Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

zimonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
smile.gif

Can someone PLEASE help me out with getting this game to work for me ?
Prefferably on a disc?
I have a hard modded Wii, WiiNinja chip.
Wasted like 5 discs already...
I don't know much about CIOs or anything,no homebrew channel.
I did try to get the game working off USB sd card, but wii wouldn't recognize it...do i have to add anything along with the game for it to run ? (wads ?)
I downloaded & tried the newest scrubbed & patched version of the iso as well, but doesn't work.
Please any help would be wonderful.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently playing PAL release with modchip without any problems.

Any reason why I should switch to NTSC version?

Also, New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_PAL_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND just got nuked for not.working_disc.error. So there are currently no working patched main.dol for NTSC version?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:

Also, New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_PAL_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND just got nuked for not.working_disc.error. So there are currently no working patched main.dol for NTSC version?
wink.gif

[UNNUKE] [ New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_PAL_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND ] [ working_your.system.must.have.trunca.bug_install.ios.53]

Ran this patch on orig. iso & so far so good. 4.1u wii/wasabi/trucha signed ios's.

i'm not playing it, my sons are ps.
wink.gif
guess they'll come yelling if it crashes but not yet.
yay.gif

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You need to download WBFS Manager (v3.0) that I have.
2. For this game (.34GB), 1 GB SD should do the job.
If u have 4GB+, it will become USB.
3. install WBFS Manager 3.0 (or other WB File Manager)
4. Choose to format your SD card (BTW, your SD/HD should be FAT32 format first).
5. Drag your ISO to the right window.
6. Choose Add Drive tab to copy to your SD/HD.
7. Take your SD to the Wii, put it in slot.
If 4GB+ or USB Drive, you have to connect to the left USB connection (assume your Wii is stand up and
power on/off button is on the lelf.
8. Assume you have Neogama v6+ (7,8..), choose to run game from SD/USB, browse to the game you want to run
Set any configuration or whatever.
9. press A to run the game.

pecavuk said:
Can someone please give me a tutorial on how to play this from a USB/SD card?

zimonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martin88 said:

so if i dl & burn the PAL release, should it work on disc on my chipped NTSC console ?
that would be awesome, please let me know

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Found this in a forum I visit, can't link you because it hosts Wii games, hope this helps:
QUOTE said:
New Super Mario Bros is finaly working with the dvd on a softmod without a chip / hardmod and without a external hardrive!

Is working with every backup / iso and on every Firmware!

So scrubbed versions are working!
Also fixed en patched versions are working.

you don't need to use a alternet dol.

and you don;t have to delete the update within the game

What do you need to get this working:

cios 38 rev 15
cios 222 v4 (for uloader 3.0)
uloader 3.1 (u need 3.1, lower doesn't work, remember, tho you are using this usb loader you dont need to have a external hdd)

any copy of New super mario bros works.

here is the download:http://www.mediafire.com/?dzfjoqjmiyj (i used this download on a PAL wii edition i dont know about NTSC editions)

order of installation:

first install cios 38 rev 15 and then install cios 222 v4. Then reboot your wii and start through HBC the uloader 3.1.
Once you've started uloader 3.1 press the 2 button on your wii mote to start the dvd function.

one the dvd function is started you can edit the config menu. click on config!
select cios 249 en click on OK! and start the game.

IVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE LAST NIGHT!
working for me so far

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have download both PAL and NTSC version. The PAL version seems that you have to do a lot to get it working. The NTSC version with the simple fix seems to be much easier.

I dont know the PAL fix can be applied to NTSC version. I would not think so and I would think they should not post here.

I got my fix from Newsgroup and it work great with USB. You dont have to install new CIOS or use other loader.

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used the IND patch on the Qwiif release and I can confirm that it's working on my 4.1U Wiikey. I also ran it through WiiBrickBlocker after I patched it to get rid of the update. You probably still have to update and trucha sign IOS53 and IOS60. This can easily be done with Dop-IOS mod through the HBC. After doing the above I just click on the Disc Channel and it loads up perfectly fine. I can also confirm that the PAL save converted to NTSC save mentioned on Page 4 of this thread works too.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
since most are complaining about NSMB Wii not working from disc it might be time for you to get a usb hard drive and format it to WBFS.

Why? I have 100's of backup that work just fine. Why would I want to go thru the trouble of a drive for just ONE GAME?!!!
QUOTEmost usb hard drives are real cheap, seen some for as little as $50 some places and most any work with the usb loader.
it's a lot simpler to invest in one especially if you're gonna pirate games anyway think of it as cheaper in the long run since you don't have to keep buying spindles of DVD-/+R and you don't end up with coasters do to new copy protection schemes.
i haven't regretted my investment one bit best money i ever spent on my Wii was on my usb hard drive.

What?! one update security and the need for a drive? Come on! DVD-r = 34 cents - drive = $80. That means over 210 dvds for one USB drive. Can 200 discs fit on one USB drive? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Chicken Little. Let's just get a fix!!!

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akuma147 said:
I used the IND patch on the Qwiif release and I can confirm that it's working on my 4.1U Wiikey. I also ran it through WiiBrickBlocker after I patched it to get rid of the update. You probably still have to update and trucha sign IOS53 and IOS60. This can easily be done with Dop-IOS mod through the HBC. After doing the above I just click on the Disc Channel and it loads up perfectly fine. I can also confirm that the PAL save converted to NTSC save mentioned on Page 4 of this thread works too.
i found this "patched ios60" wad on megaupload, downloaded it, installed it and got a error. searched and someone else got the same error. someone says to reinstall preloader which i did and it fixed the error.

i then did what you said "trucha sign ios53 with dop-ios" and now i can load the game through disc channel. thanks!

