Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

AngelOfDeathEC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
That's weird.. So apparently the problem is not completely fixed. 3 dots after the x means it's the AGB and TWL stuff that failed to install correctly. I guess the latest fix didn't fix it for everyone.

Do you guys have AGB_FIRM patch installed? And are you both on o3ds?
O3ds, and about AGB_FIRM...never heard before and never installed anything with that name.
My procedure was: Format O3DS 4.3 FIRMWARE --> FORMAT EMUNAND with Gateway --> install rxtools 2.5.2 --> inject fbi h&s --> Install Cia's OK --> then update to 2.6 (with the new firmware.bin 3.40mb) --> got an X everytime rxtools starts from sysnand browser xploit.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
O3ds, and about AGB_FIRM...never heard before and never installed anything with that name.
My procedure was: Format O3DS 4.3 FIRMWARE --> FORMAT EMUNAND with Gateway --> install rxtools 2.5.2 --> inject fbi h&s --> Install Cia's OK --> then update to 2.6 (with the new firmware.bin 3.40mb) --> got an X everytime rxtools starts from sysnand browser xploit.
Did you try it before any injection?

rah why this weird things happened on me ??
so i've to wait until roxas make another update ?
(and i'm on MSET if change something, but I don't think)
I don't think that's the problem. I'm pretty sure it worked for others who had the same set up.. Only @Roxas75 could help I guess

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, but what about linked NANDs, Do I need linked sysNAND with emuNAND or unlink them?

It should work if you have a devmenu on your sysnand, and the rest of the apps on your emunand, then you've to install the GBA game on sysnand and emunand.
The GBAs.cia should work after

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Region: USA | System: O3DS | Sysnand: 9.2 | Emunand: 9.8 | Linked nands
Testing: v2.6

The installation went through smoothly, my previously installed CIAS are working fine, also updates and DLC. I even installed a Kirby Ambassador game and it works flawlessly. Btw everything is installed on Emunand only so I haven't had to mess with sysnand at all. Also tried Gameyob emulator and it works perfectly as well.

Some issues I have experienced with some cias though:
1. Puyo Puyo Tetris (J) displays a bugged banner (crossed by a big X) on the home menu, otherwise works fine.
2. 3D Gunstar Heroes (J) used to hang with v2.5 and now it works great but it also could be because I'm using another cia, still the banner looks fine on this one too (?)
3. Sonic Lost World refuses to load for some reason. I have tried both EUR and USA versions, both of which were even supposed to be patched for Region Free. It displays a black screen after the 3DS logo but I can go back into home menu just normally. Is this because of rxmode or is there any known issue I should know regarding this particular CIA?

Reactions: pratamaaudi

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
@Roxas75:
I finally decided to jump in and try the latest v2.6.

1- The game manuals appear on Homescreen but don't work anymore, either for US or EU games (they worked for rxTools_v2.5 (patched signatures) though)

2- Installed a EU game on EMUNAND (Shantae v00.00) and it played OK.
On reboot, I got a black-screen several times.
Finally, it booted to EmuNand, but the game icon was gone. I pressed Power then Home and it re-appeared, gift-wrapped.
I then installed its EU update (v01.01) and it also played OK.

So for me, installing US games is the best alternative until this RF bug is fixed.
Also, please fix the manual for the games.

My console: O3DS 4.4.0-10U / 9.8 UNLINKED

Thanx

Last edited by Pacman`,
Reactions: Syphurith

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
1- The game manuals appear on Homescreen but don't work anymore, either for US or EU games (they worked for rxTools_v2.5 (patched signatures) though)
Yeah I confirm this. Tried running Pokemon shuffle manual from rx emunand and it crashed. It worked fine on rx sysnand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be asked to create a new thread, but I'll start here since it is both rxTools and support related. How the heck are people building rxTools from the github source? What OS and compiler versions are you using? I can build every other 3DS project just fine, including Pasta, so I know my devkitPro setup is correct, my armips.exe works and my gcc.exe from my mingw install works fine renamed to cc.exe. I also tried using the suggested make.exe with the 2 .dll files it requires.

The fact that so many separate .exe tools are built with mingw stuff during the process is only part of the problem (wouldn't it be easier to make that stuff separate, so you build it first with mingw, move the result somewhere in the rxtools source, then the rxtools will build with nothing other than devkitPro required?). I am convinced that I will have to examine the multitude of makefiles to make any sense of what the issues are, but it is ridiculous how it is set up. The readme.md States a few straightforward things. I did those things. Simply typing make should just build it, but it does not.
Could someone who builds this on windows 8.1 please start off with posting their PATH (environment variables)? And maybe take it a step farther by mentioning the versions of tools and libraries they are using (devkitpro, mingw, libctru, etc...)

Last edited by urherenow,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's weird.. So apparently the problem is not completely fixed. 3 dots after the x means it's the AGB and TWL stuff that failed to install correctly. I guess the latest fix didn't fix it for everyone.

Do you guys have AGB_FIRM patch installed? And are you both on o3ds?
O3DS, i've not install any patches.
Have a look at the `feature/configrator.c`. Those dots are surely descripted.
These are the steps taken. One successful gives you a '.'(dot), otherwise 'x'.

1.Find firmware.bin
2.1st Stage of Create patched native_firm. This decrypts the NATIVE_FIRM title and loads the patch from it pack.
3.2nd Stage of Create patched native_firm. Seems to be patching.
4.3rd (Final) Stage of Create patched native_firm. Now writing Patch one to disk, as rxTools/data/0004013800000002.bin.
5.Create AGB patched firmware. It would deal with those patched and normal ones. It was the most place where failures pop up, Luckily it isn't now.
6.Create TWL patched firmware.
7.(Final) Write the Date and Time that the configurator is modified, to rxTools/data/data.bin. This is to ensure it is updated.

So for me your problem is quite weird. It doesn't matter with AGB. It just failed to write the patched native firm to your SD..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--TL;DR--
I myself use a Windows 8.1 x64. My PATH is
Code:
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;F:\DevelopRoot\Generic\CMake\bin;D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\PortableGit\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseSVN\bin;F:\DevelopRoot\SCM\TortoiseHg\;F:\DevelopRoot\Repository\.npm;D:\Python27\;D:\Python27\Scripts;D:\Msys2\usr\bin;D:\Msys2\mingw64\bin;;
and I have devKitARM defined as global.
Code:
D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITPRO%
/D/STATION/devkitPro

D:\STATION\rxTools\rxtools>echo %DEVKITARM%
/D/STATION/devkitPro/devkitARM
Yes I've installed devKitPro to D:/STATION/devkitPro. My MSYS2 is D:/Msys2. Python be D:/Python27. And Portable version of Git.

- devKitPro, with devKitARM and libctru installed. This is used for the main part.
- normal GCC. you could just install MINGW, or even MSYS2. This is be used to compile some tools' source such as xor, cfwtool.
- compiled armips to be placed into your devKitARM/bin.. This one is used to generate bin file as what 'AS' does, however differently.
- Surely you could get Python2 also.
- Also, you could confirm your PATH to see if there is devkitARM/devKitPro/MINGW ones.

If you prefer to have the latest version built yourself, get a portable version of git. You could know to clone/checkout/pull sometime after (help yourself with web).

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Have a look at the `feature/configrator.c`. Those dots are surely descripted.
These are the steps taken. One successful gives you a '.'(dot), otherwise 'x'.

1.Find firmware.bin
2.1st Stage of Create patched native_firm. This decrypts the NATIVE_FIRM title and loads the patch from it pack.
3.2nd Stage of Create patched native_firm. Seems to be patching.
4.3rd (Final) Stage of Create patched native_firm. Now writing Patch one to disk, as rxTools/data/0004013800000002.bin.
5.Create AGB patched firmware. It would deal with those patched and normal ones. It was the most place where failures pop up, Luckily it isn't now.
6.Create TWL patched firmware.
7.(Final) Write the Date and Time that the configurator is modified, to rxTools/data/data.bin. This is to ensure it is updated.

So for me your problem is quite weird. It doesn't matter with AGB. It just failed to write the patched native firm to your SD..
Thanks. I got confused and thought there were 8 dots, and that his X was on the 5th dot.

Unless he mixed up the position of the X, his problem is definetly weird

Reactions: Syphurith

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not sure if this has something to do with RXtools, but I was dumping nand files when suddenly my D-ád gone crazy, restarted the console and now it keeps pressing down the whole time, and the buttons feel like they always felt, soft and not pressed or screwed over.

Will take it tomorrow to a repair shop to see if it's hardware related.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm not sure if this has something to do with RXtools, but I was dumping nand files when suddenly my D-ád gone crazy, restarted the console and now it keeps pressing down the whole time, and the buttons feel like they always felt, soft and not pressed or screwed over.

Will take it tomorrow to a repair shop to see if it's hardware related.
It should be hardware related. Since in rxtools it only READs the HID and never changes it.
Since after you restarted the console it is still going mad (Restart it fully would certainly clear all patches), i don't think it's related to rxtools now.
>> If that is really done by rx, WTF it might even lead to Auto-CFW after restarts. (I'm afraid this could be a joke for a long time).
>> Hope that could be fixed soon after you reached the repair shop.

Reactions: DSoryu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson