Wii U version to compare and looked the same but inverted, did a 32 Byte flip on the Wii U version of the song and its so close to looking like the 3DS version, toyed around a bit could not get it working :(

I did however manage getting the note charts out of the first 3DS game and put 'PON PON PON' over 'RPG' didn't have to do any file tampering just some renaming!

Not tested other songs yet but I can't imagine it would be a problem, now if only I could get custom DLC working so I didn't have to replace songs! easier to boot up the first game if I can only replace songs.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The other day I spent a few hours just looking at the song 'RPG' in Hex trying to work out the notes, had no luck I suck with Hex, also got the same song out of the recent Wii U version to compare and looked the same but inverted, did a 32 Byte flip on the Wii U version of the song and its so close to looking like the 3DS version, toyed around a bit could not get it working :(

I did however manage getting the note charts out of the first 3DS game and put 'PON PON PON' over 'RPG' didn't have to do any file tampering just some renaming!

Not tested other songs yet but I can't imagine it would be a problem, now if only I could get custom DLC working so I didn't have to replace songs! easier to boot up the first game if I can only replace songs.

What format are the beatmaps and songs? I just checked the WiiU version and the songs are nus3bank format/beatmaps are .drp format.

If its the same case for 3DS we could also use those aswell :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto