Hacking [Rel] Improved (hopefully) NTR streamer for N3DS (XL/LL)

theninjagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I made a small python-based program for shiny hunting in USUM

How it handles error:

Found a shiny pokemon:

Post automatically merged:

Thanks for ya help, lol. My dream finally came true.

Can you share this program. I play UsUm a lot.

theninjagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The new version of ntr stutters sometimes and freezes when not in use for some time . The first version(improved one) ran without any stutters

poppopop

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you for making a very nice app. I am using this app with the software "Animal Crossing". The app works almost without any problems. But sometimes the screen is a bit choppy. When I check the logs when it gets jerky, it shows an error. Is this something that can be managed in the settings? The logs are as follows.

recv end packet incomplete
recv incomplete skipping frame
Corrupt JPEG data: 1097 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9
recv decode error

Device used: New2DS

zbash92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new version of ntr stutters sometimes and freezes when not in use for some time . The first version(improved one) ran without any stutters
Sorry to hear that you are having issues using this homebrew. Not sure why it would freeze when left afk. I'll see if I have any idea the next couple of days.

Thank you for making a very nice app. I am using this app with the software "Animal Crossing". The app works almost without any problems. But sometimes the screen is a bit choppy. When I check the logs when it gets jerky, it shows an error. Is this something that can be managed in the settings? The logs are as follows.

recv end packet incomplete
recv incomplete skipping frame
Corrupt JPEG data: 1097 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9
recv decode error

Device used: New2DS
I've been unsuccessfully trying to fix that for weeks. It's some kind of bug in the multi-threaded encoding code. Also causes flickering in say Chokistream, and NTRView for Wii U. I'll work on fixing it (hopefully) in the next couple of days.

poppopop

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry to hear that you are having issues using this homebrew. Not sure why it would freeze when left afk. I'll see if I have any idea the next couple of days.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to fix that for weeks. It's some kind of bug in the multi-threaded encoding code. Also causes flickering in say Chokistream, and NTRView for Wii U. I'll work on fixing it (hopefully) in the next couple of days.
Thank you for your reply. This app is already nice. And yet you are taking it even higher. Truly amazing. I hope you get that bug worked out.

zbash92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I have the latest Luma3DS. I even narrowed down to the exact function call leading to the hang but don't know how to fix it.

Like CIA works, but 3DSX would hang, and when I fixed the hang at one location, launching 3DSX from network works, but then launching 3DSX locally from file would hang. (This time I don't know how to work around it)

queenbiscuit311

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @queenbiscuit311
Welcome!

Are you using CTRPF plugins (including 3gx ones) by any chance? Some change I've made a while back made this version not work with those by default. If you press X + Y there's an option to change the behavior to make it work. (If this is causing problem I'll change the default behavior for future version)

For home menu streaming at 3 FPS, does it slow down you actual 3DS as well? Just wondering why that would happen..
ctrpf plugins were indeed the problem. i had some installed from years back and moving them to another folder fixed it.

as for the low framerate home menu, it doesnt slow down what's on my system, its just the stream. moreover i see this same problem on kirby robobot, but only in some parts? the intro cinematic runs fine and so does part of t he world map, but everything else is a slideshow. ill have to see if changing settings works?

edit: lowering quality and bitrate appears to improve it, but its still quite laggy compared to non hr or compared to games that work properly

Last edited by queenbiscuit311,

zbash92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@PabloMK7

I have not been working on this for a while. There are two bugs I've tried and could not fix:

1. Flickering in the Wii U Viewer

2. Occasionally the frame rate would drop to low double or single digit.

Other than that I have made some changes to BootNTR:

1. The payload is split into multiple files: BootNTR will start the initial file, and store the home menu payload in memory to be loaded. The pm and nwm payload are loaded from file later on.

2. The get dma state patch is disabled for this NTR due to some errant patching.

3. Some random config saving bug fix (config not saving on first launch).

So basically, some changes will need to be made to BootNTR.

While NTR-HR has an updated hooking/unhooking routine to avoid crash, the streaming framerate isn't as consistent as I would like.

theninjagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My stream runs great but, sometimes it drops frames to 0 after going through a black screen like entering a house in animal crossing. And it also drops frames after sometime the stream has started

zbash92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed after some staring at Task Manager and the console log of NTRViewer, that frame drops occur exactly once every minute. It happens in the original 3.6.1 NTR as well just not as noticeable. Will need to do more testing to figure what's causing it.

I'm guessing right now that it's when the 3DS is doing active scanning of WiFi networks at every minute mark. Baseless assumption and whether if it's true or not I don't know how to go about fixing it either way
:(

Well I switched to a different AP and the lag spike is gone... Still don't know what caused it..

Last edited by zbash92,
Reactions: flanter21

rick_ff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
For some reason after running 3.6-HR and streaming, then putting it to sleep causing it to never wake up? Blue light keeps flashing after opening console lid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto