ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt the cia with the full restoration patch but when the TLE cia is installed without the Hamtaro compatibility patch, the Hamtaro event does not occur, but when the Hamtaro compatibility patched TLE cia is installed on top of the restoration patched cia, I get the "...." and crashing during the Hamtaro event.
Yeah, you have to still use the compatibility patch. Which Hamtaro event is crashing for you? The first one? Do you get the dots at any specific moment?

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you have to still use the compatibility patch. Which Hamtaro event is crashing for you? The first one? Do you get the dots at any specific moment?

The first one. The whole event is all dots until the game crashes when Witchie and Dessie appear on screen.

I was also trying to build the update cia with hamtaro included, but the makerom wants something called exefs/icon.bin and exefs/code.bin, which are never made with the ctrtool using the instructions.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one. The whole event is all dots until the game crashes when Witchie and Dessie appear on screen.

I was also trying to build the update cia with hamtaro included, but the makerom wants something called exefs/icon.bin and exefs/code.bin, which are never made with the ctrtool using the instructions.
Hm that's really weird, I'm able to play it without problems? Which update cia do you have installed?

And when you're building the cia make sure to keep everything in the same folder. You should've gotten an exefs folder and a romfs folder from ctrtools, make sure you have those in the same place as the makerom.exe.

If you didn't know already, you can get the update cia with a Hamtaro compatibility xdelta patch on that iso site. You dont have to build it yourself if you dont want to.

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm that's really weird, I'm able to play it without problems? Which update cia do you have installed?

And when you're building the cia make sure to keep everything in the same folder. You should've gotten an exefs folder and a romfs folder from ctrtools, make sure you have those in the same place as the makerom.exe.

If you didn't know already, you can get the update cia with a Hamtaro compatibility xdelta patch on that iso site. You dont have to build it yourself if you dont want to.

I figured it out.

I'm rebuilding the patch because the xdelta patched cia is giving me crashes and dots.
I used the TLE cia up until now, when I finally met Witchie and decided to go up to Westown for Hamtaro.
Update: building the cia myself only caused a black screen on startup. I guess I'll never get to play :<

Last edited by RarePupper,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out.

I'm rebuilding the patch because the xdelta patched cia is giving me crashes and dots.
I used the TLE cia up until now, when I finally met Witchie and decided to go up to Westown for Hamtaro.
Update: building the cia myself only caused a black screen on startup. I guess I'll never get to play :<
I'm really sorry this is happening! You can play without the Hamtaro patch or only with the Hamtaro patch if you really want to. You can also still use layeredFS to install the Hamtaro patch over the TLE cia.

Were you getting dots only in the Hamtaro events or in the entire game?

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry this is happening! You can play without the Hamtaro patch or only with the Hamtaro patch if you really want to. You can also still use layeredFS to install the Hamtaro patch over the TLE cia.

Were you getting dots only in the Hamtaro events or in the entire game?
The dots are only in the Hamtaro event, though I can only watch half until it crashes from Dessie and Witchie appearing.

So the layeredFS patch for Hamtaro will work even without the compatibility patched TLE cia?

Last edited by RarePupper,

Gisella

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, thank you for the update! I used the Hamtaro patch, and I have rebuild and create the .cia update patch as you directed, but now there's no flowers at all and when I tried to talk to Stephanie, all she said is "...."... did I do something wrong?

Last edited by Gisella,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for the update! I used the Hamtaro patch, and I have rebuild and create the .cia update patch as you directed, but now there's no flowers at all and when I tried to talk to Stephanie, all she said is "...."... did I do something wrong?
You most likely didn't do anything wrong, the fix I put up earlier doesn't work like I thought it did. It's best to avoid the compatibility patch completely until I figure out a better solution.

The pregnancy event when married to Ford causes him to clone himself, it's pretty funny!
The pregnancy and child-birth events are completely untouched right now so they have lots of visual problems, but you'll still get your kid like normal.

Gisella

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You most likely didn't do anything wrong, the fix I put up earlier doesn't work like I thought it did. It's best to avoid the compatibility patch completely until I figure out a better solution.

I used the update you included in the file, and now it's working as it should! Just wanna let you know!

ferimycin

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello! Thank you very much for creating this patch, I've been enjoying the 5.0 release immensely over my vacation. I seem to have hit a small roadblock though; while participating in the Star Festival, after I attempt to make a selection for which marriage candidate I'm supposed to spend the festival with, the game just... freezes? Not completely, the animations and bgm are still fine, it's just that the screen remains stuck at that point and won't respond to any input.

Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that I'm going steady with Ludus? My character is male, I've got the New Neighbors DLC, no Hamtaro patch. I could upload a copy of my save file if that's more useful?

I can skip this festival no problem, just thought I'd help bring this little bug to your attention!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that I'm going steady with Ludus? My character is male, I've got the New Neighbors DLC, no Hamtaro patch. I could upload a copy of my save file if that's more useful?
Yeah, please upload a copy of your save when you can! I'll try to get this fixed for the next minor update.

ousamars

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi!! i'd like to thank you first of all so much for your hard work on making this patch, it makes me so happy to be able to date the bachelors as a male character and seeing all the changes and tweaks no matter how small

i think one thing to bring up that i noticed is that hinata still calls you a bride in his reverse proposal scene...and when i ask him to cook there's only a text box saying '......' right after eating-- i can't actually tell if that's a placeholder for future dialogue or if something's wrong? (the text box popped up for when yuzuki was supposed to congratulate me on my engagement to him as well and other instances as well)

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi!! i'd like to thank you first of all so much for your hard work on making this patch, it makes me so happy to be able to date the bachelors as a male character and seeing all the changes and tweaks no matter how small

i think one thing to bring up that i noticed is that hinata still calls you a bride in his reverse proposal scene...and when i ask him to cook there's only a text box saying '......' right after eating-- i can't actually tell if that's a placeholder for future dialogue or if something's wrong? (the text box popped up for when yuzuki was supposed to congratulate me on my engagement to him as well and other instances as well)
I'm glad you're enjoying it!

The dots shouldn't be there, but that's not your fault. It's most likely something I overlooked. I'll check it as soon as I can, but I've been really busy so that may take some time.

------
I also feel like I should give anyone waiting for the update a progress check: Unfortunately, it hasn't been going great.

Long story short, I lost all my work and I have to start over from the beginning on the next update. I've also been busy dealing with personal things.

Because of that I've decided I'm not going to create new pregnancy and birth events. I'll just be editing the vanilla ones for pronoun changes. It'll be easier for me, and I'll be able to get the update out faster. Then in the future I'll try to finish the custom events I had in mind.

I still don't know how long it will take me, but I'll try my best to have it done by the end of summer or the beginning of fall.

RoyPuppyPawz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm using Citra. I tried the patch and it didn't work. Does this still work for citra? Or Have I done something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm using Citra. I tried the patch and it didn't work. Does this still work for citra? Or Have I done something wrong. Thanks in advance.
What exactly isn't working? Make sure you installed the cia onto citra. If you've already done that and the game is crashing you may have used the wrong patches.

RoyPuppyPawz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is new to me but game works great. I click install Cia and then the patch. And it says can't install because its not a cia file. I have modded games before but citra i have never done. The game is installed and plays fine. But it wont patch. Thanks in advance. I love that you made this patch. ^__^

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is new to me but game works great. I click install Cia and then the patch. And it says can't install because its not a cia file. I have modded games before but citra i have never done. The game is installed and plays fine. But it wont patch. Thanks in advance. I love that you made this patch. ^__^
Okay, did you use any of the xDelta patches before trying to install the cia?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo