‘Legend of Zelda’ Movie in the Works

zelda-movie-header.jpg

As reported on by "The Hollywood Reporter" a live action adaptation of The Legend of Zelda is in the works. Being produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions and being co-financed by Sony Pictures, the movie is in the early stages but has been in active development for years. Wes Ball of the Maze Runner trilogy is set to direct.

"Nintendo representative director and fellow Shigeru Miyamoto, who is set to produce the project, posted Tuesday to X (formerly Twitter) that he and Arad have been working on a live-action movie version “for many years now.”

Miyamoto continued, “We have now officially started the development of the film with Nintendo itself heavily involved in the production. It will take time until its completion, but I hope you look forward to seeing it.”

The “Zelda” movie is co-produced by Arad, whose credits include every live-action “Spider-Man” movie and the “Spider-Verse” animated films. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment, with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. Sony will handle the theatrical distribution.

SOURCE

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both imdb and rotten tomatoes audience score is preety damn good...
And the Metascore and Rotten Tomatoes critic scores aren't particularly good. Nobody I know who saw it thought it was any good, and plenty of the detailed reviews I've read, including from audience members criticized it pretty heavily. Hell, if I didn't see the movie with some family members I would've walked out.
Also... it might get full of "easter eggs" with cringe quotes at the worst times... you know, the: "It's dangerous to go alone, take this" or "It's a secret to everybody' or "Kooloo Limpah!".
I actually really want to see a live action Tingle. Since Avi Arad is attached to it could either be good or really, really bad.

I just hope I don't have to sit through a montage of easter eggs like the Super Mario Bros movie that really ruins the pacing or really unfunny jokes like Toads talking about how cute they are and making a stupid cartoony "cute" face. I think having Arad on there means something like that isn't likely, but Spider-Man 3 had some pretty plot irrelevant Bully Maguire scenes.

Avi Arad was producer for some really good stuff like the '92 X-Men cartoon and the '94 Spider-Man cartoon, and the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies (well the first 2 were good, 3 was mediocre), so hopefully he gets the right people to make the Zelda movie good.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto