Status
Not open for further replies.

gigio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ahem correction, it should be "Ladies, gentlemen and those in between who come here to troll so they can feel better about their lack of romantic options". ;)
Hey... I have lots of romantic options, my right and my left

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Stop the non-sense and get back on topic please (before this gets locked).

On topic: I can't wait for this, mostly for the homebrew apps and (hopefully) region-free gaming, I hope the region lock gets cracked soon (so I can play mahself some Taiko no Tatsujin, awww yeeaa).

EDIT: Oh and I forgot the mods, can't wait for custom tracks and models for games (mostly for the upcoming ssb, but there's a lot to do before we get to this).

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope this will not allow to play games backup because i've just sold my 3DS XL 8.0 and invested 350$+ into a 3DS XL 4.2, Gateway and a 64GB Micro SD. So if this exploit allow free games on 8.0, i'm seriously gonna be mad :(

Reactions: yuyuyup

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hopes are for some really kool apps that the 3DS might be able to run such as allowing DSx86 to run windows 95 and allow for wireless sending of documents to the web. A SNES emulator that can play the FX chip roms at full speed. I wait for that day.:wub:

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wish list for Homebrew on 3DS
3DS Save Dump Encrypt/Decrypt so we can finally use PokeHEX & edit saves for other games plus Digital Games too............ I do have my doubts about this.
3DS Play Coin Editor I want Infinite Play Coins so I can use them at any given time and not care if I run out.
3DS StreetPass Plaza Editor (All Hats from Find Mii 1 & 2, All Puzzle Pieces, etc.)
3DS Cheat Codes (Action Replay, Game Shark, Code Breaker, etc.)

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a godsend for many homebrew developers interested in the platform but not interested in the hassle.

It will most likely become something the Gateway team may build upon, to increase the compatibility of their cartridge. Thus far, people have been stealing Gateway's solutions, but once something better comes along, even though it won't enable piracy, it might give them new ideas for their own solutions. In fact, I hope this happens, since I want continued Gateway support, and most of us do.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It will most likely become something the Gateway team may build upon, to increase the compatibility of their cartridge. Thus far, people have been stealing Gateway's solutions, but once something better comes along, even though it won't enable piracy, it might give them new ideas for their own solutions. In fact, I hope this happens, since I want continued Gateway support, and most of us do.
The exploit Gateway uses was not invented by the Gateway team - it's been roaming around for a while, they merely built upon the already solid base.

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wish list for Homebrew on 3DS
3DS Save Dump Encrypt/Decrypt so we can finally use PokeHEX & edit saves for other games plus Digital Games too............ I do have my doubts about this.
3DS Play Coin Editor I want Infinite Play Coins so I can use them at any given time and not care if I run out.
3DS StreetPass Plaza Editor (All Hats from Find Mii 1 & 2, All Puzzle Pieces, etc.)
3DS Cheat Codes (Action Replay, Game Shark, Code Breaker, etc.)

3DS Save Dump Encrypt/Decrypt = Gateway can already dump saves
3DS Play Coin Editor = http://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-66#post-4991718
3DS StreetPass Plaza Editor = Play Coin Editor also mean that
3DS Cheat Codes = Actio nReplay Powersaves (not working for gateway sadly)

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit Gateway uses was not invented by the Gateway team - it's been roaming around for a while, they merely built upon the already solid base.

I didn't say it was. It was a way in, however, and they have made the best of it, as I hope they will with what SSSpwn brings. It's not the Gateway fangirl talking, by the way. I just want an all-in-one solution. Backups, imports, homebrew, GBA VC and so on, on ALL firmware revisions.

Reactions: Nightwish

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Warez kiddies cry because they feel they are entitled to free hax which aren't even possible within the scope of this exploit.

I didn't say it was. It was a way in, however, and they have made the best of it, as I hope they will with what SSSpwn brings. It's not the Gateway fangirl talking, by the way. I just want an all-in-one solution. Backups, imports, homebrew, GBA VC and so on, on ALL firmware revisions.

SSSpwn is a userland exploit. You need to hook into the kernel to do what Gateway does.

I for one, am looking forward to being able to run homebrew without a Gateway and am interested in seeing the approach Smea took to get there.

Reactions: Vappy

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can play imported games with no 3DS mode flashcart at all, y'know. The only thing the Gateway truly enables is backup launching, and even for that it's an ass-backwards way of going about it. A custom firmware would be infinitely better, but for now the Gateway will do for those who need to launch backups.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
3DS Save Dump Encrypt/Decrypt = Gateway can already dump saves
3DS Play Coin Editor = http://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-66#post-4991718
3DS StreetPass Plaza Editor = Play Coin Editor also mean that
3DS Cheat Codes = Actio nReplay Powersaves (not working for gateway sadly)
yeah well 1 & 4 are not the exact same thing as what he wanted...
1. decrypting and encrypting would mean you could make edits and still use the save, gateway only dumps the save still encrypted

and cheats would allow more stuff than simple save editing like what powersaves does....things like walk through walls and infinite health and stuff like that isnt really possible with save mods

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah well 1 & 4 are not the exact same thing as what he wanted...
1. decrypting and encrypting would mean you could make edits and still use the save, gateway only dumps the save still encrypted

and cheats would allow more stuff than simple save editing like what powersaves does....things like walk through walls and infinite health and stuff like that isnt really possible with save mods

Well, if Gateway ever allow us to use Powersaves cheat that would be enough, i mean, who really need walk trough walls and infinite health, it's fun for about 2 minutes after that it only makes the game too easy and it becomes boring.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, if Gateway ever allow us to use Powersaves cheat that would be enough, i mean, who really need walk trough walls and infinite health, it's fun for about 2 minutes after that it only makes the game too easy and it becomes boring.
yeah but for example, the volcanion and hoopa codes.....why limit yourself to what datel decide they want to allow.......in fact why limit yourself to buying a powersaves device when it would be essentially unnecessary

as for unnecessary codes yeah some things are unnecessary but its always kinda fun to be able to explore hidden parts of the maps and stuff in games....but i suppose that stuff depends on the user XD

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah but for example, the volcanion and hoopa codes.....why limit yourself to what datel decide they want to allow.......in fact why limit yourself to buying a powersaves device when it would be essentially unnecessary

as for unnecessary codes yeah some things are unnecessary but its always kinda fun to be able to explore hidden parts of the maps and stuff in games....but i suppose that stuff depends on the user XD

I'm not sure, sometimes walking trough walls cheats can make a game unstable, or even worst, for game with auto-save, you can get stuck somewhere and loose your save because you can't get out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm not sure, sometimes walking trough walls cheats can make a game unstable, or even worst, for game with auto-save, you can get stuck somewhere and loose your save because you can't get out.
....im not suggesting all walls on every game are removed lol, i'm just saying that there are certain things that are not possible with save modifications so personally i think actual cheats would be better than just letting people use powersaves....which in my opinion is pretty lackluster in terms of what it offers.....most of the codes are just "unlock everything" or "max money".....which imho kinda ruin game than silly cheats which you can have a mess about with and do stuff that are normally not possible

but as i said its all dependent on the user some people just want unlock everything codes, and thats upto them, but personally i love messing about with stupidly ridiculous codes that do stupid stuff......maybe that says more about me though :rofl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0