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have not investigated the USB drive size and WII ISO. For this game, the real size is only .35G. You are wasting the whole/almost 4G on your DVD-5.

For the sake of argument, 200 of this game will only take up around 70 GB. With the sale 80 bux can buy you 1 TB hd and you can put a tons of games to it.

Now if the game size is 3 GB+, DVD-R maybe better choice.

The WBFS will tell you how much space a game takes on a disk. I only wish the WBFS manager should be able to let
me drage the ISO and tell me the size without requiring to have a valid WBFS drive first.

QUOTE said:
What?! one update security and the need for a drive? Come on! DVD-r = 34 cents - drive = $80. That means over 210 dvds for one USB drive. Can 200 discs fit on one USB drive? The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Chicken Little. Let's just get a fix!!!

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a flatmii, a 4.2u (safely updated, all my other games work, meaning i updated the wad files by hand)
I have ios70 trucha signed.
I used DOP-ios8 to trucha sign ios53
I used the patch for the usa iso to patch it. I load the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso in flatmii, the game gets detected in the disc channel, i start it, black screen.

The patch i used is New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND

any idea?
unsure.gif

BTW i tried the Gecko OS method with the cheat file provided on page 6 or 7 of this thread (yes... converted it to a gct file), Gecko OS finds the cheat file, applies it, loads the game, green screen...
frown.gif

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goober22 said:
wolffangalchemist said:
since most are complaining about NSMB Wii not working from disc it might be time for you to get a usb hard drive and format it to WBFS.

Why? I have 100's of backup that work just fine. Why would I want to go thru the trouble of a drive for just ONE GAME?!!!
QUOTEmost usb hard drives are real cheap, seen some for as little as $50 some places and most any work with the usb loader.
it's a lot simpler to invest in one especially if you're gonna pirate games anyway think of it as cheaper in the long run since you don't have to keep buying spindles of DVD-/+R and you don't end up with coasters do to new copy protection schemes.
i haven't regretted my investment one bit best money i ever spent on my Wii was on my usb hard drive.

Because you're missing out on the advantages of using a USB Loader such as ease of carrying your whole collection of games with you. You don't have to shuffle tons of discs to look for the title you want to play. You know it will boot and not get a DRE. Loaders such as USB Loader GX has synopsis of games and game ratings (not sure if they implemented ratings for play so you can restrict R games for adults only if you have children). Load time is faster.

And no this isn't for one game. The trouble you hear people just trying to get this one game to work with discs should tell you enough. At what point is it worth it to patch every disc manually or use some kind of cheat code because you're still using last year's technology to boot your games? Backing up games is much easier than backing up to SD then dump it on your computer so you can burn it. Loading games for ISO is much faster onto HD than it is to burn. And yes you can fit over 200 DVDs onto a 500GB HD. But if you're going to be so cheap about it, I just hope the next time you have a question about how to get the game to work by disc that people will just ignore you.

c00ld00d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the iso with the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND patch. It updated my wii to 4.1U as expected. Then I keep getting "An Error has occurred.. Please eject" error. I have a wiikey v1. Old backups still work fine. Trying to get this game to play without installing HBC. Please advise.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
c00ld00d said:
I patched the iso with the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND patch. It updated my wii to 4.1U as expected. Then I keep getting "An Error has occurred.. Please eject" error. I have a wiikey v1. Old backups still work fine. Trying to get this game to play without installing HBC. Please advise.
Impossible. You MUST use homebrew channel as you need to use dop-ios to trucha patch ios 53 and whatever ios 4.1 uses.

ryoaska1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm another person who's been out of the game for a while and seeing all this new crap you have to do now to get some games (only this one?) to work...

Before I jump into sifting through all of the crazy and sometimes conflicting info on how to get this to work, can someone just answer one question for me? I have an ntsc wii w/ 4.0u, wiikey v1 w/ 1.9s, no soft mods or homebrew stuff. All I want to know is, if I buy this game retail and pop it in, will it work fine, give me an error, or worse- give me an error and brick me. If I havent' supplied enough info to answer that definitively, just tell me what info I left out. Thanks

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
ryoaska1 said:
i'm another person who's been out of the game for a while and seeing all this new crap you have to do now to get some games (only this one?) to work...

Before I jump into sifting through all of the crazy and sometimes conflicting info on how to get this to work, can someone just answer one question for me? I have an ntsc wii w/ 4.0u, wiikey v1 w/ 1.9s, no soft mods or homebrew stuff. All I want to know is, if I buy this game retail and pop it in, will it work fine, give me an error, or worse- give me an error and brick me. If I havent' supplied enough info to answer that definitively, just tell me what info I left out. Thanks
Retail version works fine but it will prompt you to update.

c00ld00d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
c00ld00d said:
Impossible. You MUST use homebrew channel as you need to use dop-ios to trucha patch ios 53 and whatever ios 4.1 uses.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to install HBC via bannerbomb.
Since I will be installing HBC, what is the easiest way to play this game? Reading up on dop-iso and trucha patch seemed confusing (and dangerous).
If i just use NeoGamma R8Beta7 as a backup launcher, will it play the unpatched game without installing any iso or cios?

TIA

ryoaska1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Retail version works fine but it will prompt you to update.

Thanks for the quick response. If I let the game update (or do it through the system menu instead if that works) will this have any adverse affect on being able to run everything that's worked for me so far with my current setup, or is there any other known reason I wouldn't want to do this right now other than just staying on the safe side for future changes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter