ROM Hack [WIP] Final Fantasy (eShop) Translation.

windmill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since silvris is taking a while to post anything, im going to just batch change the US files to be the japanese ones, since the text is all there, just outside the normal box. probably wont take longer than an hour? compressing crown will be the longest part.

windmill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for non-story text now

once that's found, just remove the US from those, repack crown, and the entire freakin' game is in english

Edit: Only 34 files, but I gotta edit whats inside them so its more than just renaming them

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 3.png
    3.png
    266 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by windmill,

windmill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason the Camp File (Menu) is crashing, even on Citra. Not sure why. I'll release the story text patch later, trying to figure out why menus crash

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Only Story stuff is translated for now, gotta figure out why FM (Menus and such) files are crashing.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/348662
that's some big news, you should update the first post.
I'll give it a try sooner than later, thanks

edit: oh it's not your thread. How about making a new one?

Reactions: geoGolem

ThePokemontrainer

Trophies
XP
Country
China
This game uses an odd system of placing Characters (Letters or Japanese Characters) onto a CTPK file, then reading the positional data via the FIF File. The FIF then tells the MSG file where the characters are, to then display the message via the MSG file. Once some sorta editor is made for this process, we just need a script dump of PSP FF1, since they are identical, and to experiement and see what dialogue is what.

This was found out and posted before infact. Now that the Kuriimu Team has the files and such finished, I think we'll be on our own unless something relating to the DPK/PCK files stops working.

If wanted, I'll make a Discord or something, and get members from the communities I've worked with in getting this to work. I doubt OP is even active on GBATemp anymore, and it'd help to have a new thread or something, i suppose lol
It's amazing I think.The mobile version(Android & iOS)supports Chinese language.Can I replace the .PCKs of PSP ver. with the .PCKs of mobile ver. to make the PSP version translated.
Post automatically merged:

I am trying to translate the PSP version to Chinese.(After this finished I may translate the 3DS version).But there is no way to start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto