• Replies 189

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
J0ker said:
i cant get tooie to run. but killer instict runs on my system strangely enough. but its too slow. this is with dynamic recompiler btw...

if i set the emulator to that other graphics option, all games run, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo slow...
pretty much nothing you can do at the moment you can either put up with the agonizing slow speeds (i wouldn't) or wait for beta 2 for some improvements (i am)

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
J0ker said:
i cant get tooie to run. but killer instict runs on my system strangely enough. but its too slow. this is with dynamic recompiler btw...

if i set the emulator to that other graphics option, all games run, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo slow...
pretty much nothing you can do at the moment you can either put up with the agonizing slow speeds (i wouldn't) or wait for beta 2 for some improvements (i am)

is there any word on when beta 2 is coming out?

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Beta 2 won't be out for a good while I think, I'm pretty sure they said a while back that they'd go back to working on WiiSX after releasing the first Beta of Wii64.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance any release of this emulator will let Donkey Kong 64 run at full speed? I know it's one, if not the hardest N64 game to emulate but I don't see it coming to VC and the only other way to emulate the game is on PC, which I don't like to use for Emulation.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
bytor said:
Beta 2 won't be out for a good while I think, I'm pretty sure they said a while back that they'd go back to working on WiiSX after releasing the first Beta of Wii64.

I hope they do stick to that and work on wiisx next. That emu shows a lot of promise and many games are fully playable already (just need the sound to be ironed out).

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dartdude6 said:
Is there any chance any release of this emulator will let Donkey Kong 64 run at full speed? I know it's one, if not the hardest N64 game to emulate but I don't see it coming to VC and the only other way to emulate the game is on PC, which I don't like to use for Emulation.
A compromise would be to connect your Wiimote with bluetooth to your computer and connect the computer to your TV with HDMI this way it would be the same as playing DK64 on the Wii but with more speed and HD resolution.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xander150 said:
dartdude6 said:
A compromise would be to connect your Wiimote with bluetooth to your computer and connect the computer to your TV with HDMI this way it would be the same as playing DK64 on the Wii but with more speed and HD resolution.
Your missing the point. I don't want to boot up my PC just to play DK64. I don't even want to play DK64 with the Wiimote (I just wanted to play with the Gamecube controller). That's almost the exact setup I have now though (PJ64 on 32" HDTV using a VGA Cable. Using a X360 controller to play). Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyways, will we ever have DK64 on this full speed?

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems too:

when I load wii64 via HBC, it loads to bootmii...

I have bootmii installed as an IOS as I cannot as boot2

Is that the reason?
Might I have an IOS conflict? as HBC, bootmii, and DVDx (I think), are installed using IOS36 (based on the most recent update of HBC via hackmii installer)

EDIT:

I figured it out: apparently I am a dinosaur on version 3.2U and a wiikey2 modchip:
I can only use DVDx with such modchip if I preinstall patchmii (which creates a custom IOS 254). Then, DVDx uses this IOS 254 to install the DVD stub.

The problem is: bootmii as an IOS installs as IOS254: thus blocking my wii64 from executing correctly: It when selected under this circumstance loads: you guessed it: bootmii.

So I have to choose between appropriate DVDx function on version 3.2U OR bootmii as IOS: which seems to be useless as an IOS anyway for brick protection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi