Are there any Wii games left to translate? What would you like to see!

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of @Brand Newman and the work of others, fans of Wii games have the ability to play many games in English that they couldn't in the past. Last year alone saw four translations released. Amazing!

So that made me think, what games are left? While there are many games in the library, below are the titles that may be worthwhile to translate (saying nothing of their quality!).

Bomberman Blast - while many users are likely familiar with the Wiiware version. There is also a retail version that was released only in Japan. This version has a story mode in addition to the multiplayer offered in the Wiiware version. Trailer.
Dragon Quest: Battle Road Victory - a game that celebrates Dragon Quest history. The game was ported from an arcade game and apparently had some tie-in with playing cards in Japan (but they weren't required). Trailer.
JAWA: Mammoth to Himitsu no Ishi - a game where you play as a caveman trying to help you tribe. Explore the expansive world and forage for food while looking for quests. Combat is rhythm based. Trailer.
Pole's Big Adventure - a platformer with lots of humor thrown in for the Wii's Wiiware service. Nintendolife gave it an 8. Humor can be difficult to translate and I'm not sure how much text there is. Trailer.
Ougon no Kizuna - an action RPG developed by Jaleco. Supposedly, the game ran out of funds before being completely finished. Trailer.
Sorcery Blade - a turn based RPG for the Wii's Wiiware service. Visuals are below even Wii standards but remember the developers had 40mb to work with! If anything, this game stands out by having town full of Miis. What's that you say...Miitopia? Hmm. Trailer.
Toshinden - a 3d fighting game. Similar in name to 'Battle Arena Toshinden' but apparently nothing alike. Trailer
Twinkle Queen - a 2d fighting game based around girls from eroge games. Couldn't find a trailer but here's some gameplay.

Surprisingly, I didn't see too many worthwhile games left. And some might argue we've hit the bottom of the pool in terms of quality. I've only read impressions on several of these titles. For instance, while Kizuna always interested me, the few impressions I found were not very favorable. While I'm not a DQ fan, I can't deny that Battle Road Victory seems high quality (even if a little simple). I wish the combat in Jawa had more depth but the rest of the title looks pretty fun.

Any of these interest you? Anything I left out that you'd like to see translated?

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize Captain Rainbow was totally finished at this point.
Good point, it is not. I haven't played through my copy but I think I heard it was around 90% complete.

There are a handful of games that still have a partial translation. For instance, while Europe saw a release of Inazuma Eleven Strikers, there were two sequels published for Wii in Japan only. Both of these have had some form of partial translations (image only it seems). Sengoku Basara 2 Hereoes is another. I did not list any of these.

Ok so... I gotta say, but don't take my word on it since I'm already busy with Chibi robo : someday in the future, if nobody else has done it meanwhile, I'd like to have a look at kizuna. 🤫
Oh it would be very interesting to see that if you are able to get to it someday. Thank you again for all the Wii translations you've produced!

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finishing up Captain Rainbow would be great!

A very weird Japan-only game is Kiki Trick. It's an audio game made by Rhythm Heaven / WarioWare Team, but I think it's based on spoken sentences. So a translation would be a re-dub.

Also I know it's a GC game, but GiFTPiA really needs a translation

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finishing up Captain Rainbow would be great!

A very weird Japan-only game is Kiki Trick. It's an audio game made by Rhythm Heaven / WarioWare Team, but I think it's based on spoken sentences. So a translation would be a re-dub.

Also I know it's a GC game, but GiFTPiA really needs a translation
featuring my crappy voice overs

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be great to see translations of European PAL games that were never released in English. Here are some examples:

Taxi 3: Le Jeu [GXQF41]
Germany's Next Top Model 2010 [SG3DSV]
Germany's Next Top Model 2011 [SGQDSV]
TV Total Events [STVDSV]
Mein neues Leben Abenteuer auf Tropicana [SD8DSV]
Fort Boyard [RFYFMR]

Last edited by fandango,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be great to see translations of European PAL games that were never released in English. Here are some examples:

Taxi 3: Le Jeu [GXQF41]
Germany's Next Top Model 2010 [SG3DSV]
Germany's Next Top Model 2011 [SGQDSV]
Mahjongg Party [SPMDRM]
TV Total Events [STVDSV]
Mein neues Leben Abenteuer auf Tropicana [SD8DSV]
Fort Boyard [RFYFMR]
Have you ever actually played any of these..? They don't exactly sound like the pinnacle of entertainment. (But of course stranger things have happened.)

Tsuyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top of my list would be 428: 封鎖された渋谷で (428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de). Next would be Tales of Graces.

I'd also like 信長の野望 (Nobunaga's Ambition) and 三國志 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms), but realistically I don't know why anyone would bother, as they had official English releases on PS2.

The Japanese releases of Dance Dance Revolution (Hottest Party and Furu Furu Party) have a few songs that aren't in the NA/EU releases. They would be very easy to translate. The menus are identical to the menus in the English releases, and 95% of it is just katakana versions of English anyway. So the only other thing to do would be the song titles.

I know a little Japanese and I've tried some other titles, like Gundam 0079 and Kamen Rider, and I would say: don't bother with those. They are only one step up from shovelware.

The truth is, Japan for once got the short end of the stick. On the Wii, they missed out on more decent games than we did.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I did some work on this game in 2020. I did all the collection items, and even did the two unused items. (Kyon's stationery, and Day of Sagittarius game disc), the first tutorial, and all the menu scrolling text. I stopped when I realized the length of the story and how machine translating wasn't worth the trouble. The game also has a minigame that relies entirely on voice acting.

I wanted to offer this translation to find someone to do Haruhi no Heiretsu (what the actual link leads to) which definitely requires a good translator that knows the source too. This plan never went anywhere.
9JwauEC.png

r2ByuC5.png

NOTE: This is pink, yes, everyone knows but it clearly said red in the Japanese text.
5a0Nebs.png

BehEFOj.png

NOTE2: A code is used to access these items by holding B when selecting the last two items.
xfo2VPo.png

vM0EzBP.png

Last edited by SuperrSonic,

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
The top of my list would be 428: 封鎖された渋谷で (428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de). Next would be Tales of Graces.

I considered both of them for a while, but they were officially localized and released on other systems, so a solution to play them already existed.

Although I must say 428 doesn't play with a mouse on PC, which is a missed opportunity for a game like that! (Quite the reason why I'm doing Chibi-Robo right now : using the pointer on these games always feels like a big improvement to me.)

(PS : I'm actually not sure 428 plays with the pointer on the Wii, if anyone could confirm or refute?)

Last edited by Brand Newman,

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever actually played any of these..? They don't exactly sound like the pinnacle of entertainment. (But of course stranger things have happened.)
Well someone else liked my suggestion, so I'm not alone in thinking that sometimes trashy games are good for the soul! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade