Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am having issues with this game, it loads fine, starts to play fine, but as soon as I start world 1-1..it will go through a little of it and then it will say "Error occurred please eject disk then turn off the wii" so what do I have to do..I am on a NTSC Wii, and I really really want to play this game. I have been waiting a month for this game

akalic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CaptainDreadful said:
All of this shit is crazy confusing.
Someone needs to post a tutorial for us Modchip Only users. All of this trucha and IOS talk is confusing to the lot of us and well, a step by step explanation would be most awesome. I mean, I thought you just had to patch the game and it'd work, but apparently that's not the case because I have a patched version of the PAL game and I can't get that thing to start up.

I have the original WiiKey and the latest system menu firmware. I've been able to play every game perfectly...except for this one. Can someone shed some light?

+1

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Wiikey and the talk about IOS isn't that confusing, find a tutorial on google that describe step by step on how to do it, only skills required is knowing how to read.

Also, does anyone have a 100% completed save with all star coins found and all 5 stars on save file for the US version? I so don't want to redo the whole game I did already with pal version.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already beat the PAL version and have all the star coins up to World 6, but I guess I'm gonna start over since I prefer to always have the proper version for my region.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maduin said:
I've already beat the PAL version and have all the star coins up to World 6, but I guess I'm gonna start over since I prefer to always have the proper version for my region.

I already beated the PAL version with 100% completion.

I so don't want to do the whole game again. So I am getting a 100% completed USA file when available just to replace PAL with USA.

Some star coins are insanely hard to get (not to find, just to get) the Star Coins in 9-7 were in plain sight, but the 2nd and 3rd one pissed me off.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just finished the regular game (world 8, beaten bowser) with 2 players in a little over 4 hours.
This game is very good, but way too easy, espacially if you have several players. It's almost impossible to die, every single time one of the player is going to die, he just have to press A et the other come and save it. Because of that, we only died in 3 levels over the 8 worlds.
Moreover, the boss fight are mostly variations from "super mario bros 3's boss and the longest it took us to beat one was 30 seconds. Congrats to bowser castle in which we weren't even touched by an enemy and to bowser himself wich was beaten in 5 seconds with the "helicopter"-hat.
I know there are still the star coins and world 9, but this is bonus to me, the main game is done

So in the end, fun game but lightyears away from the difficulty of the nes and snes marios.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:

i'm resisting doing the same. i want to do it over, but it's just silly since it works fine pal. if it had online it would probably matter.

Teivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never understood why anyone thinks the original SMB is hard. I can beat it in a little over 6 minutes. I know I'm not that fast at it, either. Lost levels is only a little harder, but again, it isnt challenging. Simple pattern recognition and memorization, since there is no randomization to any of it. If you play the game and press the buttons at the same time every time, you'll always succeed. I think SMW is probably the hardest, if you take into account all the star road levels and the COOL and SUPER levels and such.

xamphear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To convert your PAL save to an NTSC save

Use Savegame Manager to extract the save for NSMBW.
Reboot wii, and delete your NSMBW save via system channel save game manager.
Open SD card on PC, go to "savegames" folder. Rename the folder so that instead of ending in e50 it ends in e45.
Go into that folder, and open wiimj2d.sav in a hex editor. Change the 4th character from a P to an E.
Save file, put SD card back into Wii.
Play NSMBW NTSC once and let it create a save file.
Go back into Savegame Manager and inject the save back to your Wii's memory.
Enjoy!

Get Savegame Manager here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 4.2U Wii with Cyclowiz 3.6. Installed IOS53(patched) and IOS70(patched), applied the FIX and wiibrickblocker (to remove update).

But the game give me a black screen with "An error was occured. Please eject the game...."

Only works using neogamma. Does anybody know how to run the game using disk channel?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
dediz_seixas said:
I have a 4.2U Wii with Cyclowiz 3.6. Installed IOS53(patched) and IOS70(patched), applied the FIX and wiibrickblocker (to remove update).

But the game give me a black screen with "An error was occured. Please eject the game...."

Only works using neogamma. Does anybody know how to run the game using disk channel?
You are obviously doing something wrong. Did you patch those ios' files using dop-ios? That's what I used. It runs from the disc channel for me. I'm running a 4.0u wii with a wiikey2.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akalic said:
CaptainDreadful said:
All of this shit is crazy confusing.
Someone needs to post a tutorial for us Modchip Only users. All of this trucha and IOS talk is confusing to the lot of us and well, a step by step explanation would be most awesome. I mean, I thought you just had to patch the game and it'd work, but apparently that's not the case because I have a patched version of the PAL game and I can't get that thing to start up.

I have the original WiiKey and the latest system menu firmware. I've been able to play every game perfectly...except for this one. Can someone shed some light?

+1

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802

Read the first post. This is written for the PAL release, but the procedure is pretty much the same for NTSC.

Here's what is different from that post if you are dealing with the NTSC version:
The offset in the main.dol for hex editing the NTSC version is: 0x001AB610 - 0x001AB613
A Gecko GCT file for the NTSC release can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmddyyutzzj

Limitations:
If you are running 4.2, region free is broken in the disc channel. So use the game for your region or an alternate launch method.
Once you hex edit the main.dol file, the disc will be trucha signed, so you need for your system IOS to be trucha patched for the game to launch. This is described in the above post.

I can verify that this procedure is functional with 4.1. Since 4.2 did nothing but break things, I'd avoid it.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i got lucky..guess i dont need to make a backup since my cousen went out today and picked up to legit copies from future shop
smile.gif

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I have a wiikey, and I haven't installed any system updates in a while. I remember a while back an update came out that was supposed to uninstall the homebrew channel and all that stuff, so I never updated.

Can someone point me to some links or something to get me on the right track as to what I need to do in order to try this game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol