ROM Hack [WIP] Final Fantasy (eShop) Translation.

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think so but thanks to edpJoy now I can play Final Fantasy on PPSSPP for Android using the 3DS as a controller.

(Even don't having the handy second screen :/ )

Last edited by WiisleyU,

HeroPrinny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not good on the romhacking side of things. If someone can invent a way of extracting the files from the DPK file and a way to re insert them fully then it might be possible. Even then I need to know how to edit properly so text is displayed just right.

For now it's on hold.

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am tinkering as my time allows. Right now With no decent debugger to catch exceptions i have no idea why my repacked archives are crashing. So at this point its all conjecture. That aside I do not know ARM asm. We will need an arm assembly hacker as well to rewrite some text routines. Or figure out if the current one has a method to do variable width fonts. (needs more research essentially). So it is actually not on hold, but progression is really slow as currently its a party of just me.

Reactions: TwistedZeon

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of the moment no. I sadly got distracted with life. If I get a chance later today I will post up my code, I no longer have the resources to put towards this project :( Which stinks it looks like a fun version of the game!

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
As of the moment no. I sadly got distracted with life. If I get a chance later today I will post up my code, I no longer have the resources to put towards this project :( Which stinks it looks like a fun version of the game!

Might even be better than the PSP and PSX versions!

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just found this topic and sad to see this project is already dead. :/
I still hope SE will release a localized version some day...

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just FYI.
It's LITERALLY the same version as the one that's available on PSP.
But this time downgraded with the worse resolution of the iOS/Android port, and tacked on 3D gimmick.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF1%20logo_PSP--article_image.jpg

Progress:
PCK files have been extracted

To do:
Check new assets are translated.

Members:
Drwho0894 (Project leader and translator)
Any chance of making a CIA version for "those ISO and Chaos" sites?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu