‘Legend of Zelda’ Movie in the Works

zelda-movie-header.jpg

As reported on by "The Hollywood Reporter" a live action adaptation of The Legend of Zelda is in the works. Being produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions and being co-financed by Sony Pictures, the movie is in the early stages but has been in active development for years. Wes Ball of the Maze Runner trilogy is set to direct.

"Nintendo representative director and fellow Shigeru Miyamoto, who is set to produce the project, posted Tuesday to X (formerly Twitter) that he and Arad have been working on a live-action movie version “for many years now.”

Miyamoto continued, “We have now officially started the development of the film with Nintendo itself heavily involved in the production. It will take time until its completion, but I hope you look forward to seeing it.”

The “Zelda” movie is co-produced by Arad, whose credits include every live-action “Spider-Man” movie and the “Spider-Verse” animated films. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment, with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. Sony will handle the theatrical distribution.

SOURCE

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo3dscentral.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but live action adaptions of video game franchises don't work well together (though a few exceptions exist, and some of those got lucky) unless a few successful animated adaptions were made first... And a live action Zelda movie sounds terrible in my opinion! Let's not forget the disaster that was Zelda's Adventure!

But we'll see! This may be a hard pass for the theaters for me, unless it offers something that will blow me away! And I have HIGH expectations for movies like this!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
As reported on by "The Hollywood Reporter" a live action adaptation of The Legend of Zelda is in the works. Being produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions and being co-financed by Sony Pictures, the movie is in the early stages but has been in active development for years. Wes Ball of the Maze Runner trilogy is set to direct.

"Nintendo representative director and fellow Shigeru Miyamoto, who is set to produce the project, posted Tuesday to X (formerly Twitter) that he and Arad have been working on a live-action movie version “for many years now.”

Miyamoto continued, “We have now officially started the development of the film with Nintendo itself heavily involved in the production. It will take time until its completion, but I hope you look forward to seeing it.”

SOURCE

Jestyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would've prefer if they just produced a anime movie adaptation tbh. Now I'm really curious how are they going to translate the video game into movie. Will link speak? Dungeons? If he will carry multiple items and weapons.

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario movie was as bland as it could be. So not high hopes for this. It could be awesome with the CGI they have these days but they really have to go all in which I doubt they will and a lot of the current politics will shine through. If there ever was a fantasy story it's Zelda but they have to embrace it.
What's up with all the people saying this guy or that guy could play Tingle or something? Don't you feel like in movies like this they need to give us unknown actors? Other than going "Haha! Danny DeVito as Tingle!!" I don't just don't see the appeal.

Jestyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario movie was as bland as it could be. So not high hopes for this. It could be awesome with the CGI they have these days but they really have to go all in which I doubt they will and a lot of the current politics will shine through. If there ever was a fantasy story it's Zelda but they have to embrace it.
What's up with all the people saying this guy or that guy could play Tingle or something? Don't you feel like in movies like this they need to give us unknown actors? Other than going "Haha! Danny DeVito as Tingle!!" I don't just don't see the appeal.
No, zelda game has never been a political game. It's adventure and heroics of link, chosen by goddess to save hyrule. Adding politics might give the story a wrong focus. There are some materials that are just better left simple and not to over complicate. However, politics might be fine as long as it only stays in background, like for example who are the royal families? Although I agree going with unkown nobody actors. Star wars started like that and they were successful, I'm not fan of star wars series though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
...Both of which weren't made by Nintendo, and have never been officially supported by Nintendo.
Those shouldn't count, just like how no-one considers fan-films or fangames to be canon.
zelda and peach have been fighting and killing people since super smash bros melee xD

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
"Live-action"? Why not animated? Either 2D or 3D, though i'd prefer 2D. And make Link f'ing speak, none of that "Hyaah" nonsense.
quoting you many days ago, but it's because I agree, I agree a lot with that.

My kids are growing big, and they are choosing their own stuff to watch now. They are watching Studio Ghibli movies, some of them from 20 years before they were even born, and those animations look, sound and feel so good. Some of those movies were already a thing when I was a kid, I totally missed it on my childhood and teenager years.

Anyway, I would love to see Legend of Zelda in that style.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto