Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It should be hardware related. Since in rxtools it only READs the HID and never changes it.
Since after you restarted the console it is still going mad (Restart it fully would certainly clear all patches), i don't think it's related to rxtools now.
>> If that is really done by rx, WTF it might even lead to Auto-CFW after restarts. (I'm afraid this could be a joke for a long time).
>> Hope that could be fixed soon after you reached the repair shop.

Just called them and they said that it could be humidity, since it has been raining these days, they said maybe some water leaked, and it always causes trouble with delicate joystick boards. They will check my 3DS tomorrow anyway, but they are sure that sometimes, when the problem is that, is gone after some time.

Reactions: Syphurith

blaze862

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to be able to use mset exploit on my v6.1 O3ds. So i downgraded system settings and used the rxinstaller.nds with my flashcart. Problem is when i try and do the exploit it makes both screens go a grey colour and boots me back to the home menu and gives an error which causes my 3ds to turn off. any solutions?

not sure if this is relevant but when i boot up rxtools using browser and it install the initial files (initial? it happens everytime?) there are 2 x's followed by one dot at the end.

Last edited by blaze862,

petitcrab

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have an O3ds 4.5.0.0E browser ver. 1.7585 with nothing installed "virgin", i don't own a flascard, the internet browser is working, but GW 3.2.2 (launcher.dat) wont launch only the black page loading....the same with rxtool 2.6.

So can someone, tell me if smth wrong with my browser ver or did i miss some process before...

Thanks everyone !

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an O3ds 4.5.0.0E browser ver. 1.7585 with nothing installed "virgin", i don't own a flascard, the internet browser is working, but GW 3.2.2 (launcher.dat) wont launch only the black page loading....the same with rxtool 2.6.

So can someone, tell me if smth wrong with my browser ver or did i miss some process before...

Thanks everyone !
Are you sure about the system version? If you are, there is NO WAY that it is virgin. a -0E at the end means there is no browser installed.

BUT if your browser is working (at all), you should be able to use Ninjhax to load FBI. Look at the title list on 3dbrew and get the title and version number for the browser that is supposed to be in a 4.5E system. Use 3DNUS to download it, and install it using Ninjhax/FBI. It should then show something like 4.5.0-10E and you will have better luck launching with the browser (although I don't recall if it was meant to launch with a browser on 4.x...)

It's really no help, though, if you don't have a cubic ninja cart.

petitcrab

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know, i ve tried to update, but I'm in China at the moment, the 3ds is originaly from EU, so the update has failed, but somehow some parts had probably change the system, especially the browser, because it wasn't working because of the "update in order tu use....blabla" before so now it's working, the 3ds might be semi brick or something, still is 4.5.0.0E...thanks for your anwser i ll check to fix this updating bug.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, i ve tried to update, but I'm in China at the moment, the 3ds is originaly from EU, so the update has failed, but somehow some parts had probably change the system, especially the browser, because it wasn't working because of the "update in order tu use....blabla" before so now it's working, the 3ds might be semi brick or something, still is 4.5.0.0E...thanks for your anwser i ll check to fix this updating bug.
That'll do it. A partial update confuses many exploits. You will see errors such as unknown kernel version and what not. If you have CN and can launch it, the very latest version of FBI will make fixing these things much easier. Instead of telling you something exists and refusing to install, it will now give you a prompt and allow you to chose to install anyway. I would open 3dnus, put: 4.5.0-10 in the title block, EUR in the version block, and hit download. Put all of the .cia files into a folder on the memory card, then navigate to that folder in FBI, make sure it is set to install to NAND, and press the button combo to install all CIAs.

But... was the partial update over the internet? And when? If any important things like NATIVE FIRM were updated over the internet, then no exploit will work, and you may be screwed as far as using CFW...

Edit: Just FYI (in case you didn't know) a crappy connection will affect your update, but your location doesn't matter in the slightest. The eshop your system uses and the address it looks at for updates is built into the system. You couldn't normally update with China firmware by accident or even if you wanted to. That takes CFW and NAND dumping and stuff...

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself use a Windows 8.1 x64. My PATH is
Code:
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;F:\DevelopRoot\Generic\CMake\bin;D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\PortableGit\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseSVN\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseHg\;F:\DevelopRoot\Repository\.npm;D:\Python27\;D:\Python27\Scripts;D:\Msys2\usr\bin;D:\Msys2\mingw64\bin;;
and I have devKitARM defined as global.
Code:
D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITPRO%
/D/STATION/devkitPro

D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITARM%
/D/STATION/devkitPro/devkitARM
So... you are actually using make.exe from msys2 instead of devkitARM. Interresting. That must be the case, since even though %DEVKITPRO% and %DEVKITARM% are defined globally, that doesn't mean anything until make.exe starts reading through a makefile and devkitPro\devkitARM\bin is not in your path. hmmm...

