Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life (English Patch)

PikminEater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been troubleshooting for a couple of days now and ive seen the marriage cutscene around a million times at this point. There must be something I'm doing wrong somewhere

EtjeKadetje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I placed the patch in the correct place but when I click on the game's properties in Yuzu, patch | LayeredFS does not show up ad and the language is still in Japanese. :c
I had the same issue. It worked for me to put the romfs map in (username) > AppData > Roaming > yuzu > sdmc > atmosphere > contents > 0100936018EB4000.

Malialis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. This is going to be amazing. It looks like a great game. Thank you.

The Japanese version of this game was recently released. And guess what? Being the curious person I am, I decided to dump the game files and guess what I found. English files.

For Pioneers of Olive Town, we had wonderful volunteers (@JokerD @ehnoah) who were successfully able to create an English patch so using their work as an example, I have decided to create a patch as well.

The patch was fixed mainly by this wonderful person named Raugo.

YUZU USER MINI GUIDE:
1. Right click game in Yuzu list and choose "Open Mod Data Location."
Folder will be like "AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\
0100936018EB4000"
2. Extract the zip file and place the patch in this folder.
3. Right click game in Yuzu list again and choose "Properties."
You should see it already checked in the window. "patch | LayeredFS"
4. Make sure it is checked, hit OK and then run the game as normal.

RYUNJIX USER MINI GUIDE:
1. Right click game in Ryunjix list and choose "Open Mod Directory" Folder will be like "AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100936018eb4000"
2. Extract the zip file and place the patch in this folder.

SWITCH USER MINI GUIDE:

1. Extract the zip file and place the romfs folder into atmosphere/contents/0100936018EB4000

Pass: raugo for patch.7z and aespa4thgenleaders for Patch Creation.7z
There are other languages available as well; download the patch.7z for the English patch and the Patch Creation.7z for other languages. Make sure to read the steps in readme.

One last thing and the most important one: support the devs by preordering/purchasing the SoS games if you’d like to see the series continuing in the future!
View attachment 349565

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also having an issue of just black screen after the marriage scene. I even tried on my actual switch but it just crashes. what emulator are you using and what version?
I’m on the latest ryujinx. I haven’t had any issues with the game. Do u have the update installed. Could be a bug with the base game and u may need to update it.

PikminEater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on the latest ryujinx. I haven’t had any issues with the game. Do u have the update installed. Could be a bug with the base game and u may need to update it.
I personally have tried playing that scene without the 1.0.1 update and without. I do know that a 1.0.2 update has come out, but ive yet to find it anywhere

Ascillias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SWITCH USER MINI GUIDE:
1. Extract the zip file and place the romfs folder into atmosphere/contents/0100936018EB4000
I have done this but my game crashes when I start a new game or continue. The menus are in English. I have the Japanese cartridge on Switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

SWITCH USER MINI GUIDE:
I have done this but my game crashes when I start a new game or continue. The menus are in English. I have the Japanese cartridge on Switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best advice I can give rn to those who are experiencing the crashing issues with marriage is either try the 1.0.2 update and see if it fixes the bug. It may be a known issues that happens sometimes unfortunately, and it’s possible it was patched out with the new update. Other than that all I can say is delete ur old file and try a fresh save file.

If ur game is crashing because of the English patch then that means ur setup isn’t right. Double check to make sure ur install patch is in the correct order.

Reactions: PikminEater

Ascillias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best advice I can give rn to those who are experiencing the crashing issues with marriage is either try the 1.0.2 update and see if it fixes the bug. It may be a known issues that happens sometimes unfortunately, and it’s possible it was patched out with the new update. Other than that all I can say is delete ur old file and try a fresh save file.

If ur game is crashing because of the English patch then that means ur setup isn’t right. Double check to make sure ur install patch is in the correct order.
I have atmosphere installed and working but had to make a contents folder for this. I followed the one line of text and copied the folder as directed. Could it be something to do with having the physical cartridge for my switch? 1.5.1 version of Atmosphere for reference.

PikminEater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, 1.0.2 does not fix the marrage crash issue. I am unsure what actually causes this and it seems this problem is universal between both emulators and actual hardware. This seems to effect a handful of people too...

AlphaSixNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm goint to try playing on my actual switch from scratch. Cross my fingers it's just something in the emulator messing my saves and I'll get past ch1 this time.

HoudiniPablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone has bug third field didnt open and van only sell silver fishing rod? Currently using 1.0.1 english patch and the fixed 1.0.1 from matthew from

Teddybaer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I followed the steps but during step 3, there is no box to click on Yuzu under the game properties. It doesnt show up at all.
The romfs folder is in the 0100936018EB4000 folder, I opened the mod location folder through yuzu and put the romfs folder there, but it simply doesn't give an option to activate the patch under properties.
Any help would be appreciated! (edited post for formatting/clarity)

Last edited by Teddybaer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators