Homebrew 3ds game patching issue

Condor_raidus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i've been at this for awhile but im getting nowhere with google. i have been fed up with how slow my fates rom is running on console due to the ips patches so i decided to do shit the hard way that gets a faster rom (i fucking love fire emblem fates and using patches like gay fates really spices it up after 500 hours lol), now i went through the laborious process of dumping the rom from my console, unpacking it on my pc, physically putting in the files, rebuilding it and reinstalling it on the console. its that last step where shit goes wrong, im getting the error message:

failed to install CIA file.

Result code: 0xD8E0806A

Level: Permanent (27)

Summary: Invalid argument (7)

Module: AM (32)

Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

i have tried redownloading the rom (i own the actual game so i used the eshop redownload feature) and doing the whole process again, same error. i tripple checked that i did the process right and i know my card is good because obviously i was able to redownload the game with no issue. im at loss here, im getting pissed and nothing really is working. any help is good to me

just about forgot to mention i have a new 3ds xl and yes all shit is up to date, i've made certain of that

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable "game patching" in Luma3ds Menu. You access Luma3DS menu by holding "select" on boot. Make sure you have the patch files where they should be, usually in the sd:luma/titles folder, tho could be different. Unless it's a patched/modded cia, then you don't need to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto