ROM Hack Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life 60FPS IPS Patch

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Changes the framerate target in Story of Season A Wonderful Life (JP) from 30FPS to 60FPS.
This game has double buffer V-Sync meaning if 60FPS can't be maintained the FPS will drop to 30FPS. Some UI is double speed.
Emulator users
You don't need this patch, instead uncap the framerate on Yuzu using Control + U and limit game speed to 200% or higher for 60FPS or higher framerate respectively. The game will run at a higher FPS but not speed up besides the UI and text. Or try the .pchtxt or the cheat below as well. Not sure if text speeds up with them on emulator (doesn't on actual hardware)

I've linked a cheat below that does the same thing cheated by sds here:
https://github.com/ChanseyIsTheBest/NX-60FPS-RES-GFX-Cheats/tree/main/titles/0100936018EB4000/cheats

2023020506102700-CE2DACCF0629E4DD5A5C186D2873D7E0.jpg

To install extract to the SD card. The .ips patch must be inside a folder inside atmosphere/exefs_patches.

Thanks to @systemdev for helping me out with ASM and Ghidra

If you want to update this patch for future game versions be my guest.

Attachments

• Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life 60FPS JP v1.1.7z
    342 bytes · Views: 140
  • [Only Devs need this for updating to patch to newer version .pchtxt] Story of Seasons A Wonderf...7z
    323 bytes · Views: 141
Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

OmTsTM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey man thanks for the mod. I was trying to run it with the english translation mod but apparently it didn't work on yuzu. Any tip? I'm using the 1.0.1 version of the game.

keegokahgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version is this for? It doesn't seem to be working with 1.0.1 (using the English patch and on the latest atmosphere)

Edit: For whatever reason, menus and such are at 60FPS so I know it's working somehow although it remains at 30fps while in-game, even with near-max OC. Perhaps it has something to do with the English mod?

Last edited by keegokahgo,

bt2k1

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Changes the framerate target in Story of Season A Wonderful Life (JP) from 30FPS to 60FPS.
This game has double buffer V-Sync meaning if 60FPS can't be maintained the FPS will drop to 30FPS, luckily this game isn't very intensive so you won't need much OC. Text and UI is double speed but honestly its good for text because its rather slow.

View attachment 351143

To install extract to the SD card. The .ips patch must be inside a folder inside atmosphere/exefs_patches.

Thanks to @systemdev for helping me out with ASM and Ghidra

If you want to update this patch for future game versions be my guest.
how to install this on yuzu?

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey man thanks for the mod. I was trying to run it with the english translation mod but apparently it didn't work on yuzu. Any tip? I'm using the 1.0.1 version of the game.
how to install this on yuzu?
You can use the .pchtxt to install it on yuzu in the dev file but you don't need it instead uncap the framerate on Yuzu using Control + U and limit game speed to 200%. The game will run at a higher FPS but not speed up besides the UI and text but that happens anyway with my patch.
Which version is this for? It doesn't seem to be working with 1.0.1 (using the English patch and on the latest atmosphere)

Edit: For whatever reason, menus and such are at 60FPS so I know it's working somehow although it remains at 30fps while in-game, even with near-max OC. Perhaps it has something to do with the English mod?
If the game can't hit 60FPS it reverts to 30FPS you need more OC. The game is more intensive then I thought. Make sure you put the game in handheld mode using ReverseNX.

MynisterO

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
make sure you paste the file with "patch" format, then you need to go into properties of the game, and make sure you checkmark the "patch" on that list

Last edited by MynisterO,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1