Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
But my emunand works perfectly, I can play any cia games if this i what you're asking :x
(And i've installed the devmenu with PBT-CFW)
If you're using GW, don't you want to try out the 2.5.2 version of rx? (different rxTools.dat, and firmware.bin - 943K).
If you're now playing with rx, that's a milestone for your effort.
What 2.6 offers includes region-free (only cia, and cia manual would break) and AGB(tricky iirc).
Well hope those solve your problem. (Don't ask me about AGB, I only play DS ones with the cart or 3DS ones on my console with rx).

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're using GW, don't you want to try out the 2.5.2 version of rx? (different rxTools.dat, and firmware.bin - 943K).
If you're now playing with rx, that's a milestone for your effort.
What 2.6 offers includes region-free (only cia, and cia manual would break) and AGB(tricky iirc).
Well hope those solve your problem. (Don't ask me about AGB, I only play DS ones with the cart or 3DS ones on my console with rx).

I am only on Rx, so I try out the 2.5.2 Version and let you know what happened

Edit : the 2.5.2 version works well, and don't need to load anything, I should pass on 2.6 now?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am only on Rx, so I try out the 2.5.2 Version and let you know what happened

Edit : the 2.5.2 version works well, and don't need to load anything, I should pass on 2.6 now?
Only if you really need AGB or region-free working. Or else yes you can try it (before doing so first backup your rxTools.dat and firmware.bin in case that fails).
Tutorial? Well.. (If mine doesn't work, ask other about this)
Get Newest release build of rxtools. Mine around 12MB.
Get firmware.bin using python by executing the cdn_firm.py offered by the newest version. It should be around 3MB.
Remove RxTools folder on your SD root. place new files in.
Load it via mset or other, and it would try to decrypt+patch the firm and save those to rxtools folder.
If all those passed and no freeze. It would say "Press A blabla", press A, then hold R to get to menu, start emunand.
Next time it should not try to install anything, and you don't need hold R to see the menu now.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only if you really need AGB or region-free working. Or else yes you can try it (before doing so first backup your rxTools.dat and firmware.bin in case that fails).
Tutorial? Well.. (If mine doesn't work, ask other about this)
Get Newest release build of rxtools. Mine around 12MB.
Get firmware.bin using python by executing the cdn_firm.py offered by the newest version. It should be around 3MB.
Remove RxTools folder on your SD root. place new files in.
Load it via mset or other, and it would try to decrypt+patch the firm and save those to rxtools folder.
If all those passed and no freeze. It would say "Press A blabla", press A, then hold R to get to menu, start emunand.
Next time it should not try to install anything, and you don't need hold R to see the menu now.

i havn't backup them, is it a problem?

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem booting rxTools - First time user

I realized that there is a support thread so I am moving this over from the release thread.

This is the first time I've tried rxTools, though I have been using Gateway and Pasta for a while so I am no noob.
I am also trying this on an O3DS XL running 4.2.0.

When I try to boot into emuNAND, I get past the splash screen (or the menu if I press R), but then I get a black screen and it never boots into emuNAND, even though Gateway boots into it just fine.

I have tried reinstalling the Gateway mset, and then the rxTools mset. I have also tried booting with the browser and booting into Gateway classic mode first with no luck.

I initially did not have my firmware.bin or key file in place, but now I have those there and get no errors when booting so I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT
Of course, now I get it working. I ended up deleting the rxTools folder on my SD card and it started working.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not a big problem, since you could get them from older release and CDN.

That's good to hear. BTW, you could create those dbs/title.db in case you want to use FBI and not those files present.
it don't want to be downloaded back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally got it, but the AGB patch still not work

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small issue with a 9.2E 3DS, I downgraded the MSET using rxTools 2.6.
I tried to install the profile exploit using the web browser but it doesn't work. (An error has occured, back to the home menu but I can't launch rxtools threw the DS profile...)

I don't have a DS flashcart.
How can I make it work? I don't understand why it isn't working...

Otherwise, are there benefits to unlink sysnand and emunand?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Small issue with a 9.2E 3DS, I downgraded the MSET using rxTools 2.6.
I tried to install the profile exploit using the web browser but it doesn't work. (An error has occured, back to the home menu but I can't launch rxtools threw the DS profile...)

I don't have a DS flashcart.
How can I make it work? I don't understand why it isn't working...

Otherwise, are there benefits to unlink sysnand and emunand?
Mset downgrade on 9.x isn't supposed to be supported yet.

Reactions: OctopusRift

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was thinking that it was supported.
Is there a firmware on which we can downgrade MSET to launch RxTools and launch retail cartridge which were used with the last encryption key? (Games like Pokémon)

Reactions: OctopusRift

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to inject fbi in my sysnand,but got an error. Tried to format sysnand, but when it done the formatting the H&S app was gone from sysnand!
Tried to format again, inject again, but the app is gone. I had a NAND backup, but when I launched gw to restore it, I got an error: downgrade is not available for your region yet - JAPAN.

ANYONE? =(
Up

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, on another topic can i downgrade my browser with rxtools 9.8 emunand?
You can downgrade the browser on any firmware at all, with pretty much any CIA manager. Either semi-directly with the latest FBI, or by deleting the browser first, then installing the old version (downloaded with 3dnus).

The question is... Why? There is nothing currently that uses the spider exploits that will possibly work inside of 9.8 emunand (which, I believe uses the 9.6 NATIVE FIRM)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can downgrade the browser on any firmware at all, with pretty much any CIA manager. Either semi-directly with the latest FBI, or by deleting the browser first, then installing the old version (downloaded with 3dnus).

The question is... Why? There is nothing currently that uses the spider exploits that will possibly work inside of 9.8 emunand (which, I believe uses the 9.6 NATIVE FIRM)
I'm still using ARCode on 9.6, so I suppose it works on 9.8 as well (of course with downgraded browser)

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a lot of installs with an X the installation went fine with all dots.
I didn't do anything, just instal over install over install until it done.

Strange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up