Hardware Want to trade my Switch for PS4 VR what are your guys views?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For $1100 I want more than a VR expansion to Doom, honestly Bloodborne would be a more convincing selling point at this stage.
I have 88 games in my SteamVR library, several more in my wishlist. I can list them all if you'd like. Not all of them are long-form or release version, but still, neither XB1 or PS4 has even 1/8th that number of games that interest me. Most of the games on those consoles are on PC, and a few of them are even on Vive.

And yes, the hardware's expensive, that's true of PC gaming in general, but it's every bit worth it because the games are far cheaper and better than console versions. SteamVR is still Steam, so obviously a lot of VR games can be had super cheap as well.

Truth be told, $1100 isn't even that much money, relatively speaking. I had to drop $2000 on car repairs just recently, and that money doesn't even get me anything tangible. On purchases like Vive, which I pre-ordered for $800, I usually use part of my tax refund. Didn't have that luxury for the $489 Pimax 8K HMD Kickstarter that I backed. Thankfully today was the day it finished and also a pay day.

Last edited by Xzi,

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have 88 games in my SteamVR library, several more in my wishlist. I can list them all if you'd like. Not all of them are long-form or release version, but still, neither XB1 or PS4 has even 1/8th that number of games that interest me. Most of the games on those consoles are on PC, and a few of them are even on Vive.

And yes, the hardware's expensive, that's true of PC gaming in general, but it's every bit worth it because the games are far cheaper and better than console versions. SteamVR is still Steam, so obviously a lot of VR games can be had super cheap as well.

Truth be told, $1100 isn't even that much money, relatively speaking. I had to drop $2000 on car repairs just recently, and that money doesn't even get me anything tangible. On purchases like Vive, which I pre-ordered for $800, I usually use part of my tax refund. Didn't have that luxury for the $489 Pimax 8K HMD Kickstarter that I backed. Thankfully today was the day it finished and also a pay day.

I would be very impressed if all of those 88 games were VR exclusive, long-form, polished and finished releases. I have nearly 300 games in my Steam library but a lot of that is fluff I've bought for a dollar or two (those darn sales).

I mean, $1100 might not be much to you and that's great but hardly a solid argument, I think a good pair of headphones is worth $300 does everyone else?
Value perception is different from person to person and at the moment I think the public's perception of VR is that it's too expensive.
Heck people are hesitant to buy a $400 Switch even when it's got two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time on it.

Last edited by farmin,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Heck people are hesitant to buy a $400 Switch even when it's got two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time on it.
Aussie is the only place this might be the case, nowhere else can keep a single unit on shelves. Then again I hear some games are like twice the price down there, so y'all have it rough in general when it comes to gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1