• Views 40,577
  • Replies 189

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sir-Fritz said:
Since when was wii64 bundled with homebrew channel, unless you PAYED for hbc.

It was included in earlier versions of HBC, and no, I didn't pay for it, I downloaded it from the official site, look it up. What was include was an early alpha release, hell I didn't even knew Wii64 existed till I saw it in HBC magically appears.

I don't pay for Wii, 360, DS and PSP games, why would I pay for a homebrew.

smk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried a few more games shown as Blue on the compatibility list and... here are the results:

Snowboard Kids 2's menus with the characters or anything 3D are just blacked out with perfect audio. The character select screen only shows the 1P icon and then the rest is black. I didn't try to play because I figured that if I went into the 3D HUB, it'd freeze or all of it would just be black as well. So, this is definitely NOT playable (especially with the opening to the game before the title screen, it flickers between black and showing what's going on constantly).

I tried the prequel, Snowboard Kids, and this one is actually playable. Choppy audio aside, and maybe a little bit slower than normal framerate, it is very playable and enjoyable. Kudos!

Mario Party freezes if you try to start an adventure (going through the pipe in the HUB). Definitely shouldn't be blue.

Mario Party 2 freezes right before you can start a board game AND much like SBK2, is black except for 2D icons and a flickering Toad. Definitely not playable.

As I said earlier 007 WINE has no audio and the gun sprite is not there.

All that said, the only two games I can play with this are SSB64 and SBK for now (which I am happy with). Though, in Beta 2, I hope to see MP, MP2, SBK2, and WINE working 100% perfectly because SBK2 > SBK by a long shot.

Just thought that people should know about these games before trying them.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Since when was wii64 bundled with homebrew channel, unless you PAYED for hbc.

It was included in earlier versions of HBC, and no, I didn't pay for it, I downloaded it from the official site, look it up. What was include was an early alpha release, hell I didn't even knew Wii64 existed till I saw it in HBC magically appears.

I don't pay for Wii, 360, DS and PSP games, why would I pay for a homebrew.
There was (is?) a pack of homebrew they used to have up, one of which was an old revision of Wii64 IIRC. So anyway, I confirm that he's not lying.
tongue.gif

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope I'll soon get the Mystical Ninja games up and running in later updates of this emulator, wii64 really making progress I must add!
yay.gif

Really impressive!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon stadium 2 does not work for me... when i go into free battle and choose the channgle cups rules my screen turns white... and that's the mode with random pokemon that are choosen for you and your vs buddy.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! I held off on testing this...I guess kind of figuring it would be slow. Not at all! Super Mario 64 plays near perfect! Really amazing work. I'll be playing with this one for awhile
smile.gif

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea this rocks. Some of the games that they said dont work work for me. Killer Instinct Gold is rocking. Just some slow down during fighting. Brings back some great times. Cant wait for beta 2.

FreytA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, how long do you wait until the games load? I have tried WWF War Zone (ntsc) and Castlevania (ntsc) but they just seem to hang on the title screen?
wacko.gif

Also, how do you return to the main menu? I never seem to be able to :S

Edit: Its all good, i think the WarZone rom was faulty and Castlevania doesn't even work! I got WWF No Mercy to work but the characters don't show up... need more roms i think!

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games work that you can't already inject? The cool part about this at least, is you can use the wiimote to play so you dont have to do that terrible combination of wiimote and then switch over to classic or game-cube controller

D

Deleted-171178

OP
kjaved373 said:
I haven't got time to check it out, but it looks good.

How good is it compared to the emulator for xbox1?
My Xbox1 arrived today, when I get Agent Under Fire and my Action Replay I will compare games.

wurz311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
kjaved373 said:
I haven't got time to check it out, but it looks good.

My Xbox1 arrived today, when I get Agent Under Fire and my Action Replay I will compare games.

to be honest, this emulator is not as far developed as surreal on xbox but it has surprised me in the speed it runs. on xbox lots of things need changing to get some of the n64 games like smash bros and perfect dark etc at passable speeds but still not playable without ram upgrade. this has a lot more potential than the xbox one even if some games that the xbox plays dontwork here.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta ask... Has anyone been able to make a working Channel with Wii64 -- forward or direct? All attempts I have tried have resulted in either a black screen-frozen Wii or some Error message leading me to think the issue may be with Wii64 itself.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WHat "error message" ?
before blaming Wii64, have you tried loading it through the HBC ?
Anyway, if it would be Wii64 itself, how do you explain so many people are playing with it right now, through a channel or not ? It's definitively something on your side...

Now, it's a common problem with emulators using DVDX on startup: if you have a bad install of DVDX (for example, one that use a custom IOS), the program will hang when it try to initialize DVDx

Generallly, uninstalling or reinstalling DVDx using the last HackMii installer fix this issue.
Or it could be a badly formatted SD...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kjaved373 said:

much much much better, i tried the xbox n64 emulator and 90% of the games don't run or run very slow, the Wii emulator is much betetr most of them run and at full speed too, the good thing about this emulator is that you don't have to mess with settings to get 1 rom working you just load and go.

Lynkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried Pilotwings 64. It's basically the same problem as the injected version. There is a graphical bug below the character obstructing the view and there are white bars around the screen. The framerate is cut in half too make it hard to play sometimes.
Beside that the game runs well, it's a great start.

Mario 64 works perfectly except slow framerate on the title screen and sometimes there is a slight drop in fps in game.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Uh ?
In the compatibility list ( not the one on GBAtemp, the other one) it says 40 winks and silicon valley both work perfectly but :
In 40 winks, we can only see the character, the rest is pitch black
In Silicon Valley, the graphics are all glitchy 0.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(