Homebrew What's your reason for wanting arm9/arm11 control?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dynarec and the ability to patch things that Nintendo keeps stabilizing so I'm not forced to update.

As for 3DS piracy, I much prefer retail carts and failing that eShop purchases. I've even gone ahead and bought an NTSC retail copy of Virtue's Last Reward for the english dubbing that EUR countries didn't get, when I could just as easily pirate it on my 9.2 console. But I rather an actual game than pirating.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is like asking why would you want a scene in the first place.
A hacking scene about any thing will always wants to blow open that certain thing, and on the 3ds, to do so we need ARM9. ARM11 can be used for getting to it though, that's why people keep mentioning that
Why would I ARM9?
DLCs, since I can't seem to get any more eShop cards.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is like asking why would you want a scene in the first place.
A hacking scene about any thing will always wants to blow open that certain thing, and on the 3ds, to do so we need ARM9. ARM11 can be used for getting to it though, that's why people keep mentioning that
Why would I ARM9?
DLCs, since I can't seem to get any more eShop cards.
Then this isn't a scene, because that's what the people but not the more experienced hackers want.

3 Weeks ago I probably wanted arm9 and arm11 to install CFW and use it for piracy/better gba emulation, now that I changed my 3ds I just want some kickass Homebrew lol.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Then this isn't a scene, because that's what the people but not the more experienced hackers want.

3 Weeks ago I probably wanted arm9 and arm11 to install CFW and use it for piracy/better gba emulation, now that I changed my 3ds I just want some kickass Homebrew lol.
Exactly, this is barely a scene

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Features of pre 9.3 on my updated 3ds. Updatable emunand, cia installation, cfw, and yes piracy. I want a media player that can play videos streamed from a network. Where's that? I was certain that once the 3ds was hacked we'd have 3d video and 3d emulators. Almost as disappointing as not having hover boards yet.

S

swaggon

I've even gone ahead and bought an NTSC retail copy of Virtue's Last Reward for the english dubbing that EUR countries didn't get

I feel your pain. I saw the trailer in English and was disappointed when I bought it in Australia and it had no English. I hope someday someone will be able to create a patch for HANS using the voice data from the NTSC version.

Before anyone asks, regular HANS language and region spoofing doesn't work; there's no English on the cart.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 9.0 N3DS just for the PSX emulation. EDIT: And NAND backups.

I'm also waiting on completely custom FW, like the Linux project that might be dead.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly just want it to digitize my carts and do dev work. Yes, that's still "piracy", but I don't care. And for those of you saying braindump can dump carts, no, it can't. It can dump the romfs and .code. It can't dump the exheader, the banner, the icon, update partitions, manuals, or any other things that a legit cart dump have. Oh, it also can't dump private headers. Just for those of you interested.

Reactions: Mrrraou

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would personally like better access to the hardware so we can get some better homebrews. Right now I find the horsepower behind the homebrew to be extremely lacking and making them just meh. I have no reason to use them when they are all already on my PSP and run way better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?