Reactions: Syphurith

petitcrab

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That'll do it. A partial update confuses many exploits. You will see errors such as unknown kernel version and what not. If you have CN and can launch it, the very latest version of FBI will make fixing these things much easier. Instead of telling you something exists and refusing to install, it will now give you a prompt and allow you to chose to install anyway. I would open 3dnus, put: 4.5.0-10 in the title block, EUR in the version block, and hit download. Put all of the .cia files into a folder on the memory card, then navigate to that folder in FBI, make sure it is set to install to NAND, and press the button combo to install all CIAs.

But... was the partial update over the internet? And when? If any important things like NATIVE FIRM were updated over the internet, then no exploit will work, and you may be screwed as far as using CFW...

Edit: Just FYI (in case you didn't know) a crappy connection will affect your update, but your location doesn't matter in the slightest. The eshop your system uses and the address it looks at for updates is built into the system. You couldn't normally update with China firmware by accident or even if you wanted to. That takes CFW and NAND dumping and stuff...

Thanks Urherenow, i'll get CN and check if FBI can fix this problem, then use NUs to get the right version -10E. Thanks again.

blaze862

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to be able to use mset exploit on my v6.1 O3ds. So i downgraded system settings and used the rxinstaller.nds with my flashcart. Problem is when i try and do the exploit it makes both screens go a grey colour and boots me back to the home menu and gives an error which causes my 3ds to turn off. any solutions?

not sure if this is relevant but when i boot up rxtools using browser and it install the initial files (initial? it happens everytime?) there are 2 x's followed by one dot at the end.

bump

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have a look at the `feature/configrator.c`. Those dots are surely descripted.
These are the steps taken. One successful gives you a '.'(dot), otherwise 'x'.

1.Find firmware.bin
2.1st Stage of Create patched native_firm. This decrypts the NATIVE_FIRM title and loads the patch from it pack.
3.2nd Stage of Create patched native_firm. Seems to be patching.
4.3rd (Final) Stage of Create patched native_firm. Now writing Patch one to disk, as rxTools/data/0004013800000002.bin.
5.Create AGB patched firmware. It would deal with those patched and normal ones. It was the most place where failures pop up, Luckily it isn't now.
6.Create TWL patched firmware.
7.(Final) Write the Date and Time that the configurator is modified, to rxTools/data/data.bin. This is to ensure it is updated.

So for me your problem is quite weird. It doesn't matter with AGB. It just failed to write the patched native firm to your SD..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I myself use a Windows 8.1 x64. My PATH is
Code:
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;F:\DevelopRoot\Generic\CMake\bin;D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\PortableGit\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseSVN\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseHg\;F:\DevelopRoot\Repository\.npm;D:\Python27\;D:\Python27\Scripts;D:\Msys2\usr\bin;D:\Msys2\mingw64\bin;;
and I have devKitARM defined as global.
Code:
D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITPRO%
/D/STATION/devkitPro

D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITARM%
/D/STATION/devkitPro/devkitARM
Yes I've installed devKitPro to D:/STATION/devkitPro. My MSYS2 is D:/Msys2. Python be D:/Python27. And Portable version of Git.

- devKitPro, with devKitARM and libctru installed. This is used for the main part.
- normal GCC. you could just install MINGW, or even MSYS2. This is be used to compile some tools' source such as xor, cfwtool.
- compiled armips to be placed into your devKitARM/bin.. This one is used to generate bin file as what 'AS' does, however differently.
- Surely you could get Python2 also.
- Also, you could confirm your PATH to see if there is devkitARM/devKitPro/MINGW ones.

If you prefer to have the latest version built yourself, get a portable version of git. You could know to clone/checkout/pull sometime after (help yourself with web).

Basically I don't need to patch anything, my SD card is a 32GO samsung, this can be caused by this?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Basically I don't need to patch anything, my SD card is a 32GO samsung, this can be caused by this?
Well no it can't be, unless it even failed when loading packs. Which is not so .. possible for unable to write to sd.
I'm afraid that is what you saw really [...x ] or [....x ]? also does it halt (AGB one would get simple 'x' but still be able to run, with an older one)?
Those should not happen when using the latest one fetched from github.com (release).

