Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
triassic911 said:
dediz_seixas said:
I have a 4.2U Wii with Cyclowiz 3.6. Installed IOS53(patched) and IOS70(patched), applied the FIX and wiibrickblocker (to remove update).

But the game give me a black screen with "An error was occured. Please eject the game...."

Only works using neogamma. Does anybody know how to run the game using disk channel?
You are obviously doing something wrong. Did you patch those ios' files using dop-ios? That's what I used. It runs from the disc channel for me. I'm running a 4.0u wii with a wiikey2.

Worked!!! I was using a outdated version of IOS 61! Now it is working from diskchannel!!!

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dediz_seixas said:
triassic911 said:
dediz_seixas said:
I have a 4.2U Wii with Cyclowiz 3.6. Installed IOS53(patched) and IOS70(patched), applied the FIX and wiibrickblocker (to remove update).

But the game give me a black screen with "An error was occured. Please eject the game...."

Only works using neogamma. Does anybody know how to run the game using disk channel?
You are obviously doing something wrong. Did you patch those ios' files using dop-ios? That's what I used. It runs from the disc channel for me. I'm running a 4.0u wii with a wiikey2.

Worked!!! I was using a outdated version of IOS 61! Now it is working from diskchannel!!!
I was in the same boat as you. I have a chipped wii, updated everything and it still didn't work.
I updated IOS61 to see if that would help but all it did was turn my homebrew channel upside. The game still cuts off after a few minutes.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

This right here made me lol.

I agree that the SNES and NES had some of the best Mario platformers around, but none of them supported 4 players.
And before you played the game? Huh... It's like your post is backed by fact or even founded opinion.

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND
CODEiNDEPENDENT --
________/\ ____________
/___/ \/ / \
/ / / / / /
/ / / / / /
/ /____/ \ __/_________/
/___/ \/ Proudly Presents:

Game - New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND

Release Date - 11.16.2oo9
Platform - Nintendo DS
Country - USA
File Size - 2x2mb
File Name - ind-nsmbw
Supplier - mediafire

This is a small fix for the new protection nintendo added.
it was quite easy to make with ImageDiff and allows you to
fix the protection. basically it's the same as the
main.dol replacememt method that has been floating around
with a much easier to apply method of patching.

Keep all console releases original and make patch fixes!
newer methods of loading games will eventually make this
fix not needed.

Thanks so much to QwiiF for the great release!

If you like the game, BUY it!

Everyone in the scene

especially the robots in LocalNet who dont follow the Wii
scene at all and nuked QwiiF like complete idiots!

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
Zarxrax said:
Hmm, I have a wiikey, and I haven't installed any system updates in a while. I remember a while back an update came out that was supposed to uninstall the homebrew channel and all that stuff, so I never updated.

Can someone point me to some links or something to get me on the right track as to what I need to do in order to try this game?

hehe I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't had my wii turned on in a few months. It's a completely different scene now, I've started reading all the FAQ's and stuff again working my way towards knowing how to get this to work. Have fun
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
People are wearing some serious rose tinted specs if they think that if a mario game was released with these mechanics, level design and difficulty back in the NES or SNES days that it would have been viewed by people at the time as in any way sub-standard.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucking give up. Stupid Nintendo wins this time. I have downloaded multiple loaders to use on my patched main.dol ISO and still no luck. Fucking green screen then a reboot of the Wii. I am so pissed off right now.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xamphear said:
To convert your PAL save to an NTSC save

Use Savegame Manager to extract the save for NSMBW.
Reboot wii, and delete your NSMBW save via system channel save game manager.
Open SD card on PC, go to "savegames" folder. Rename the folder so that instead of ending in e50 it ends in e45.
Go into that folder, and open wiimj2d.sav in a hex editor. Change the 4th character from a P to an E.
Save file, put SD card back into Wii.
Play NSMBW NTSC once and let it create a save file.
Go back into Savegame Manager and inject the save back to your Wii's memory.
Enjoy!

Get Savegame Manager here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

worked perfectly, thanks!

thiagolr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
a quick question....
does this game save your progress while you are playing (if yes, when?) or is it like the old mario games that you need to finish in one shot?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dediz_seixas said:

i have a d2pro9 chip in mines with 4.1 firmware. i using the "anti piracy" crack found from this page but i got the same black screen as you. is there any way to fix it for me? maybe updating my existing IOS files?

triassic911 said:
QUOTE(dediz_seixas @ Nov 15 2009, 09:31 PM) I have a 4.2U Wii with Cyclowiz 3.6. Installed IOS53(patched) and IOS70(patched), applied the FIX and wiibrickblocker (to remove update).

which ios do i need to get from using dop-ios?

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using 4.2U with WiiKey. I've got no Idea what's a IOS, Trucha, Neogamma or anything else
biggrin.gif

Is this working with Disc ChanneL?

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the New Super Mario Bros Wii USA main dol FiX Wii iND.zip running around but curious if anyone has taken the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF iso file, patched it then brickblocked it? I'm running a 3.3U Wii with an original Wasabi chip and curious if the game requires the update?

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xboxrules said:
I've seen the New Super Mario Bros Wii USA main dol FiX Wii iND.zip running around but curious if anyone has taken the New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF iso file, patched it then brickblocked it? I'm running a 3.3U Wii with an original Wasabi chip and curious if the game requires the update?

I can't tell if it actually does anything. I run the file under DOS and .exe and nothing happens unless the game is now patched and it doesn't tell me.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
B-Blue said:
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!
You haven't even played the damn game! Believe me even if you're a "H4RD C0R3 GAM3R", you'll find this game to be incredibly HARD!
World 9 is just ridiculously difficult. You're gonna die so many times and that damn green block will appear and you'll be tempted to use it just to see how to pass a certain part of a level. I guess they weren't lying about this game being "devilishly difficult".

Ah, no. It's not that difficult. It's about as hard as Super Mario World, but easier than SMB1, 2, 3 and The Lost Levels. The statement of the user you quotes is just pure BS though.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
highanimalhouse said:
xboxrules said:

I can't tell if it actually does anything. I run the file under DOS and .exe and nothing happens unless the game is now patched and it doesn't tell me.
There should be a .bat file that you need to run. It will then create a copy of the iso called qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso. I just patched mine, but I won't be able to try it out until tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.