Misc ROM Hack Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town ROM PATCH crashing the game.

Deleted member 646107

OP
Trophies
XP
I recently made a rom patch that renames the "Doctor" to "Dr.Trent" and some minor script changes (specifically the same sx couple "birth" event which I have rewritten to resemble the "birth" event with Inari from SoS: Trio of Towns). However, I can't seem to get it to work as it crashes the game upon start-up. Other rom patches work perfectly though, like the Bed Recolor and the Brunette Brandon Recolor made by anshela from nexusmods. It was originally for the PC version of the game, but I was able to make it work for the Switch.

If it helps, these are the steps I did to make the rename rom patch:

1. I used nxdumptool to extract the romfs folder from my cartridge dump of SoS:FoMT.​

2. From here, I located the files which will be edited: /resource/message/ichigo_message_all_US.lzs

3. Transferred /resource/message/ichigo_message_all_US.lzs to my pc and used a tool called " SOS-FoMT-LZS" made by JokerDKha from github to unpack the .lzs file. Doing so gives me access to multiple .bin files which contains the words/scripts that I will be editing.​

4. I used HxD hex editor to edit the necessary .bin files.​

5. After successfully editing the files, I used the same tool from (3) to repack the .lzs file.​

6. I then placed the edited files in atmosphere/contents/0100ED400EEC2000/romfs/resource/message/.​

I'll attach the edited/unedited .lzs file if anyone's interested in testing them. For some reason, both files crash the game. I'm not sure if that particular file is just not moddable, or if it's conflicting with the other working rom patches. I can also provide the crash report if anyone wants it. Hopefully someone is able to offer their help. Thanks a bunch!

PS: I think it's also worth noting that I'm not that well-versed with game file editing as I am still learning. If I missed some steps or did something completely wrong, please don't hesitate to point it out. :D

Attachments

• lzs.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...