Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded the mset on a 7.2 console, but it doesn't load rxtools. Tried installing the loader via ds flashcard and internet browser (this one doesn't seem to even install anything).

EDIT: After installing with ds flashcard, it does crash and reboot my 3ds (as I didn't have rxtools.dat in my SD). Booting rxtools via internet browser works fine.
Restore your sysnand (I hope you have a backup) and downgrade it to 4.2. You should have better results.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the agb file modified in both your nands ?
No!
Already have FBI on my Sysnand but i don't know where to go now.

EDIT: solved installing AGB_FIRM and the .cia GBA games on the sysnand with FBI on RxTools Sysnand.

If you have unlinked nands, that's the way.

Last edited by brkun,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Mine was fixed by updating the firmware.bin, I had one with size <1mb. Maybe you have the same problem?

Btw, thanks @Zeifer846 for telling me that.

Mine is 3.4 MB, it shouldn't be that... Maybe is the RxTools.dat that's giving me the headache.

EDIT: I found this quote on another forum that is said to come from here: "If you're really using the latest, this tells me AGB FIRM patch failed.
Roxas have updated the release for about 4 or 5 times. That's why i said really the latest.
If really using latest, this AGB issue is able to be dealt by rxtools.
What i saw before the latest is [....x..]. and with latest one [.......]."

So it's AGB_FIRM what's failing to be patched. what i don't know is why.

Last edited by Alex658,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Mine is 3.4 MB, it shouldn't be that... Maybe is the RxTools.dat that's giving me the headache.

EDIT: I found this quote on another forum that is said to come from here: "If you're really using the latest, this tells me AGB FIRM patch failed.
Roxas have updated the release for about 4 or 5 times. That's why i said really the latest.
If really using latest, this AGB issue is able to be dealt by rxtools.
What i saw before the latest is [....x..]. and with latest one [.......]."

So it's AGB_FIRM what's failing to be patched. what i don't know is why.
So Interesting that it is quoted in another forum. That's what i said in gbatemp, IIRC it seems to be in this thread.
Well i think next time, you would have a file contains MD5/CRC32 checksums in the release zip file. So you can check if that is exactly the newest.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys. I just installed rxTools 2.6 on my 3ds but I dont know if its normal that everytime I boot using DS Profile it shows me the "installation data suite" thing. Can I remove this thing?

And one last thing... I´m new with all this and I want to know what does the MSET downgrading feature?

Thanks.

Last edited by Sam_SpadeR,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So, without reading 20 pages here and 200 pages on the rx thread...
Can rxTools be launched on 9.2 from mset? It seems odd to have the option to downgrade mset if I can't then use it...
No currently. However mid-kid is working on 9.0-9.2 mset, if you want it, go help him - if you would like to have it so much. Or else you 'd better choose wait.
See the cake hax for rxtools here: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/55

Hello guys. I just installed rxTools 2.6 on my 3ds but I dont know if its normal that everytime I boot using DS Profile it shows me the "installation data suite" thing. Can I remove this thing?
And one last thing... I´m new with all this and I want to know what does the MSET downgrading feature? Thanks.
It is decrypting those FIRMs, and patching those. You know it needs patched ones to work. Unfortunately roxas pushed several releases onto the github, all names are similar.
If you really have the latest one with correct Firmware.bin, it should install successfully and bother you nomore.
If not, tell me what it displays, there should be a progress bar, such as [....x..] or [.......]. Make sure you are using the latest please.
And for the MSET downgrading.. It is to install an exploitable version of MSET, if you are already using DS Profile, there is no need for that (already exploitable).

BTW, I really like to have someone help rxTool team with the documents, at least its tutorial and FAQs, would be included in release zip file.
If you want to help, get a github account, and come to https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues/56. No coding ability needed.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No currently. However mid-kid is working on 9.0-9.2 mset, if you want it, go help him - if you would like to have it so much. Or else you 'd better choose wait.
See the cake hax for rxtools here: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/55

It is decrypting those FIRMs, and patching those. You know it needs patched ones to work. Unfortunately roxas pushed several releases onto the github, all names are similar.
If you really have the latest one with correct Firmware.bin, it should install successfully and bother you nomore.
If not, tell me what it displays, there should be a progress bar, such as [....x..] or [.......]. Make sure you are using the latest please.
And for the MSET downgrading.. It is to install an exploitable version of MSET, if you are already using DS Profile, there is no need for that (already exploitable).

BTW, I really like to have someone help rxTool team with the documents, at least its tutorial and FAQs, would be included in release zip file.
If you want to help, get a github account, and come to https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues/56. No coding ability needed.

Hi dude, thanks a lot for the reply!

It shows the [....x..] thing and then says press A. I get the latest files but something happened: I can´t create the Firmware.bin from Python don´t know why. I installed Python 2710 and then opened the cdn_firm and never created the Firmware.bin file. Can you help me with it, man?

Thanks again!

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi dude, thanks a lot for the reply!
It shows the [....x..] thing and then says press A. I get the latest files but something happened: I can´t create the Firmware.bin from Python don´t know why. I installed Python 2710 and then opened the cdn_firm and never created the Firmware.bin file. Can you help me with it, man?
Thanks again!
That means AGB FIRM patched failure. If you have correct RxTools.dat and new Firmware.bin (~3.4MB) you should not see such things.
Try to grab the newest one from github.com release page again, and use the script cdn_firm.py provided in the release zip to get the firmware.bin.
.. And remove the rxTools folder before copying both files onto your SD card root.
Then, try it and tell me about the effect.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That means AGB FIRM patched failure. If you have correct RxTools.dat and new Firmware.bin (~3.4MB) you should not see such things.
Try to grab the newest one from github.com release page again, and use the script cdn_firm.py provided in the release zip to get the firmware.bin.
.. And remove the rxTools folder before copying both files onto your SD card root.
Then, try it and tell me about the effect.

Hi man, I cant find the script you mentioned but I download some Firmware. bin a guy posted a few minutes ago or so and doesnt work either. I deleted the rxtools folder and paste firmware.bin into the SD card root and the boot DS Profile and shows the "installation data suite" but it just this: [. ] and dont run anything.

What it would be? Where can I find the right Firmware.bin?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi man, I cant find the script you mentioned but I download some Firmware. bin a guy posted a few minutes ago or so and doesnt work either. I deleted the rxtools folder and paste firmware.bin into the SD card root and the boot DS Profile and shows the "installation data suite" but it just this: [. ] and dont run anything.
What it would be? Where can I find the right Firmware.bin?
You're using the wrong firmware.bin, exactly.
The script can be located inside {release zip}/tool/cdn_firm.py. Just run the script.
Or else try to access this page:
I made a php script from the cdnfirm.py,
http://baldorps.com/test.php
since so many people are having problems running it.
If that helps, thanks to him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*