Wii64, Glide, and Not64 with Two Player Games?

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ho guys. So I just ran into an interesting problem I've never ran into before until my buddy came over and wanted to play Diddy Kong Racing. He wanted to play two player, so I opeden Wii64 first to see if it ran well. Not to skip to the end, but all three emulators ran it exceptionally well, that is not the issue. The issue was when I turned on my WUPC for the second player. I got back into the game and my Gamepad became inoperable. I then discovered that my WUPC was controlling both player 1 and player 2 simultaneously! I opened Wii64 Glide and found the same issue. Then I found that Not64 was the only one that worked because it doesn't have Gamepad implamented. I plugged a Wii Classic controller into my Wiimote and we were off to the races. I have never played a two player game before, so I have never ran into this issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks guys.
Post automatically merged:

Ok. I've done some more tinkering around. I discovered you can change the inputs in a menu. By putting "None" in player 1, you cut out the Gamepad entierlly. You can then set input one and two to "Wiimote" and it will find the WUPC as one and the Wiimote (with Classic as I have it) as two. We can then play two player games from there, but it still brings up my question. What about the Gamepad? My guess is that the software sees the Gamepad as player one when the homebrew starts. But when you turn the WUPC on, it sets itself as player one, overwriting the Gamepad. And if you turn on a Wiimote, it sees the WUPC as one, so it takes it's next slot at two. So does that mean the Gamepad won't work as player one if there are any other controllers connected? Again, has anyone ran into this? Thanks.

Last edited by Sowden,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer