ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

RoyPuppyPawz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I had the game on there before trying this. I even had a save. Maybe I need to install another cia of the game. And try again.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I had the game on there before trying this. I even had a save. Maybe I need to install another cia of the game. And try again.
So you had the base game and the 1.1 update already on citra?

Try closing citra completely and repopening it, uninstalling the 1.1 update (not the base game), and installing the TLE cia. Don't open the game inbetween installs or it will give you an error.

Last edited by Silrae,
Reactions: RoyPuppyPawz

Hexadermia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so good, I absolutely love this patch. Komari's route was beyond adorable.

Currently doing Lisette's route and I noticed that she calls you her boyfriend in her yellow heart event if you pick the second option.

But apart from that, everything seems to be good so far. I do wish this was like stardew though where I could date them all so I can see all their events in one save. On the bright side, atleast it doesn't take that long to get an extra 5 hearts.

Wiccan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that Wayne has some missing dialogue (at least as far as I know when you pursue him with a male character). There's a couple of dialogue boxes when he's above a green flower that are just ".........." I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using Citra to play. Otherwise, everything is perfect! Thank you for creating this and making it possible to marry anyone regardless of gender!

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesnt seem to be working for me, at least not completely. I installed the base game and DLC with FBI. I put the Hamtaro patch in my Luma folder. Then I took your 5.0.1 download from that site and applied the Hamtaro patch with xDelta. I then installed that CIA using FBI. On my title screen it says 1.1, has Hamtaro and there is a rainbow behind the logo. So it certainly seems like it worked, however..playing as a female, no other female has a heart in their text box. Are they just not supposed to or did something weird happen?

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesnt seem to be working for me, at least not completely. I installed the base game and DLC with FBI. I put the Hamtaro patch in my Luma folder. Then I took your 5.0.1 download from that site and applied the Hamtaro patch with xDelta. I then installed that CIA using FBI. On my title screen it says 1.1, has Hamtaro and there is a rainbow behind the logo. So it certainly seems like it worked, however..playing as a female, no other female has a heart in their text box. Are they just not supposed to or did something weird happen?

-snip-
Layeredfs is overwriting the TLE dlc. Try deleting everything BUT the "Sound" folder from the Hamtaro patch and see if that works for you. Let me know if you still have any problems or crashes, and I'll try look into it.

Reactions: NicheGamer

Less

Trophies
Website
lessthelonely.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried this more than once since I became so excited with the idea of having my character be a guy and be able to marry one of the Bachelors. I got it to work only once.

I play ToT on a cartdridge, a European region one, and I have a save file which I've already backed up. I tried to install the patch by only applying the .cia (even deleted the update content I had already installed to see if it could be a problem), it didn't work. Fast-forward to yesterday, I downloaded a USA region .cia, installed it and the patch and I got it to run. However, I tried to use JKSM (which I believe is now outdated) to transfer the save file from my cartridge to the digital version. While it did transfer, when I tried to open the file and keep playing, it said the save file was corrupted and deleted it immediately.

Could someone help me? Is it possible to use the patch along with my cartridge or, if that's impossible, how should I transfer my save to a .cia digital version?

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this more than once since I became so excited with the idea of having my character be a guy and be able to marry one of the Bachelors. I got it to work only once.

I play ToT on a cartdridge, a European region one, and I have a save file which I've already backed up. I tried to install the patch by only applying the .cia (even deleted the update content I had already installed to see if it could be a problem), it didn't work. Fast-forward to yesterday, I downloaded a USA region .cia, installed it and the patch and I got it to run. However, I tried to use JKSM (which I believe is now outdated) to transfer the save file from my cartridge to the digital version. While it did transfer, when I tried to open the file and keep playing, it said the save file was corrupted and deleted it immediately.

Could someone help me? Is it possible to use the patch along with my cartridge or, if that's impossible, how should I transfer my save to a .cia digital version?

I think the corrupted data was because your save file was from a different region. I don't know if it would be possible for you to transfer your save to a US version of the game, and I'm not sure how EU compatibility is for the most recent releases. It's possible that you'll have to start a new save on the US .cia in order to use TLE, which I know sucks big monkey balls, but you would at least be able to court whomever you want from the start as a male (TLE lets you court ANYONE regardless of gender because Silrae is amazing with programming).

Less

Trophies
Website
lessthelonely.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the corrupted data was because your save file was from a different region. I don't know if it would be possible for you to transfer your save to a US version of the game, and I'm not sure how EU compatibility is for the most recent releases. It's possible that you'll have to start a new save on the US .cia in order to use TLE, which I know sucks big monkey balls, but you would at least be able to court whomever you want from the start as a male (TLE lets you court ANYONE regardless of gender because Silrae is amazing with programming).

Yeah, I figured. Thanks for answering!
Maybe I'll look for a male save somewhere to at least skip the tutorial.

Snowp

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, would you mind posting the old guide for LayeredFS so I can backtrack how to remove the patch? Sorry, I only touched modding stuff once for this and it was last January, not sure how to completely remove it. Thanks.

Gisella

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tried making the patch again, only for this appearing at the end of the step

D:\IDM Downloads\Compressed\SOS-TOT-USA-_DLC_-Ziperto>makerom -f cia -target t -content tle_update.cxi:0:0 -o tle_update.cia -minor 2
[CIA ERROR] Content 0 Is Corrupt (res = -10)
[RESULT] Failed to build CIA

Any help?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried making the patch again, only for this appearing at the end of the step

D:\IDM Downloads\Compressed\SOS-TOT-USA-_DLC_-Ziperto>makerom -f cia -target t -content tle_update.cxi:0:0 -o tle_update.cia -minor 2
[CIA ERROR] Content 0 Is Corrupt (res = -10)
[RESULT] Failed to build CIA

Any help?
The error is saying there is something wrong with your content file, which would be the cxi file that was built.

CandyPool

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Thank you so much for doing all this. Only with this patch that I can enjoy the game wholeheartedly.

(to new ppl, keep in mind that the male NPCs will treat you like their girlfriend, while female NPCs treat you like their boyfriend anw. Even with the gender swap and log change, the NPC are still designed that way.)

(but this mod is so good ;_; )

Last edited by CandyPool,

Reishiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first one. The whole event is all dots until the game crashes when Witchie and Dessie appear on screen.

I was also trying to build the update cia with hamtaro included, but the makerom wants something called exefs/icon.bin and exefs/code.bin, which are never made with the ctrtool using the instructions.
I'm having the exact problems as you... I think I will try rebuild the base game cia with both mods and see if it works.

TheBeverage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick note, during Yuzuki’s red heart event and at the end of the wedding scene, he refers to the player character as his wife, rather than husband. Only issues I noticed, wonderful job with this, and thank you!

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
so "that ISO site" is currently down, and I haven't found any word on when it'll be back up or if it'll be back up at all. I don't suppose there's any other way to download the patch?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so "that ISO site" is currently down, and I haven't found any word on when it'll be back up or if it'll be back up at all. I don't suppose there's any other way to download the patch?
As of right now, no there isn’t. The only other method of installation available is building the cia yourself. You could also just use luma’s layeredfs again, but you’ll most likely have to deal with the mushroom log crash if you do so.

I’ll try to figure out something in the case that iso site doesn’t go back up, but I can’t promise anything anytime soon.

Last edited by Silrae,
Reactions: ValiantChan

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
As of right now, no there isn’t. The only other method of installation available is building the cia yourself. You could also just use luma’s layeredfs again, but you’ll most likely have to deal with the mushroom log crash if you do so.

I’ll try to figure out something in the case that iso site doesn’t go back up, but I can’t promise anything anytime soon.
Out of pure laziness, I decided to try just using layeredfs and... strangely, it seems to be working? It isn't freaking out at the presence of mushroom logs on my farm. I'll keep playing and post updates if I run into any other crashes with layeredfs, but this seems promising. Luma might've fixed whatever was causing the issue in an update at some point.

Reactions: Silrae

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o