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to inject fbi in my sysnand,but got an error. Tried to format sysnand, but when it done the formatting the H&S app was gone from sysnand!
Tried to format again, inject again, but the app is gone. I had a NAND backup, but when I launched gw to restore it, I got an error: downgrade is not available for your region yet - JAPAN.

ANYONE? =(

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well no it can't be, unless it even failed when loading packs. Which is not so .. possible for unable to write to sd.
I'm afraid that is what you saw really [...x ] or [....x ]? also does it halt (AGB one would get simple 'x' but still be able to run, with an older one)?
Those should not happen when using the latest one fetched from github.com (release).

I used the one from github yeah :x
It mark this :
[- - - - X - -]

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys.
So, I wanted to play GBA games on my 3DS.
I have a downgraded 4.5 O3DS, a Gateway, a Blue Card, and a 9.8 emuNAND ready, so I figured rxTools 2.6 with the MSET method would be the most hassle-free way for me to do it.
Note that I only tried all this with GW's emuNAND, cause I didn't wanna mess with the sysNAND. After I finally booted to rxMode, I install some downloaded GBA .cia games with FBI. I try to boot each of them, and I'm getting a screen which says "An error has occurred. Shut down your system." and all that.
I tried installing the patched AGB_FIRM just in case 2.6's new "no patch" feature was bugged (?), no luck.
I tried rxTools MOD and switch to "GBA Mode" (I don't even know why I'd need to do that, but heck), no luck.
I always get the error.
I'm lost. :(

Last edited by yoshinatsu,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I used the one from github yeah :x
It mark this :
[- - - - X - -]
If you're really using the latest, this tells me AGB FIRM patch failed.
Roxas have updated the release for about 4 or 5 times. That's why i said really the latest.
If really using latest, this AGB issue is able to be dealt by rxtools.
What i saw before the latest is [....x..]. and with latest one [.......].

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're really using the latest, this tells me AGB FIRM patch failed.
Roxas have updated the release for about 4 or 5 times. That's why i said really the latest.
If really using latest, this AGB issue is able to be dealt by rxtools.
What i saw before the latest is [....x..]. and with latest one [.......].
So I should try with an oldest firmware of Rx ? ?

Hey guys.
So, I wanted to play GBA games on my 3DS.
I have a downgraded 4.5 O3DS, a Gateway, a Blue Card, and a 9.8 emuNAND ready, so I figured rxTools 2.6 with the MSET method would be the most hassle-free way for me to do it.
Note that I only tried all this with GW's emuNAND, cause I didn't wanna mess with the sysNAND. After I finally booted to rxMode, I install some downloaded GBA .cia games with FBI. I try to boot each of them, and I'm getting a screen which says "An error has occurred. Shut down your system." and all that.
I tried installing the patched AGB_FIRM just in case 2.6's new "no patch" feature was bugged (?), no luck.
I tried rxTools MOD and switch to "GBA Mode" (I don't even know why I'd need to do that, but heck), no luck.
I always get the error.
I'm lost. :(

You should install the GBA on sysnand too

inbetween123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Setup: EUR O3DS / sysNAND FW 4.5 / emuNAND FW 4.5 / rxtools 2.6 (most recent release)

Can't inject FBI to emuNAND

Hi,

I have a problem with injecting/installing FBI to emuNAND via the rxtools menu, which in turn makes it impossible to install .cias in the first place, if I'm not mistaken.

I've searched already regarding this issue, but to no avail.

I've got the most recent rxlauncher.dat and the newly downloaded firmware.bin on my SD card, and also successfully let rxtools do its initial install.

I can successfully start rxtools 2.6 via the Spider exploit.

When I try injecting FBI to emuNAND I get the following error:

" Error: Couldn't find H&S TMD/content "

I don't have a clue what the problem is here or what exactly is missing.

I was able to successfully install FBI to sysNAND, and I'm able to launch it from sysNAND via the H&S app too when in rxmode.

I tried restoring the emuNAND H&S app via rxtools too, but I get the same error there.

When I try to open the H&S app now in RX3D emuNAND, I get the " An error has occurred " error.

I also tried updating emuNAND while in RX3D emuNAND mode via the settings, thinking it maybe might help, but I get an error there shortly after it starts the updating process, telling me to hold the power button and shut down the system.

I have no clue what I might be doing wrong, anyone have any idea? :angry:

Last edited by inbetween123,

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well if you only want to test out the emunand, do nothing with those region-free. You can have 2.5.2 version instead.
Once you're sure about the functionality, you could try upgrade it to 2.6 or above.

But my emunand works perfectly, I can play any cia games if this i what you're asking :x
(And i've installed the devmenu with PBT-CFW)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)